Hacking Nintendont

Qeality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I made a controller.ini file for a third party GameCube Controller adapter that I bought (Model GL-S025). I hope it helps to someone who has the exact same adapter. The slider needs to be on PC for it to work with Nintendont.
Hello, I just bought a GameCube adapter that seems to be different from yours. The model I have is WH-046 from Amazon. I have an authentic GC controller and I can’t get it to work. I saw this post and would like to try the .ini file you shared but don’t know where to place it. Do I create a control folder on the root of the Front SD card and place it there?
Post automatically merged:

Hello, I just bought a GameCube adapter that seems to be different from yours. The model I have is WH-046 from Amazon. I have an authentic GC controller and I can’t get it to work. I saw this post and would like to try the .ini file you shared but don’t know where to place it. Do I create a control folder on the root of the Front SD card and place it there?
this .ini file worked for me. I created a controllers folder on the root of the SD and placed the .ini file there and now my adapter and control works. Thank you so much!

Last edited by Qeality,

invisiblek1d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I’ll explain my question:

Half of the games on my Wii U are injected GameCube games. My real hope was to play Mario Party with the family, but since it’s in vwii mode and injected, problems with the controllers start.

My GameCube adapter died, so if I play with the GamePad, I only have one more controller: the Pro Controller. No Wiimotes. My goal is to play with 4 players.

If I play without the GamePad: Wiimotes don’t work either, nor does the GamePad.

Any ideas? My hope lasted for 5 minutes when I discovered bloopair existed, but it doesn’t work on vwii.

Honestly, if there weren’t a distinction between Wii U and vwii, it would be the perfect console.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello, I’ll explain my question:

Half of the games on my Wii U are injected GameCube games. My real hope was to play Mario Party with the family, but since it’s in vwii mode and injected, problems with the controllers start.

My GameCube adapter died, so if I play with the GamePad, I only have one more controller: the Pro Controller. No Wiimotes. My goal is to play with 4 players.

If I play without the GamePad: Wiimotes don’t work either, nor does the GamePad.

Any ideas? My hope lasted for 5 minutes when I discovered bloopair existed, but it doesn’t work on vwii.

Honestly, if there weren’t a distinction between Wii U and vwii, it would be the perfect console.
how do you want to play with 4 players with 2 controllers?...

wiimote alone is not a valid controller for nintendont, it needs an extension, just buy a new gc controller adapter its the awser or more controllers...

Reactions: invisiblek1d

invisiblek1d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is there any way to emulate the microphone? I have an original one, but of course, the Wii U doesn't have a memory card slot... Is there a possibility to use another microphone through USB?

Mario Party 7 isn't as fun without the microphone

Qeality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Nitendont capable of renaming games to the correct name that I’ve injected? The games I injected are named incorrectly.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is Nitendont capable of renaming games to the correct name that I’ve injected? The games I injected are named incorrectly.
if you mean the names on the wiiu menu? then no... nintendont cant rename stuff on the wiiu menu because nintendont is not running until you enter wiimode...

pikangs

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In Metal Gear Solid (non-Twin Snakes and Twin Snakes) there is actually a 3rd way to defeat Mantis, here's the deal, Mantis can dodge 7 attacks in a row, however the 8th attack will always connect and then it dodges another 7 attacks before you can deal damage to him, for example: if you have ammo to spare, you can fire 7 times to Mantis and the 8th will do damage, otherwise try to punch him 7 times and on the 8th use whatever weapon you want like the M9 or a punch (which is not a good idea due to the very low damage you do) for the stamina or the Socom for the lethal life bar, and yes, that 3rd way also works in the original Ps1 release, keep in mind that this 3rd way is very time consuming overall and very unreliable on either Hard or Extreme difficulty as is very unlikely you have a Ration or two to take the luxury of tanking a hit or two.

Reactions: Qeality

RickySimon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is anyone else having issues using a DualSense controller? Launching any injected games from the Wii U with the DualSense plugged in causes the system to freeze and I'm forced to pull the power to turn the WIi U off.

I have only been able to get it to partially work - if I create a controller.ini on the root of the sd card identical to controller_ps5.ini, then I can launch an injected game with the controller unplugged and then plug it in after it launches and it will work.

Tested a DS4 controller and it does not have this issue. Seems like something is going on with the config but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Last edited by RickySimon,

Glomgold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, I made a controller.ini file for a third party GameCube Controller adapter that I bought (Model GL-S025). I hope it helps to someone who has the exact same adapter. The slider needs to be on PC for it to work with Nintendont.
Hi, how did you go about creating the .ini file?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-controller-configurations.355035/#post-4782346

Did you follow the guide in the first post?

Thank you for answer.

The PS1 controller can be added to the supported controllers list. Long story short, I can now play Gamecube games with my PS1 controller with adapter (0810_0001), corresponding config file renamed to controller.ini and placed on the root of my SD card.

Last edited by Glomgold,

Qeality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, how did you go about creating the .ini file?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-controller-configurations.355035/#post-4782346

Did you follow the guide in the first post?

Thank you for answer.

The PS1 controller can be added to the supported controllers list. Long story short, I can now play Gamecube games with my PS1 controller with adapter (0810_0001), corresponding config file renamed to controller.ini and placed on the root of my SD card.
Just curious, why do you play GC games with PS1 controller?

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey guys, I've made a fork of Nintendont with support for Compressed ISO in the JSO format.

We need as many testers as possible to have an idea of compression ratios and compatibility.

You can find a build here: https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/pull/1141

I'm not sure if I should open a new thread to prevent this one from getting too off-topic. I'll do that if it's considered necessary.

PikachuPrincess23

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can't seem to use cheats on Nintendont since when I use home button on Wii U gamepad, game close and get back to home menu.

I'm using Tiramisu and I have enabled cheats.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I can't seem to use cheats on Nintendont since when I use home button on Wii U gamepad, game close and get back to home menu.

I'm using Tiramisu and I have enabled cheats.
you cant use cheats on nintendont like that lol nintendont doesnt run in wiiu mode therefore there is no tiramisu running on the background to do anything, once you pres a nintendont app you are in wii mode, so no wiiu hacks will work.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've made a fork of Nintendont with support for Compressed ISO in the JSO format.

We need as many testers as possible to have an idea of compression ratios and compatibility.

You can find a build here: https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/pull/1141

I'm not sure if I should open a new thread to prevent this one from getting too off-topic. I'll do that if it's considered necessary.

When using the compressor (GUI version) what compression level do you recommend?

Last edited by _47iscool,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s