Hacking Nintendont

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a quick question in regard to using USB loader gx when loading gcn games.

I have the latest nintendont installed. And when I load my gcn game "starfox assault" from the homebrew channel using nintendont, everything works fine. But when I try to boot the game from usb loader gx, I get a black screen. When I click on the game in gx, it comes up with a brief description of the game. I click 'start' and then black screen.

I haven't changed any settings in gx. and my wii games boot fine in gx. Any help?

EDIT: All fixed. No need to worry!

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
usb will only start if its on the correct port.

who changed call of duty 2 to green and removed the 1.5x speed issue in the notes? the game clearly runs at 1.5 times speed srs ppl use your head before editing the compat list...
if you are talking about "Call of Duty 2: Red One" it works fine for me, like i said on previous pages the only problem i have is subtitles (if chosen) are appearing on screen earlier before dialogues.
that's the issue i added to wiki.
aside from that speed is correct for me, even on-screen notices are appearing on time (e.g. it asks me to get down when enemies appear or says i don't have to breaking in to open the door when i get near to it etc.)
i managed to defeat a whole army without any problems. didn't had any slowdowns or fast play issues.
it may be something have to do with your disc or it's a special issue where the game doesn't load alright for all Wiis (like it happened with Hit & Run).

i'd have added another problems if i had but i didn't. that's why it's a green game for me.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
if you are talking about "Call of Duty 2: Red One" it works fine for me, like i said on previous pages the only problem i have is subtitles (if chosen) are appearing on screen earlier before dialogues.
that's the issue i added to wiki.
aside from that speed is correct for me, even on-screen notices are appearing on time (e.g. it asks me to get down when enemies appear or says i don't have to breaking in to open the door when i get near to it etc.)
i managed to defeat a whole army without any problems. didn't had any slowdowns or fast play issues.
it may be something have to do with your disc or it's a special issue where the game doesn't load alright for all Wiis (like it happened with Hit & Run).

i'd have added another problems if i had but i didn't. that's why it's a green game for me.
you never played the game before than the game run at 1.5 speed ntsc atleast, the enmys run too fast as does everything else, unless theres some setting that makes it not run 1.5 speed the game runs it on ntsc on wii with bc with default settings except mcemu on

i just booted it now on the second mission and you can clarly see thw double speed, your using any loader like GX,wiiflow or any special settings?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried some Japanese games yesterday, i don't understand the language but had fun playing them :)
Pool Edge has English menu.

you should try Kururin Squash! if you can, it's a highly enjoyable and original game.

Lupin is more like an Animé movie than a game. all you do is pressing continue when required, it's simple. (if only it had some english subtitles!)

I do love some Lupin! I used to watch all the time.

Also on a side note, Doraemon has come to the US?! I saw it on Nickelodeon the other day, I was like WTF?!?

Do you by chance have the Pawafuru Pro Yakyu series to test? I tried but they immediately shut the Wii off. Looking for confirmation that its not just me.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Adeka said:

It's not bull and I have proof...
If you had actually tested it then you'd know that it doesn't always happen, that's right; it's random. If you actually tried it and it worked for you then you obviously didn't test twice. Yes, I got this on the second time testing not the first. In any case it isn't bull and you shouldn't jump the gun without being 100% sure yourself.

LOG

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
a log would be useful.

I also wanted to say that starting to detail issue in intro/video/not essential to gameplay is probably a good idea.
We focused the compatibility list only on important bugs at first because a lot of game didn't work.
Now most of them are working, I think it's time to also list minor issues. If the game is marked as Green/working fine 100%, how would developers know that it has to fix the intro someday?

if other devs agree of course, but I think now that a lot of games are working it could be interesting, instead of fighting each other few pages long to know who did what and revert correct reports to mask them and do like everything was 100% working. It's not 100% working, and sometime it will have to be fixed.

The devs can pick the issue they want to fix, listing them is not a problem in the development objective, any fix is good.

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SX Superstar (NTSC) [GS3E51] *NOT WORKING*
Source: 1:1 Disc Image and Shrunked
Nintendont Rev. : v2.148
Shrunk Status: Not Working
Shrunk Size: 683 MB
Issue: freezing on startup

Do you by chance have the Pawafuru Pro Yakyu series to test? I tried but they immediately shut the Wii off. Looking for confirmation that its not just me.
i will try to get them and play to see if they are doing the same for me too. if i know right there has been six gamecube games.

you never played the game before than the game run at 1.5 speed ntsc atleast, the enmys run too fast as does everything else, unless theres some setting that makes it not run 1.5 speed the game runs it on ntsc on wii with bc with default settings except mcemu on

i just booted it now on the second mission and you can clarly see thw double speed, your using any loader like GX,wiiflow or any special settings?

i'm a terrible player when it comes to First Person Shooters, never spent much time to play them. it was a random choice i did to try and test the game since the last rev. was way older.
i just played the first level (or mission? campaign they say), didn't gone far much because it's harder for me to play a game like that with gc controller. it's just what i played through while testing. it might be different than it is originally but i couldn't have known that.
in fact, previous notes section of wiki entry didn't mention anything about when the fast gameplay happens! it'd have been more helpful.
don't know what happens for Nintendont in upcoming missions because my character wouldn't live long enough to see them.
i don't know how i managed to kill enemy soldiers since i'm an fps noob :D
i never played the game on real gamecube so i don't know how the game flows (or other soldiers act like), if the problem i reported actually happens in reverse than i reported (audio have to appear earlier or something like that) then i apologize with deep sincerity for a wrong report.
i didn't do anything special, i just played it with the latest builds of known usb loaders, that's all. i always enable widescreen patches, 480p support and memcard in settings.

