Hacking Nintendont

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or check the official Nintendont save game depository and see if the save your looking for is there

I posted a NTSC 100% save file for melee in it awhile ago

Kokumotsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys im having issues running nintendont
i am using a non powered HDD with a Y splitter when i try to get the program to search for games it keeps stating that i dont have any. my partiton is Fat32 and my directory is G:\games\Tales of Symphonia\game.ciso ( i did read nintendont works with compressed ISOs. tales is over 4gb so i am forced to compress it)

ive also tried having the data part of the splitter in the top part and the power side connected to my laptop. same issue.

could it be that i used my wii to extract the game into WBFS format( put both discs into one i guess), converted it to ISO, and trying to go from there
ill try doing one disc

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am using a non powered HDD with a Y splitter when i try to get the program to search for games it keeps stating that i dont have any. my partiton is Fat32 and my directory is G:\games\Tales of Symphonia\game.ciso ( i did read nintendont works with compressed ISOs. tales is over 4gb so i am forced to compress it)

ive also tried having the data part of the splitter in the top part and the power side connected to my laptop. same issue.

Tales of Symphonia is only 1.35 GB for each of the two discs. There's no reason to compress it.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont looks for game.iso. Rename it, and if it doesnt work, re-rip and compress with DMToolbox

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

could it be that i used my wii to extract the game into WBFS format( put both discs into one i guess), converted it to ISO, and trying to go from there
ill try doing one disc

Yes these are most likely what caused your issue.

Also make sure you connect the hard drive after you start your wii, sometimes usb powered hard drives go to sleep if you plug them in before the console is on

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gone for a few days and so much progress has happened including a possible fix for my beloved Star Fox Adventures.

On another note:
Some people don't understand that Dolphin is a GameCube/Wii emulator where as Nintendont is an interpreter. Just because one game works in one doesn't mean it will work in the other as they are 2 different entities.

mf3199

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is the hori battle pad (the one that looks like the pdp GC cotroller) working with nintendont? If it does, which one do you rwccomend to me between the pdp GC controller and the hori GC controller?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the hori battle pad (the one that looks like the pdp GC cotroller) working with nintendont? If it does, which one do you rwccomend to me between the pdp GC controller and the hori GC controller?

I do know that it is working from previous posts, as it is detected as a classic controller pro. However, as I dont own one, I dont know if they have analogue triggers (required for a large handful of games). I would recommend playing GameCube games with a GameCube controller, but if you only have access to the Wired Fight Pad, I know that the original classic controller works wonderfully, so it would definitely be an acceptable alternative

mf3199

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I do know that it is working from previous posts, as it is detected as a classic controller pro. However, as I dont own one, I dont know if they have analogue triggers (required for a large handful of games). I would recommend playing GameCube games with a GameCube controller, but if you only have access to the Wired Fight Pad, I know that the original classic controller works wonderfully, so it would definitely be an acceptable alternative
I have two classic controllers pro, but i want one, more. I cant use original GC controllers because i have a wii without GC ports. So i want to buy one of the pdp or hori to use in wii games and in nintendont. I think it will be the pdp because it has anlog triggers. Btw thanks

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Can someone confirm that the official Wii U Gamecube adapter doesn't work with this on a Wii U?

I'm trying to use it to no avail. I can get the games to load perfectly fine, but the controllers works none. I downloaded the "controller_Nintendo_Wii_U_GameCube_Adapter.ini" and renamed it to controller.ini and put it in the root of my external (where the game is held) and it's simply not working with the GC controller. If it doesn't work yet, I'll put this project to the side since without the controller, it curbs any nostalgic intent I had to play Sunshine without busting out a CRT.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone confirm that the official Wii U Gamecube adapter doesn't work with this on a Wii U?

I'm trying to use it to no avail. I can get the games to load perfectly fine, but the controllers works none. I downloaded the "controller_Nintendo_Wii_U_GameCube_Adapter.ini" and renamed it to controller.ini and put it in the root of my external (where the game is held) and it's simply not working with the GC controller. If it doesn't work yet, I'll put this project to the side since without the controller, it curbs any nostalgic intent I had to play Sunshine without busting out a CRT.

You need to give more information if you want to even hope the devs will respond. Give specific information, such as what happens, the error given, where the adapter is plugged in, etc. Also tag Howard, he works on controller stuff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao Xbox removed gamescript apparently