Hacking Nintendont

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Playing Majora's Mask today, I noticed something strange. At first I thought the beavers were cheating, because even tho I made no mistakes during the race through the rings I kept losing with two rings left. But it's not the beaver's fault - somehow Nintendon't makes the race timer run at double speed...

That is really interesting, could you upload your memory card file? I want to try that out.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Two small issues to report: That damn Beaver race has the timer run out before even the race is finished (2 rings left when timer hits 0. Is this because of 60Hz? I breezed through that race in the PAL VC wad, here time runs out, odd).
Devolution also has that problem but is fixed when using the timer fix, which Nintendont doesn't have.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Wait, how's that?

I think he means that his TV upscales the video rather than the Wii U.

I mean, the PAL games only run at 480i 60 Hertz, they don't run 480p because the PAL GameCube don't support 480p because it doesn't have component cable support, so I check the option "Force Progressive" to make they work in 480p, but it only work with a few PAL games, when I say the Wii U showns 1080p 60 Hertz, The game truly runs in 480i, but the Wii U thanks to a Panasonic chip upscales the game to the max resolution (1080p), but it seems this works only in Americans Wii U, however even the Wii U convert 480i to 1080p stills seeing in interlaced mode, I can see that because the progressive scan it's sharper than interlaced, and in the Wii U upscale it's sees blurry when it should see sharper. So it stills seeing in interlaced mode.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd really just recommend using an emulator like Wii64 or Project 64 since emulating is all the Collectors edition does. (also the reason why it doesn't run that well)
It might be fixed eventually though.

Project64 with a 10 year old PC that barely manages playing youtube videos and other stuff? I don't think that is such a good idea, still thanks for suggesting. Wii64 also did not run all that well for me in the past plus I don't think there would be a way to convert my save file and I don't really feel like starting over with the game so... but I might try to give dios mios a shot if all else fails, but anyway, back on topic:

------

That is really interesting, could you upload your memory card file? I want to try that out.
Sure, here you go:

PZLP.raw

Note: I have not yet gotten Epona since I entered Great Bay Coast by using a glitch. But I already activated both owl statues there, so just use the song of soaring to get there.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sure, here you go:

PZLP.raw

Note: I have not yet gotten Epona since I entered Great Bay Coast by using a glitch. But I already activated both owl statues there, so just use the song of soaring to get there.

OK thats really funny, it runs just fine, even the 3 2 1 countdown is normal but the timer itself is at least 2x faster than it should be. I'll see if the cause is easy to find.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK thats really funny, it runs just fine, even the 3 2 1 countdown is normal but the timer itself is at least 2x faster than it should be. I'll see if the cause is easy to find.

Thanks for looking into it. If there's any way I can help, i.e providing more info, please let me know.

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
In the compatibility list it says that some games have double speed cutscenes, maybe if the count timer for Majora Mask is fixed it could fix the cutscenes too, The Simpson hit and run first scene is faster than it original speed in the GameCube.
I was thinking/hoping the same thing! :)

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks. All I needed to know.
I'll get a bigger SD card soon so I can have more Gamecube games!

Only a tip (A SD Card is good too), some USB have shorter loading times than SD cards, I prefer a USB for playing because of this, I use a 16GB Pendrive and a 4GB SD Card and the pendrive have shorter loading times, you need to format in FAT or FAT32 with the hightest cluster, and you will get faster loading times.

InsanePinkiePie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 2gb SD card. I know, it's bad.

Only a tip (A SD Card is good too), some USB have shorter loading times than SD cards, I prefer a USB for playing because of this, I use a 16GB Pendrive and a 4GB SD Card and the pendrive have shorter loading times, you need to format in FAT or FAT32 with the hightest cluster, and you will get faster loading times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: