Hacking Nintendont

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh. Updating the usbloader gx still didn't work. I'm using usbloader gx 1233 and nintendont 2.234. When I try to load games from nintendont on usbloader, I get an error that says this version of nintendont does not support game loading from usb. But when I try to load games from the nintendont loader, it works just fine. What's going on? Is there a fix for this?

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one seems to read my posts here but in reference to the Wii U adapter I only get missed inputs and buttons getting stuck when I use USB. When I use SD card it works perfectly fine.
from a developers point of view your posts are useless. You dont list what version of nintendont you are having a problem with. In the 7 hours prior to the post I am quoting their were 2 releases that would directly effect your issue. Without knowing what version your running we have no idea if the problem is fixed and your still running an old vrersion or the problem still exists. You didnt list the version with your post prior to this one reporting a similar issue and their were also several releases imediatly prior to your post that could have affected your issue.

Reactions: ccfman2004

DrewDrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from a developers point of view your posts are useless. You dont list what version of nintendont you are having a problem with. In the 7 hours prior to the post I am quoting their were 2 releases that would directly effect your issue. Without knowing what version your running we have no idea if the problem is fixed and your still running an old vrersion or the problem still exists. You didnt list the version with your post prior to this one reporting a similar issue and their were also several releases imediatly prior to your post that could have affected your issue.

Gotcha, duly noted. I'll try and be more specific in the future.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I read a few pages back that Luigi's Mansion NTSC still crashes, I tested it earlier today with the latest version (r2.236) and it worked fine, I only played for like half an hour though, I use real memory card btw and no wide screen.

On a side note, Sonic Adventure Alpha [RELSAB] works again, the final version [GXSE8P] (clean 1:1) still crashes at the Chao Race (black screen this time) but works fine if you enable native controls, Sonic Riders [GXEE8P] (clean 1:1) still crashes at the story mode after the third level in Heroes mode, Sonic Mega Collection [GSOE8P] (compressed) works fine, however after some time of playing though you notice a big delay with the sound though there's no noise, I noticed if you open the Z menu and scroll up and down then go back to the game the sound syncs again most of the times, the proto version [GSOE8P] (compressed) still has sound issues though with games having no sound and others having noises but whatever, anyway glad I waited a little bit as I needed a break from all that drama, now Nintendont works fine again, hopefully we'll see more greens soon *cough*Sonic Riders

Edit: added more details like game ID and compression/no compression.

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read a few pages back that Luigi's Mansion NTSC still crashes, I tested it earlier today with the latest version (r2.236) and it worked fine, I only played for like half an hour though, I use real memory card btw and no wide screen.

On a side note, Sonic Adventure Alpha [RELSAB] works again, the final version [GXSE8P] (clean 1:1) still crashes at the Chao Race (black screen this time) but works fine if you enable native controls, Sonic Riders [GXEE8P] (clean 1:1) still crashes at the story mode after the third level in Heroes mode, Sonic Mega Collection [GSOE8P] (compressed) works fine, however after some time of playing though you notice a big delay with the sound though there's no noise, I noticed if you open the Z menu and scroll up and down then go back to the game the sound syncs again most of the times, the proto version [GSOE8P] (compressed) still has sound issues though with games having no sound and others having noises but whatever, anyway glad I waited a little bit as I needed a break from all that drama, now Nintendont works fine again, hopefully we'll see more greens soon *cough*Sonic Riders

Edit: added more details like game ID and compression/no compression.

Luigi's Mansion NTSC only crashes if you enable widescreen, otherwise it works perfectly

Reactions: sonictopfan

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure if this has been "reported" yet, but I tried using the DK Bongos with Donkey Konga, which didn't work. It got recognized as a normal controller and just kept pressing left.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need to provide more information.
Wii or wiiU?
Official Gamecube port or using an USB adapter?
Nativecontrol ON or OFF?

It's a known issue that the bongo is not working with the WiiU Gamecube controller adapter. (it's listed on the first post)

Sigh. Updating the usbloader gx still didn't work. I'm using usbloader gx 1233 and nintendont 2.234. When I try to load games from nintendont on usbloader, I get an error that says this version of nintendont does not support game loading from usb. But when I try to load games from the nintendont loader, it works just fine. What's going on? Is there a fix for this?
I just tested it myself :
USBGX : 1233 (really 1233, not "thinking it is, but it's actually 1231" GO LOOK IN YOUR CREDIT PAGE). I will add the version in the boot screen on next release.
Nintendont : 2.236

Works fine.

An issue (never reported I think).
In FZeroGX (NTSCU), when setting widescreen setting in nintendont, the car's selection screen is always messed up.
The background is fine, but the cars are not above their corresponding location. the car's layout is not affected by widescreen. (or vice/versa)

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to provide more information.
Wii or wiiU?
Official Gamecube port or using an USB adapter?
Nativecontrol ON or OFF?

It's a known issue that the bongo is not working with the WiiU Gamecube controller adapter. (it's listed on the first post)

I just tested it myself :
USBGX : 1233 (really 1233, not "thinking it is, but it's actually 1231" GO LOOK IN YOUR CREDIT PAGE). I will add the version in the boot screen on next release.
Nintendont : 2.236

Works fine.

An issue (never reported I think).
In FZeroGX (NTSCU), when setting widescreen setting in nintendont, the car's selection screen is always messed up.
The background is fine, but the cars are not above their corresponding location. the car's layout is not affected by widescreen. (or vice/versa)

doesnt FZero GX have native widescreen support? there is no need to enable it in Nintendont

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, FzeroGX has native widescreen support.
that's probably why it conflict with the patch (it unpatch the background only, not the cars).
If games have "multiple layers" and that the patch is not affecting all of them, I thought it might be useful to check how this game is doing it in case it could fix other games.
If it's unnecessary work, don't spend time on it.

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To the people still having problems with luigis mansion check this out:
-added proper luigis mansion widescreen patch for all regions to solve random crashes with the default one
it seems like this fixed the issue, played for 15 min and no random crashes (crashes always happened within 5 minutes of gameplay)

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sad part is is it is probably very simple to fix but I cant find someone with the adapter, bongos, and the ability to give me the data from hid test to fix them.

When your are updating the first post
native controls are not needed for bongos (unless it broke againand no one reported it)
Native controls has nothing to do with microphones. (they plug into the memory card slot)

Reactions: Jockel and Cyan

nosignaldetected

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't see this mentioned anywhere - can I use two HID devices at once? I already have a trio linker plus v1, would I be able to plug in another supported adapter, such as this Mayflash Magic Joy Box adapter and use that at the same time for multiplayer? Or is nintendont limited to just one HID device at a time?

edit: never mind, it says in the original post Multiplayer support with USB-HID controllers is not possible using multiple ports (multi-tap is possible from a single USB Port)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's only one USB port, but you can have multiplayer using a multiplayer HID adapter.
for example WiiU Gamecube controllers adapter allows 4 players.
PS2 USB Adapter allows 2 players.

nosignaldetected

Trophies
XP
Country
it's only one USB port, but you can have multiplayer using a multiplayer HID adapter.
for example WiiU Gamecube controllers adapter allows 4 players.
PS2 USB Adapter allows 2 players.

that sounds cool

just trying to work out an option now that the gamecube adapter is unattainable. my trio linker is good but does not have analog trigger support. I may buy a mayflash joy box as thats supported and has rumble and analog trigger support.

hoping someone like mayflash makes a third party clone of the nintendo wii u gamecube adapter

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This controller is wireless and HID compatible

It's got this strange problem that when I press buttons in HIDtest it looks like it's trying to treat everything I press as an analog button. One offset changes normally but another offset scrambles around with random numbers so fast I can't even read it.

Just want to ask Howard if that will effect anything before I try to attempt a controller.ini for it

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This controller is wireless and HID compatible

It's got this strange problem that when I press buttons in HIDtest it looks like it's trying to treat everything I press as an analog button. One offset changes normally but another offset scrambles around with random numbers so fast I can't even read it.

Just want to ask Howard if that will effect anything before I try to attempt a controller.ini for it
Thats normal on a ps3 controller most of the buttons are preassure sensitive.
make the config based on the numbers that change normally.

Reactions: Adeka

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To the people still having problems with luigis mansion check this out:
-added proper luigis mansion widescreen patch for all regions to solve random crashes with the default one

Woohoo thanks so much! Memory Card Emulation for the PAL mode is working with 2.237 now! :D

You guys rock!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate...