Hacking Nintendont

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there a way to change the default Nintendont settings so that Memory Card Emulations + Force NTSC are flagged "yes"?

I'm currently going into settings every time I launch it.

(Maybe this is something I can do from Wiiflow? Right now every time I boot a GCN game in Wiiflow, it loads the black + white text Nintendont screen where I manually change the settings and then pick the game.)

Check Wiiflow settings, you should be able to enable autoboot and memory card emulation for nintendont there. Autoboot will skip the gamelist so you don't have to edit the settings in nintendont loader either, just choose your GC game in wiiflow (I suppose wiiflow allows to force ntsc individually for each game) and it should load immediately.

None

Nintendont's

If you never had the cheats working with the folder you used before, why are you surprised that you need to rename it to the ID6 of the game? As shadow said, having the gtc file inside a ID6 folder was always the way to use cheats; unless you use an usb loader where you set a different path for cheats, and then enable Cheats Path in nintendont settings.

Reactions: dr_slump

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The default HBC in Wii U has a 4:3 ratio.
You have to install a modded version of HBC (I have Dark HBC) so it can run all the apps in Widescreen.

Or use the tueidj fix solution app, but it's horrible to start everytime that app to make the 16:9, but The Homebrew Channel wasn't 4:3 before 4.0.0, that update makes some changes to vWii, and the channels with Title ID like VC Channels will lunch in 4:3, so JoostinOnline have done a new Homebrew forwarder with a new ID.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm on Wii, not on vWii, and i use HBC 1.1.2, so for me it's 16:9 or 4:3?

Depends if you are using the Wii on a normal TV or a Widescreen TV, also you should check your Wii settings and verify what ratio you have it as.

Guys, just a little reminder, we are getting a little bit of topic here.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Depends if you are using the Wii on a normal TV or a Widescreen TV, also you should check your Wii settings and verify what ratio you have it as.

Guys, just a little reminder, we are getting a little bit of topic here.
For me, I was only saying waht happend in the HBC in vWii, anyway, coming againg to Nintendont thread, it would be possible to add the Wii U GamePad as playeable controller? if bluetoth library work, it will be with Wii U Pro Controller and Wii Remote, and maybe anothers controllers, but Wii U Gamepad use Wi-Fi, so it wouldn't work...

BooLWiigiN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Thank you! I am preparing my files to use Nintendont and I want to know if I can format my 8GB USB in FAT32 64k, because i think I can't format in 64k on FAT32 just FAT, true?

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you never had the cheats working with the folder you used before, why are you surprised that you need to rename it to the ID6 of the game? As shadow said, having the gtc file inside a ID6 folder was always the way to use cheats; unless you use an usb loader where you set a different path for cheats, and then enable Cheats Path in nintendont settings.

Let me clarify a bit here.

The GCT file IS named the ID6 of the game and in the game's folder, it was the folder naming that was the problem.

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 [NTSC-U] is working flawlessly on 1.125. I don't know how to add to the compatibility list, but I have a ton of games that aren't on the list that I'm willing to test out.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 [NTSC-U] is working flawlessly on 1.125. I don't know how to add to the compatibility list, but I have a ton of games that aren't on the list that I'm willing to test out.

what is its DSP version? iso size? compressed or not?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
ISO is uncompressed @1.4Gb, and I don't know how to check the DSP version. Also, I was apparently on 1.124. Sorry, I'm trying to get the hang of things.

It is alright, it should work on the latest version, as the latest changes only affect compatibility for animal crossing for checking, use dspscan -> http://crediar.no-ip.com/dspscan.rar drag and drop your iso file on the executable, it should output the dsp rom version.
Sorry if this question has been asked before but what's the utility of forcing NTSC with Nintendont?

It force NTSC video output for games from other regions (let's say PAL) instead of its original video output.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sorry if this question has been asked before but what's the utility of forcing NTSC with Nintendont?

But in family edition some Wiis have problems due the 0x21 GPU (That Wiis have some problems but I think now it is fixed exept forcing video) Rizzorules had some problems with that, so my recommendation is using NTSC ISOs if you console is NTSC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, i think she said she isnt into gaming