Hacking Nintendont

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Does the gamecube bios file actualy work?

I put the font file onto the root of my usb, and now the text appears in starfox assault, but i still get nothinh after selecting progressive mode.

Also, i have indvidual "cache.txt" in each of my games folders, is that all i need to do with those files?

Not sure if you read the other posts already (they would have solved your doubts) but anyways, I'll give you a quick reply.

It's not just having the cache.txt , you have to figure out which files in the ISO are most likely to be loaded often or at times where you feel the game is getting slow, then you add the filenames to the txt (220 max) and while you're playing nintendont will read it and cache those files to speed up some things.

I don't remember anyone saying that Starfox Assault worked now, only that the font_ansi.bin or ipl.bin in the root would fix the font in the game

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use that file (located in the same folder than the game.iso), to tell the game to preload files and keep them in RAM.
it speeds the game's loading while you play.

The cache.txt need to be created specifically for each games. currently only Smash Bros US v1.02 has one.
To create one, you list the filenames of the game's files that you want to cache (one file per line, up to 220 lines)
here is an example : http://crediar.no-ip.com/ssbmc.zip

Best result would be achieved by caching small files (to prevent seeking).

If you get read errors while using the cache.txt file, your device is too slow.
Use a faster one, or try to format with bigger cluster size (up to 64k/cluster).
If i get read errors while using the cache.txt file, my device is low.
I'll format 64k/cluster, if i still getting error, i think i'm unable to use file caching...

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does anyone know if the latest updates and IPL/Fonts/Cache.txt files that have been implemented lately make some of the games that emulate roms work properly?
Like Zelda Master Quest, Sonic Gems/Mega Collection, Zelda Collector's Edition, Megaman Anniversary Collection, etc?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Probably a stupid question: Are the DSI Exceptions, that occur when loading nintendont from USB Loader GX/WiiFLow, fixed by now?

Yes, and no.
The only DSI code dumps I had when running this from a USB Loader was when the drive was hidden by UStealth.
I posted a UStealth fixed version a few pages back and how to fix that but, so far, the official versions, to my knowledge, are still not fixed in that regard.

If you want, here's the fixed DOL I had posted.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/p3i4pvi4pkmt72b/boot.dol

That's a few versions ago, though (something like v1.25 IIRC) but newer versions can also be fixed by just taking the Wii libfat.a file from this
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9d1ffxo16kc1gmq/libfatmod.zip
and replace the existing one in devkitpro and recompiling.

Reactions: pedrobarca

cheatman3005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to try and play NFS Most Wanted again with r31, I decided to pass the into video of the game, which last time crash on me. ANd not it freezes at the titls screen of the game. No press start to the main menu. I did this without MC Emu since MC Emu On crashes at logo startup.

I did try and play Sonic Gems Collection without MC Emu as well, just in case MC Emu crashes here too, and I get black screen when I pick any game. r29 gave me an Disc Error Screen, which was odd. I guess my rip copy of my retail disc was a bit scratchy. I may have to try a download copy online to make sure. :(

Terminator 3: Redemption. Still works, but cutscenes are still going a bit fast then normal.

NBA Streeet V3. Still crashing like you usually does. :P

I do know the rest of my games work fine. Trying to play Triforce game, like Mario Kart GP 2, may work on my end even with font_ansi.bin on the root of both SD/USB.

demiand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I try the Starfox Adventure (USA) in the r31. The voices are missed, it crash when you let it run the cinematics including the start one, I didnt let the intro cinematic run and I could play the first little part when you attack the flying ship. when I defeat the ship it load the cinema and crash :cry:

Reactions: Antonio Ricardo

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've seen quite a few posts saying that Starfox Adventure doesn't work, but It's green in the compatibility list.. Did it work at some point or someone made a mistake there?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen quite a few posts saying that Starfox Adventure doesn't work, but It's green in the compatibility list.. Did it work at since point or someone made a mistake there?

Test each revision until you find the one that broke it.

SD here, it broke Super Mario Sunshine (random freezes), but still works fine with r30

That's never good. I hope fix94 looks into it since that's his revision.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, can someone edit the first post? Badablek didn't do the Wii WAD forwarder version, It was made by me, only it wasn't working, so I wanted to fix it, but Badablek didn't ask me to fix it, so please, change the "Made by Badablek" to "Made by Goku Junior, Fixed by Badablek", In case if somebody thinks I'm lying.
Thanks!
Cyan

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Test each revision until you find the one that broke it.

I don't have the game, otherwise I'd be testing it already. I'm just saying that there are too many people reporting it doesn't work but it's green in the list, so i waved to be sure it wasn't an error in the list.

anyways, demiand can you test the game with version 1.26 and see if it works? That's the version said to work in the list.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, can someone edit the first post? Badablek didn't do the Wii WAD forwarder version, It was made by me, only it wasn't working, so I wanted to fix it, but Badablek didn't ask me to fix it, so please, change the "Made by Badablek" to "Made by Goku Junior, Fixed by Badablek", In case if somebody thinks I'm lying.
Thanks!
Cyan

really ?? looking for credit for converting a wad (from vWii to Wii) ...that joostinonline helped pepois make and you failed to do correctly so was fixed by badablek ??

"give me credit for my failed attempt at converting a wad other people did!" hahahahahaha

Reactions: Badablek

demiand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't have the game, otherwise I'd be testing it already. I'm just saying that there are too many people reporting it doesn't work but it's green in the list, so i waved to be sure it wasn't an error in the list.

anyways, demiand can you test the game with version 1.26 and see if it works? That's the version said to work in the list.

faku, i tested r26 its work fine thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__