Hacking Nintendont

marck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea thats the error i got the kernal failed to load!shutting down but it didnt stay their for a couple of seconds?? i didnt get loading apploader or loading main.dol

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea thats the error i got the kernal failed to load!shutting down i didnt get loading apploader or loading main.dol
i had "kernel failed to load! shutting down" and i get "apploader OK" "loading main.dol" and ready to play! :yayps3:

but, still wait for another revision...

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
First video is just r49 booting. Funny at first but I think this should be addressed. It makes tracking down problems near impossible for us.

From what I saw in r48 changes, that would mean that the loader always starts at -1; and the sleep(10) is the reason it gets stuck there for a while before loading the rest. They should change it to check if it ever reaches 0 instead (I guess, that would actually mean it never got past the -1)

yea thats the error i got the kernal failed to load!shutting down but it didnt stay their for a couple of seconds?? i didnt get loading apploader or loading main.dol

You still haven't said if your wii has GC ports or not.. If it doesn't then it's not compatible with nintendont yet and so its kinda pointless that you keep worrying about what others get. Sorry if it sounds harsh on my part.

i dunno how i can reply both persons in one post :c

Simply click on Reply for each person you want to reply to, then you can copy that quote, and edit your previous post.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dunno how i can reply both persons in one post :c

Just click reply to the next person you want to reply to after you write your comment. Don't post reply until you reply to everyone you want. Less posts is better

Inbox me if you have a question. This is a Nintendont thread. Not a how to reply thread lol

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Isn't there a way to read the config file created by nintendont and see what it includes? I've noted that the settings i choose are reset everytime, normally i'd guess it's due to the crash, but then i think the file should have already been modified before i even load the games.

Also, maybe the thing with the language is that it simply uses the system language? the change made in r49 is a single line so I don't know how it should reflect on the app; it could simply be a minimal change to prepare for when it's actually included as a setting.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah, every rev so far has had the settings reset everytime i open the app, that's why I thought it was due to the video signal error and me powering off the wii.

Actually, I think the settings didn't change once today when i first tried loading nintendont from the SD and then loaded it from the HDD, maybe it loads the file from the same device it's been launched, and since it won't create the nincfg.bin in the SD but only the HDD, that would explain why it can't load the settings. It's not really important at the moment though, I was just curious about the file because of the "missing" language selector.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
An old Wii with GC ports then? If possible run a syscheck and post it in a spoiler. I assume you already looked up the games you're testing in the compatibility list to see if they're supposed to work. And you're using a compatible controller, with HID enabled on the app settings, right? Also you should be using 1:1 ripped isos to play as Adeka suggested.

If all of that is said and done, then i'll just stick with my previous conclusion: your wii isn't compatible, and if it has Hollywood v0x21 in your syscheck then it would be yet another hint to that being the cause.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it be eventually possible for USB controllers to be connected to the front USB connectors of the Wii U? This does become an issue for me, because my hard drive doesn't like to load properly in my Wii U when connected to only one port, so I have to use a Y cable and connect to 2 ports. The y cable is short though, so there is no way to connect one to the front and one to the back, in order to use Nintendont, I literally, have to connect one USB port of the Wii U, and then the other into another USB port of a different device (I just connected it to a USB to AC adapter. It becomes a mess. Thing is, I know that since we're playing through the vWii, I don't know if we've yet found a way to access those ports in vWii, have we? (I've never even tested connecting a usb mic or the like in the front).

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it be eventually possible for USB controllers to be connected to the front USB connectors of the Wii U? This does become an issue for me, because my hard drive doesn't like to load properly in my Wii U when connected to only one port, so I have to use a Y cable and connect to 2 ports. The y cable is short though, so there is no way to connect one to the front and one to the back, in order to use Nintendont, I literally, have to connect one USB port of the Wii U, and then the other into another USB port of a different device (I just connected it to a USB to AC adapter. It becomes a mess. Thing is, I know that since we're playing through the vWii, I don't know if we've yet found a way to access those ports in vWii, have we? (I've never even tested connecting a usb mic or the like in the front).

You can use the front left spot if you have the games located on your sd card

Farowe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

At current developing rate i find hard to believe that we will see that being fixed in the short term; however (wishfully thinking here), judging by the general interest and current developer´s commitment, im confident that sooner or later we will see that being enabled again; im also crossing fingers for bluetooth and ntfs drive support. But first thing firsts, priority #1 is general game compatibility, then, hopefully, general peripheral support will be the main issue to solve.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At current developing rate i find hard to believe that we will see that being fixed in the short term; however (wishfully thinking here), judging by the general interest and current developer´s commitment, im confident that sooner or later we will see that being enabled again; im also crossing fingers for bluetooth and ntfs drive support. But first thing firsts, priority #1 is dsp and general game compatibility, then, hopefully, general peripheral support will be the main issue to solve.

dsp has been fixed since r39.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

usb mic works using back bottom usb port on wiiU.
usb to ac plug is a good idea too , i have it handy too since it come with my phone and the phone needs charging nightly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...