Hacking Nintendont

marck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An old Wii with GC ports then? If possible run a syscheck and post it in a spoiler. I assume you already looked up the games you're testing in the compatibility list to see if they're supposed to work. And you're using a compatible controller, with HID enabled on the app settings, right? Also you should be using 1:1 ripped isos to play as Adeka suggested.

If all of that is said and done, then i'll just stick with my previous conclusion: your wii isn't compatible, and if it has Hollywood v0x21 in your syscheck then it would be yet another hint to that being the cause.

i ran syscheck and I have Hollywood v0x21 T.T i never thought i see the day that happened
this blows

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, don't get all depressed. It hasn't been confirmed that the hollywood version is responsible for the error, but seeing that nintendont so far hasn't worked for you then it's safe to assume that you'll have to wait until a revision works. So keep waiting and following the development, just don't post if nothing has changed from one revision to the next.

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, try using composite instead of component cables.. it's just the video that's the problem, right?
No, it's not simply a matter of using the wrong cables, it's the fact that his Wii has a newer GPU revision which happens to be unsupported.

i ran syscheck and I have Hollywood v0x21 T.T i never thought i see the day that happened
this blows

No, it doesn't blow, you got a Wii to use it as a Wii, nothing more. All this homebrew stuff is just an added bonus, you are not entitled to it with the purchase of a Wii.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I agree with gamer765 on both regards, I'm using composite cables because those were the ones that came with the wii and it doesn't work; and also in the fact that a Wii is for Wii games, we can easily play GC games on a PC with Dolphin, as emulation has come a really long way to be as good as it is. Moreover, if marck's wii is not a family edition, since he says it has GC ports, it should also support the GC disks so it's not such a bad situation.

However, it seems there's something i can't make clear at all after many posts... the Hollywood revision might be the prime suspect because of the outstanding coincidence that makes it appear on every console that doesn't work, BUT there's no solid proof that it's the culprit at all. Apparently WiiU's also use that revision and they work anyways, so it's up to someone with the time, the will and the knowledge to investigate that matter. Those like me who can't really help on that must simply wait and be thankful there's still the hope that it might someday work.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
What i don't understand is the Hollywood version of all Wii U should be
also v0x21 but they work no problem.

Not sure if the "loading kernel error -1" issue is really something to do with Hollywood
version.

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually wasn't there originally going to be separate versions of Nintendont for the Wii and Wii U? I'm assuming they have Nintendont do one thing when it detects the Wii U and another on a Wii. I'm just taking a wild guess since I haven't looked at the code, but I'm not upset about not being able to use Nintendont. I'll just watch from the sidelines.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I lack the knowledge to actually dive into the code and look at it objectively, but I'm sure the app has some way to find out which console is being used. When you load it, in the upper side you can read Wii or WiiU (you can compare the previous screenshots or Adeka's videos) so it must identify it in some place, but I can't say for sure that it works differently for one or the other aside from the fact that WiiU won't load if you don't have a controller connected (I think this doesn't apply on Wii, but i can't test it)

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's not simply a matter of using the wrong cables, it's the fact that his Wii has a newer GPU revision which happens to be unsupported.

No, it doesn't blow, you got a Wii to use it as a Wii, nothing more. All this homebrew stuff is just an added bonus, you are not entitled to it with the purchase of a Wii.

He can be disappointed if he wants. Its a little sad to see this amazing product that can work on many Wiis and Wii Us, but then to find out you have the one variation of the Wii that doesn't play it. I'd be a little bummed out too, and I'd feel justified in saying it blows. My Wii plays Wii games, but it also plays so much more than that because its so easy to hack and over the years I've probably used it far more often to do other games and applications over playing Wii games.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Will it be eventually possible for USB controllers to be connected to the front USB connectors of the Wii U? I don't know if we've yet found a way to access those ports in vWii, have we? (I've never even tested connecting a usb mic or the like in the front).
I wonder if someone tested the front ports with Devolution too, if yes, maybe that can be re engineerd..

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if someone tested the front ports with Devolution too, if yes, maybe that can be re engineerd..

I posted a question about the front USB ports on Google Code, OverjoY said it's possible, but he himself doesn't have a Wii U to test, but stated it shouldn't be super difficult to implement.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I posted a question about the front USB ports on Google Code, OverjoY said it's possible, but he himself doesn't have a Wii U to test, but stated it shouldn't be super difficult to implement.
Well, you missed the discussion on IRC then, this is not going to be that easy it seems, accessing the ports is possibble, releasing the ports is the problem.
Overjoy got his hands on a vWii IOS56 but it's not sure yet if that is enough to get the required information.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r50 is up.
The intent is to test the theory of the -1 error being hollywood related.
The multiline error message "KERNEL FAILED TO LOAD! Shutting down\n" was changed to only display on wiis with hollywood rev 0x21. If anyone sees the message and Nintendont works we know the problem isnt hollywood related. If people dont see the message and still get the -1 error we know eather their are more that 2 versions of hollywood or the problem isnt hollywood related.

Anyone running r50 and sees the message stay on the screen post it here.
Anyone running r50 and sees the message flash on the screen with something other than the -1 code post it here.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I just tested the new r50, before I couldn't see any kind of error, but this time I managed to catch a glimpse of the errors being displayed before the screen got blue and I lost video signal.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you missed the discussion on IRC then, this is not going to be that easy it seems, accessing the ports is possibble, releasing the ports is the problem.
Overjoy got his hands on a vWii IOS56 but it's not sure yet if that is enough to get the required information.

I stand corrected, I haven't been on the IRC lately, like, at all.

I hope this app could had more compatibility in the future, cause it's practically null atm...

Uh, that's the idea, compat will be like this for some time I'm sure.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody answered my questions. :(

Is memory card support still not working? Whenever I start a game it says that the device in slot A is not a memory card. And I can't save.

Was anybody able to get USB loading working with the Wii U pro controller and mayflash adapter? Whenever I try, it gets stuck on "Init HID device. But it works fine when I load games from an SD memory card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...