Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Progress, still more progress every days :D I can't thanks contributors to this project fairly, since awesomeness of Nintendont is constantely grewing better and stronger!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so anyone tested rogue squadron 3?

i tryed both full iso and discex and the game works fine but every 20 or so secondes if freezes for like 2 seconds and the hdd keeps making sound that is constantly loading data , its like those mini hangups like happens sometimes while saving but every 20 or so seconds i wanna make sure its not my hdd only so if anyone can try ntsc rogue squadron 3 and let me know if it does the same or not please do.

tryed
ntsc full iso 1.35 GB
ntsc discex 1.34 GB

both had this mini hangups every few seconds.

so anyone could try this on v1.83?

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
OK, I tested a few older revs to find which rev my nloader.log-corrupting-drive bug surfaced, and it appears to have been introduced in v1.66...
(Using a different HDD this time, just a 150 GB drive I had lying around, formatted to FAT32 with 32k clusters)

Using v1.65 resulted in a more perfectly normal nloader.log file, but then using v1.66 resulted in that weird broken nloader.log file I was getting with later revs, the file that only had 5 lines in it at any given time, along with Windows complaining about problems with the HDD like before. Using chkdsk to check for errors and recover lost chunks, it recovers a few more chunks (32kb in size), and sure enough, when viewing these recovered file chunks in a hex editor, each one seems to be bits if a file on my HDD, only the first kilobyte has been corrupted/overwritten by what seems to be the rest of what my nloader.log SHOULD be (so not counting the 5 lines in the ACTUAL nloader.log file, but everything after that), each recovered chunk with it's own corrupted nloader.log, for each run of nintendont that I ran before checking the HDD with my PC.

I do not know what files this is actually corrupting though, but right now I am worried that it could be corrupting anything on my HDD, and I am a bit scared that it could start to damage other things I have stored on my main HDD, like emunand, or Wii and GC save files, and other important files on there, therefore a bit scared to really continue using nintendont on my WiiU vWii for now...

I take it that regular Wii users would not have this issue, since nloader.log is sent to USB Gecko instead of FAT32 storage when run on Regular Wiis, correct?

Do any other WiiU Nintendont users or devs have this problem when running nintendont on WiiU vWii?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
OK, I tested a few older revs to find which rev my nloader.log-corrupting-drive bug surfaced, and it appears to have been introduced in v1.66...
(Using a different HDD this time, just a 150 GB drive I had lying around, formatted to FAT32 with 32k clusters)

Using v1.65 resulted in a more perfectly normal nloader.log file, but then using v1.66 resulted in that weird broken nloader.log file I was getting with later revs, the file that only had 5 lines in it at any given time, along with Windows complaining about problems with the HDD like before. Using chkdsk to check for errors and recover lost chunks, it recovers a few more chunks (32kb in size), and sure enough, when viewing these recovered file chunks in a hex editor, each one seems to be bits if a file on my HDD, only the first kilobyte has been corrupted/overwritten by what seems to be the rest of what my nloader.log SHOULD be (so not counting the 5 lines in the ACTUAL nloader.log file, but everything after that), each recovered chunk with it's own corrupted nloader.log, for each run of nintendont that I ran before checking the HDD with my PC.

I do not know what files this is actually corrupting though, but right now I am worried that it could be corrupting anything on my HDD, and I am a bit scared that it could start to damage other things I have stored on my main HDD, like emunand, or Wii and GC save files, and other important files on there, therefore a bit scared to really continue using nintendont on my WiiU vWii for now...

I take it that regular Wii users would not have this issue, since nloader.log is sent to USB Gecko instead of FAT32 storage when run on Regular Wiis, correct?

Do any other WiiU Nintendont users or devs have this problem when running nintendont on WiiU vWii?
i got that problem around 1.75 on wiiu my hdd became corrupted when a game restarted the console on nintendont and yes my nloader only has 5 lines too so i guess there is a bug somewhere.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Really? I just assumed they all use bluetooth, so wait I need to be connected to the internet in order to play with a Wii U?

P.S. Still don't own a Wii U yet, I will get one soon!

I guess (since I don't have a WiiU either) that it uses some kind of Wifi-Direct like some smartphones have now to connect with Smart TVs and other smartphones without needing a router as middleman; but even if it needed a router, it wouldn't need to be connected to the internet but only on the same lan as the wiiU.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
no you dont need internet that wuld be ridiculous lol.

Some PC games need to be connected to the internet to be played, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone made a console that needed it too... It would have to be heavily focused on multiplayer online and stuff though, so i wouldn't expect that unless it was from a very popular company that was sure to sell a lot. So, yeah, most people would be annoyed, but that doesn't mean it's impossible for such a thing to exist.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Some PC games need to be connected to the internet to be played, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone made a console that needed it too... It would have to be heavily focused on multiplayer online and stuff though, so i wouldn't expect that unless it was from a very popular company that was sure to sell a lot. So, yeah, most people would be annoyed, but that doesn't mean it's impossible for such a thing to exist.
a home conole that only worked online ... not even sony or microsoft would even try that would mean that even single player games needed to be online to play and so on you realize any company that did that would just go bankrupt? heck its like making a smartphone that only worked if you were online other wise it would be useless, no company will ever make a device that only works online for gaming, one thing is games that only work online another thing is the entire hardware itself only working online those are two big diferences.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
a home conole that only worked online ... not even sony or microsoft would even try that would mean that even single player games needed to be online to play and so on you realize any company that did that would just go bankrupt? heck its like making a smartphone that only worked if you were online other wise it would be useless, no company will ever make a device that only works online for gaming, one thing is games that only work online another thing is the entire hardware itself only working online those are two big diferences.

That's why I said it would have to be focused on multiplayer online; it's stupid to think about single player if the console were designed to require internet, because that would be a really bad decision. If it only has multiplayer games, then it would make more sense to have an internet requirement.

Even so, it's all just hypothetical and offtopic so we won't gain anything from discussing that :P As a final remark I'll just say that I don't disagree on the fact that it's very unlikely that someone will try to make such a console but if it happens, I won't be surprised.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
PLEASE! if u add bluetooth to nintendont OPEN the way for wiimote+nunchack (ok some games isn't playable very well, but some games use less button (like mariokart DD ecc) is playable with wiimote (with or without nunchack).
PLEASE!!!!
Another think.. is possible add USB Keyboard?

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You guys should be way more grateful with what you have instead you request new things left and right that take so much work to implement.
The whole Bluetooth thing is a typical the grass is greener on the other side, stop being so cheap and just get an USB 2 GC adapter they don't cost the world either.

Nintendont is open source anyone is free to contribute, can't code, well time to learn coding then what makes you think you can request that other people who spent years of their life
learning something are here to fulfil your wishes like a genie?

I'm surprised anyone is still working on this tbh ...

ALSINJAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Without demanding anything ... just information for developers:
Mario Kart GP1 does not correctly recognize the GC controller to my Wii Classic.
It worked well until the r77 included.

Reactions: OscarMDX

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
most of the special controls were broken when greyrogue added the fix for 007 games this special controls were like for collosseum, burnout 2 and so until its fixed back ppl bear with what we have you can always download the previous rev and use it just wait until compat is fixed again.

like crediar said stop demanding stuff , it will be done when its done.

Reactions: OscarMDX

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Really? I just assumed they all use bluetooth, so wait I need to be connected to the internet in order to play with a Wii U?

P.S. Still don't own a Wii U yet, I will get one soon!

Nope.
There are two wifi chips in the Wii U.
One is locked out while in Wii mode.

Also...
I don't think there is a pc gamepad emulator, so I doubt this will happen anytime soon.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My personal save has full library and all A ranks but I'm missing about half of the secret keys, does your save have all of them? It would save me time testing it.
I don't really need it though(I'm pretty much done with that game) but it would be nice to collect/have.

My cheat codes have all the keys for the levels unlocked, don't know if you want to try that one out and see if the keys are unlocked for you.

Reactions: SuperrSonic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo