Hacking Nintendont

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About StarFox Adventures subtitles, the last Dolphin emu rev (4.0 4441) show them.

Maybe someone could take a look at it.
There's a note about the subtitles in the latest Dolphin blog post:
Dolphin Blog said:
By adding a slight delay (~0.067ms) to many of the miscellaneous DVD commands, there've already been a few reported changes in behavior. The troublesome subtitles in Starfox Adventures finally show up again and Sonic Riders no longer needs "Fast Disc Speed" timings to avoid a crash.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
The sad part is is it is probably very simple to fix but I cant find someone with the adapter, bongos, and the ability to give me the data from hid test to fix them.

I have both an adapter and the bongos just been to crazy busy to fux with it. I'm available late night though to mess with it. I'll PM u the first chance I get so u can let me know what u need from me.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a note about the subtitles in the latest Dolphin blog post:

By adding a slight delay (~0.067ms) to many of the miscellaneous DVD commands, there've already been a few reported changes in behavior. The troublesome subtitles in Starfox Adventures finally show up again and Sonic Riders no longer needs "Fast Disc Speed" timings to avoid a crash.

Interestingly enough the sonic riders crash happens at the same point in Nintendont too.

Reactions: sonictopfan

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't notice anyone reporting this yet but Agent Under Fire (U) on vWii/r237 freezes with Widescreen enabled.

This means this is the second game confirmed to freeze with widescreen.
Luigi's Mansion has been fixed.

Maybe should we test all games one by one with widescreen patch to see which one are affected?

Hinx

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This means this is the second game confirmed to freeze with widescreen.
Luigi's Mansion has been fixed.

Maybe should we test all games one by one with widescreen patch to see which one are affected?

Ok, Timesplitters 2 (NTSC) now freeze after 3 min of gameplay with last revision and widescreen enable (WiiU). Never happened before (r214 I think)

SwedishGojira

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blog.svalas.net
XP
Country
I can not understand all the users being surprised that the games crash when you use the widescreen code. You are after all messing with the code and how the game works! By having it widescreen the game has to render more visible area and thus use more memory than originally intended. In some of the more graphically intense games this might actually be too much to handle, especially as the original coding does not take this in consideration.
I say you should test all games not using the widescreen mode, as the game is meant to be played, for the compatibility list.

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last rev hangs in Init USB/SD Device.

V2.237
Wii Family
USB HP 32gb Fat32 64kb cluster.

Edit: Same setup works with rev v2.227

Attachments

• WP_20141204_001.jpg
    WP_20141204_001.jpg
    534.8 KB · Views: 235

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First and foremost I wanted to say how big of a fan I am of Nintendont. Its allowed me to play Sunshine for the first time.

Anyways my question is this: will it be possible for Nintendont, down the road, to be bundled with cheats? For instance when you buy a DS flashcart and load a game, the flashcart comes pre installed with cheats to choose from. It would be great if a select few Gamecube games could have this feature for Nintendont as well. Mind you I know the odds of this occurring are slim to none, just thought I'd throw my two cents out there for a possible new feature.

myrongaines

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX,
Don't know if this has been pointed out before, sorry if it has. I updated from 2.194 to 2.236 and noticed a regular frame freeze pattern in Megaman X Collection, I think other games do it too but it's just much less noticeable; I looked through the changes since the last version and saw the

"-when playing from usb, let the drive read a random sector every 10 seconds to stay alive"

On version 2.215. The frame freezes happen to be accompanied by a single blink in the hard drive usage light, changing the setting Hard Drive LED to off from the menu did nothing. Is there a way to disable this feature?

Reactions: 1 person

DemitriArcane

Trophies
XP
Country
Version 2.236/7 are not working, all the games are hanging at Init DI. Its been like that for 30 minutes

the previous versions were ok, though mario sunshine had no video

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
First and foremost I wanted to say how big of a fan I am of Nintendont. Its allowed me to play Sunshine for the first time.

Anyways my question is this: will it be possible for Nintendont, down the road, to be bundled with cheats? For instance when you buy a DS flashcart and load a game, the flashcart comes pre installed with cheats to choose from. It would be great if a select few Gamecube games could have this feature for Nintendont as well. Mind you I know the odds of this occurring are slim to none, just thought I'd throw my two cents out there for a possible new feature.

Best way is to use a loader like USBLoaderGX (see Cyan's signature) as this lests you manage cheats before loading a game.

DemitriArcane

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone make a folder with previous versions of nintendont, this new one isnt working for me so it would be nice to get a way to revert back to old ones.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Only 4 more pages to reach 1000, see how many people are interested in the Gamecube, easy money for Nintendo if they realize how much we want Gamecube support for the Wii U!

Interestingly enough the sonic riders crash happens at the same point in Nintendont too.
WHOA! Dude, this is awesome, maybe FIX94 or someone else could try this out? We may finally have a fix for Starfox Adventures and Sonic Riders if this works!
btw this is a long shot but maybe this also can fix the audio delay in Sonic Mega Collection?

I can not understand all the users being surprised that the games crash when you use the widescreen code. You are after all messing with the code and how the game works! By having it widescreen the game has to render more visible area and thus use more memory than originally intended. In some of the more graphically intense games this might actually be too much to handle, especially as the original coding does not take this in consideration.
I say you should test all games not using the widescreen mode, as the game is meant to be played, for the compatibility list.
I totally agree, people have to realize that enabling widescreen in a game that doesn't officially have one is like using a cheat code, it's normal that the game would cause issues because it wasn't designed to work that way, I'm even using a computer on a widescreen monitor and using WinXP with 4:3 screen size and black bars on the sides, it's no problem to me!

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last rev hangs in Init USB/SD Device.

V2.237
Wii Family
USB HP 32gb Fat32 64kb cluster.

Edit: Same setup works with rev v2.227
I'm the only one with this problem? Using an older rev works flawlessly, USB in port0 (the bottom one) tested with port1 and same problem exist, but if I exchange ports in the middle it shows a USB Init Error = 0 Shutting Down

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1