Hacking Nintendont

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you have time and the game, you could test and update the compatibility of the one listed with an old version of nintendont.
some (non working) games are still listed with 1.40, 1.23, etc.

to test correctly, play an hour or complete the first mission, try all game modes

Reactions: the_randomizer

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 Can you perhaps explain how you managed to get streaming audio working? Afterall that was something declared impossible by some respected devs back in the day apparently because of being a hardware issue.
Actually it was size limitations not hardware issues, same reason why DM didn't have bluetooth support, remember that Devo had the audio streaming working fine from the early builds!

The PC/GC Sonic CD is the better version, it's smooth and never slows down, unlike the Sega CD version. I can't see anyone going back to the original version after playing the GC one.

^This.

Am I the only one that thinks splash screens are unnecessary? cIOS or anything else for that matter don't have one, and I don't need something telling me I'm using "insert-tacky-hb-name-here" whenever I load them games. One could even have a USB loader show the image+animation, instead of forcing it on every user.
No you are not, in fact I was thinking if it's possible to add an option to disable the testing text that appears before the game launch, maybe make it optional so that you turn it on if you're having an issue starting a game but when it's working fine just make it black screen so that it'll look like it loads automatically, I know it's crazy but would be cool if something like that was implemented!

best way is always full isos and just play them for awhile, theres nothing more to it.
^This, though I'd add it would always help if you had a complete save file for in some cases certain games crash at certain areas, would save a lot of time testing said areas rather than playing the whole thing!

Sonic CD is still crashing on launch and SADX is still doing the double input thing.
Already reported, also Billy Hatcher still freezes on the save screen unless save was disabled!

Notice everyone how since audio streaming was fixed people started coming for Nintendont more than before, leaving behind Dios Mios (which is still a great software, make no mistakes) thank you so much Fix94 for this, can't wait for the next update <3

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I heard that burnout 2 does not like the original Wii at all. I'll check it right now on the Wii U

Please, let me know if it only boots on Wii U and not on the normal Wii so I can make the proper changes to the compatibility list and also let the developers know since know about it, since that would make 2 games so far that have a similar issue (the other being Medal of Honor: European Assault, which only boots on Wii).

If you could include a log file that would be even bettter!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that burnout 2 does not like the original Wii at all. I'll check it right now on the Wii U

That would certainly explain why the same ISO image crashed at a specific spot when I ran it on Dios Mios last year. If that's the case, dayum, because I can't test it on the Wii U, due to lack of an HID controller. Hopefully the Gamecube controller adapter will work on the Wii U with this program.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any fix yet for the loader crashing with 252+games (not really a file number issue so much as the sum of the characters in the game list, I think) ?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have 250 gamecube games then I think you should delete some you don't play that much...

have you tried booting any of them through an usb loader?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Even if he did delete some games, it is still a issue nonetheless.

It is an issue, but nowhere near as important as some things like improving compatibility, bluetooth support, etc.
Besides, 250+ games? It's a little bit too much...

His best option so far is to try to run his games through a Loader like Wiiflow or CFG, that way Nintendont will directly autoboot the game without the app listing all the games.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though Audio Streaming is in, subtitles are still delayed in Star Fox Adventures, it seems. The subtitles for Krystal encountering General Scales didn't show up until after I was in Krazoa Palace.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is an issue, but nowhere near as important as some things like improving compatibility, bluetooth support, etc.
Besides, 250+ games? It's a little bit too much...

His best option so far is to try to run his games through a Loader like Wiiflow or CFG, that way Nintendont will directly autoboot the game without the app listing all the games.
That's the next thing I want to try. How do I get it to work with Wiiflow? The loader is set to Nintendont, but it just boots the loader and I have to select the game twice. I tried turning autoboot on, but it keeps booting the same game, even though I pick something different.

And I refuse to delete any of my games. I play them all and love them all equally :/

demiand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
HI

I was playing Star Fox Aventure (pal), and in the cienematics, the subtitles appear until the cinema finish, and they appear interjected

great work boys and the sound was great thanks fix94

http://www.subirimagenes.net/i/140819023201252723.jpg
140819023201252723.jpg

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the 1075 mod that AbdallahTerro made. But it keeps autobooting the same game even though I pick a different one. Could someone please tell me how to fix this?

Obnobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee, and the audio is now working. However, after you finish the first level in adventure mode, you are sent back to the main menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg