Hacking Nintendont

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Play in 480i. That would be a pain for my eyes. Since I play on an HDTV. And the saves worked for you that way? Ill try without progressive if thats the only way by now. Thanks. :yaysp:

Really doesn't look that much worse to be honest, I don't notice a huge difference between 480i and 480p with component cables for GCN games.

Reactions: Michierusama

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant seem to get memory card emulation to work. Is it a setting within Nintendont or USB Loader GX? Also, when I load a GC game from USB Loader GX, is the .dol file supposed to automatically start or do i still need to navigate within the Nintendont menu?

demi_du

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Even if I turn off the force progressive mode it would ask me if I want to put it in progressive mode :S So, it is going to freeze.
i think it's not about the progressive mode, just when nmm emulation is enable the game will freeze , but i can still play the game without nmm emulation and without saving :sad:

zombieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant seem to get memory card emulation to work. Is it a setting within Nintendont or USB Loader GX? Also, when I load a GC game from USB Loader GX, is the .dol file supposed to automatically start or do i still need to navigate within the Nintendont menu?

in nintendont after you select sd or usb press B to go to settings then turn on memory card emulation after your done with the settings press B again then select your game

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for the ridiculously stupid question, but I cannot for the life of me figure it out:

The compatibility list states that Skies of Arcadia Legends works almost under Nintendon't version 1.50, including sound. Under the latest revision, however, I've experienced extremely severe issues with audio synchronization during battles, so I'd like to try playing the game with version 1.50 specifically, to see if the issues are still present. The problem is, I'm not sure how to download a specific version.

The first page says:
https://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/svn-history/r7/trunk/loader/loader.dol
(For many other versions you want, just change ^ here where it says "r7" to some other version number.)

But changing "r7" to "v1.50", "1.50", "150", or "v150" doesn't work. I'm guessing I need to use the revision number rather than the version number, but I don't know which revision "v1.50" corresponds to. What am I missing? Thanks!

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for the ridiculously stupid question, but I cannot for the life of me figure it out:

The compatibility list states that Skies of Arcadia Legends works almost under Nintendon't version 1.50, including sound. Under the latest revision, however, I've experienced extremely severe issues with audio synchronization during battles, so I'd like to try playing the game with version 1.50 specifically, to see if the issues are still present. The problem is, I'm not sure how to download a specific version.

The first page says:

But changing "r7" to "v1.50", "1.50", "150", or "v150" doesn't work. I'm guessing I need to use the revision number rather than the version number, but I don't know which revision "v1.50" corresponds to. What am I missing? Thanks!

r50

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*facepalm* I knew it was going to be something really stupid like that. Thanks a ton julialy, I've actually been banging my head against the wall trying to figure that out for the past two days.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really doesn't look that much worse to be honest, I don't notice a huge difference between 480i and 480p with component cables for GCN games.
Yeah, the real difference is noticeable during movement. Things that involve fast movement of objects definitely benefit from progressive scan. For Baten Kaitos, though, from what I've played, the lack of progressive scan hasn't really been noticeable. And using the component cables, I still get the bonus of the better colors.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the real difference is noticeable during movement. Things that involve fast movement of objects definitely benefit from progressive scan. For Baten Kaitos, though, from what I've played, the lack of progressive scan hasn't really been noticeable. And using the component cables, I still get the bonus of the better colors.

Precisely, component in and of itself will always look good with the games, as Gamecube component cables are very rare and expensive, so on the Wii/Wii U, it's a good solution for the problem, and I don't think all games will work well when progressive scan is force-enabled.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
added last working to burnout 2. If any of the devs can fix this then it can be marked as green since r27 fixed the controls.

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The first page says:

https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/list

Here's a list of all the revisions history, can't download compiled DOL's, using your link you can replace "7" by whatever revision you want.

Hope it helps

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added the "Last working version" column.
Update it at the same time as the "Version" column when you test a working game.

hooray-Im-helping-zoidberg.jpeg

Reactions: TarkinMX

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gauntlet Dark Legacy EUR freezes on startup
Gauntlet Dark Legacy NTSC MCemu does not work on 1.52, will try 1.47 as it states it does work

EDIT: 1.47 MCemu doesn't work for Gauntlet, wiki is wrong

Gauntlet dark legacy NTSC-U is working perfect with memory card emulation for me on 1.52, Must be a problem on your end.

Basic84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I can say that my problem with nintendont goes beyond a simple problem because nintendont still isn't picking up my controller settings file no matter what I do. I might just have to wait for later revisions to solve the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4