Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so greyrogue any chance you look into what happened from 1.83 to 1.84 since most of the games cant be controlled with the ps3 controller the ps3 controller refuses to sync up

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember that there are 2 models of the ps3 controller

The earlier models just have "sixaxis" wrote across the top. These have no rumble.

The later models have both "sixaxis" and "dualshock 3" wrote across the top.

perhaps this has something to do with it?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Remember that there are 2 models of the ps3 controller

The earlier models just have "sixaxis" wrote across the top. These have no rumble.

The later models have both "sixaxis" and "dualshock 3" wrote across the top.

perhaps this has something to do with it?
mine only says sixaxis guess its a first generation one but it doesnt work right now on most nintendont games something was broken for ps3 controllers on 1.84

artwen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I tested Killer 7 with sd card. Ps3 controller refuses to sync. With usb work well, but rumble freezes game. If disable rumble from controler configuration, all ok.​

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I tested Killer 7 with sd card. Ps3 controller refuses to sync. With usb work well, but rumble freezes game. If disable rumble from controler configuration, all ok.

Exactly as I said. Rumble is part of issues with ps3 controler.

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tested Luigi's Mansion with sd card, nintendont 1.102 It crashes at nintendo logo, same as USB. I don't know why it doesn't work for me.
Strange. It works in 1.101 on SD, but not USB. Neither work in 1.102. I think this is some sort of timing issue.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Strange. It works in 1.101 on SD, but not USB. Neither work in 1.102. I think this is some sort of timing issue.

I am just not really skilled to know more about the problem, sorry :(

Robbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i was trying out some games to see if they would freeze further away from the start like splinter cell chaos theory which freezes 30 seconds or so ingame and the ps3 controller worked fine i didnt tryed anymore games yet on 101 but i remenber trying 007 agent under fire on 90ish and also had controls same for spyro games, over the hedje and such i think it depends on the games i guess.

yes it does depend on the games. the MGS games crash like 30 seconds into the games. but the others i tested froze immediately. however, i found all games to be unplayable and crashing within 30 seconds in r101, which are working in r83. so now you are admitting that you are actually not playing ANY GC games using ps3 controller on r101 without problems, and all games you tried on r101 also crashed including SC chaos theory.

Once again, if there is ANY game working for any of you that is working on r101 on Wii U using PS3 controller for any for you, I would like to know which game it is so I can test it myself. However there is no doubt that r84 broke the ps3 controller, because every single one of the games i tested not working in r101 works in r83. Therefore I am going to repeat myself: those of you who are also stuck in r83 because of this issue, please feel free to add to the thread at https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/issues/detail?id=29. that way the devs may notice that this issue is not just me and is indeed affecting a lot of people and maybe put more importance in solving it.

Those are you who are using the latest versions on Wii U without problems, which controller are you using?

Robbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is in game options. not in controler.ini

Sorry to sound like a noob but I cannot see it nintendont game options. The only settings I see are:

Cheats
Force progressive
Force widescreen
Memcard emulation
Debugger
Debugger wait
Use HID device
OSReport
Auto Boot
Maxpads
Language
Drive Read LED
Video

Which of these is the rumble option? is there some other settings somewhere that I dont know of? did you mean ingame settings? because some games do not allow you to turn of rumble from ingame.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to sound like a noob but I cannot see it nintendont game options. The only settings I see are:

Cheats
Force progressive
Force widescreen
Memcard emulation
Debugger
Debugger wait
Use HID device
OSReport
Auto Boot
Maxpads
Language
Drive Read LED
Video

Which of these is the rumble option? is there some other settings somewhere that I dont know of? did you mean ingame settings? because some games do not allow you to turn of rumble from ingame.

No no... I wanted to say, it IS in games option screen, most of time you can disable rumble. Easy: press start while you play any game, go on the option menu, disable rumble. Nothing more

Robbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No no... I wanted to say, it IS in games option screen, most of time you can disable rumble. Easy: press start while you play any game, go on the option menu, disable rumble. Nothing more

darn it, im trying to play MGS. r101 seems to crash as soon as i disable the rumble, so there is no way to go in game to check if the turning off worked. it also looks like there is no way to save the rumble settings, because i is turned on every time i boot the game. if there was a way, i could try turning it off in r83 and then going back in in r101 to see if it worked. no such luck.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
darn it, im trying to play MGS. r101 seems to crash as soon as i disable the rumble, so there is no way to go in game to check if the turning off worked. it also looks like there is no way to save the rumble settings, because i is turned on every time i boot the game. if there was a way, i could try turning it off in r83 and then going back in in r101 to see if it worked. no such luck.

I would say your best option is to stick to r83 until it's fixed; if it's really an issue with the rumble function, then the devs might be able to sort it out soon (when they have the time). Another option is to try and fix it on your own, maybe removing the PS3_rumble functions in the code if they're still there, not sure if that would work though, that's why I say it's better to wait.

Robbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes. thanks anyway. i think im going to update my thread at the official page notifying that its a rumble issue so the devs can pinpoint it more easily.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Has anyone had a chance to test out Sonic Mega Collection? Last I heard even in-game sound worked on 1.83 but has since been broken. If it's not DSP-related, does it have to do with how ipl.bin is loaded?
r78 fixed it, I imagine when all the SI related things were changed it broke again. On the latest version however using USB and going to the extras menu made the game crash in the loading screen. EDIT: The crash was a coincidence, audio is still broken. On the bright side loading times are as fast as devo.
The ipl.bin code hasn't changed afaik when it stopped working, so I don't think that's related.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r78 fixed it, I imagine when all the SI related things where changed it broke again. On the latest version however using USB and going to the extras menu made the game crash in the loading screen. Haven't tested twice though. The ipl.bin code hasn't changed afaik when it stopped working, so I don't think that's related.

I hope that eventually, it can be looked into, but I imagine there are other more important things to fix up in Nintendont before they can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0 +1