Also on a side note, Doraemon has come to the US?! I saw it on Nickelodeon the other day, I was like WTF?!?
we have both Nickelodeon and Disney Channel here in Turkey but it's only Disney Channel that airs Doraemon everyday, go figure :)

clandestine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get an error telling me to plug my controller in the top usb port when I'm using GCN controllers on a wii. How do i fix this?

edit: figured it out. had to disable the option in the settings

clandestine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't I get Nintendont to work with CFG? I keep getting an error saying to disable AHB prot?? It works FINE loading it from Nintendon't natively without a loader. I can't figure this out.

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a log would be useful.

I also wanted to say that starting to detail issue in intro/video/not essential to gameplay is probably a good idea.
We focused the compatibility list only on important bugs at first because a lot of game didn't work.
Now most of them are working, I think it's time to also list minor issues. If the game is marked as Green/working fine 100%, how would developers know that it has to fix the intro someday?

if other devs agree of course, but I think now that a lot of games are working it could be interesting, instead of fighting each other few pages long to know who did what and revert correct reports to mask them and do like everything was 100% working. It's not 100% working, and sometime it will have to be fixed.

The devs can pick the issue they want to fix, listing them is not a problem in the development objective, any fix is good.

Ah, actually I would like to report that for F-Zero GX the menu music will stutter for a bit and make a strange sound and then it plays fine after that, it's a bit jarring to the ear.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which one? I have all of them ripped to test them out

This quote took forever for me to dig up. Perhaps you can check up on this

Ok first with Nintendont - you go and play Resident Evil Zero and when you get to the bit on disc 2 where you have to put the dial on the door to open the section where the rail car is you tell me a way of doing that without having the screen freeze up.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those games work as NGC ISOS ?
And most importantly... Do they save properly?

Mario 64 and the Zelda's save.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!
HEADSHOT DEVO!

I know this post is a little old but I must tell you something.

Without tueidj, Nintendont wouldn't be possible. The Disable AHBPROT thing is something he figured out. Disabling AHBPROT allows a program to take full advantage of the Wii's hardware, and without it Devo or Nintendont wouldn't be a possibility.

Reactions: NEP and sonictopfan

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Those games work as NGC ISOS ?
And most importantly... Do they save properly?
The Zelda games and Mario save, others don't, also you can add Puyo Puyo Sun as I tested it working fine, I'll add that Pilot Wings has serious graphical issues and Kirby has no sound, I deleted these two from my list but feel free to keep them, may test other games next week!

Reactions: _47iscool

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX Superstar (NTSC) [GS3E51] *NOT WORKING*

i will try to get them and play to see if they are doing the same for me too. if i know right there has been six gamecube games.

we have both Nickelodeon and Disney Channel here in Turkey but it's only Disney Channel that airs Doraemon everyday, go figure :)

Maybe it is Disney, I get them mixed up.

I think there were Jikkyou Pawafuru Pro Yakyu 9-10-11-12 on Gamecube. At least thats what I have.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This quote took forever for me to dig up. Perhaps you can check up on this

Damn, I will have to play all the way up to that point of the game.
It only happens for Resident Evil Zero?
The other RE games (Remake, CV, 4) work good with the disc swapping?

EDIT: I know this might be a little old but this might be a great addition to Nintendont as a work around to those that have Digital Inputs in their controls and want the option of a possible soft-pressing in the control.

Check this out:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-controller-configurations.355035/page-10#post-5069612

I agree with this.
It's a pain in the ass to have just bare digital inputs, this is more of a pain in games like Luigi's Mansion (the simplest thing as sucking up a ghost is a struggle) and Mario Sunshine (try to beat Shadow Mario stopping everytime you want to pour some sugah on him)

L button is not used for my Controller.ini, which means I have this one as free space.
Let's say:
L + L2 = Full analog press for AnalogTriggerL
L2 alone = Medium analog press for AnalogTriggerL
L + R2 = Full analog press for AnalogTriggerR
R alone = Medium analog press for AnalogTriggerR

Most of the controllers nowadays have 4 shoulder triggers, so it means we have a button to spare.
Also, we might remove the option for the Home button enabling some C-Stick changes, Devo does this also so I don't know why is that, just leave the C Stick (Right Analog Stick) to function as it should have.
This way we can leave the Home button for reset and Select button could be used for other things maybe related to Analog functions.

What do you think?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof