Hacking Nintendont

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everybody remember to list the actual version your using.

Just saying latest dosent help.

Not saying anything is worse.

It may have been the latest when you started your test but not by the time you finished and posted your results.
Even if it is the latest when you posted your results it may not be the latest a second later.
With the differances in time zones and the time it takes a construct and upload a new version it is impossable to go back and figure out what version was the latest at the time a post was made.

WoJjTeK

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah sorry, so my report of RE3 :
Resident Evil 3 ( PAL ) - FMVs stutter , game works fine. When I force Video mode NTSC it works flawlessy (FMVs as well ). Nintendont version 2.155

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Personally, i do not know how to compile or button map, so i don't know how to do it myself. For other stuff that i am fluent in, like compatibility tips or savegames or whatever else, i surely do them myself and contribute to others.
Since you are able to do button swap, why not lend a hand to the people asking for nc mapping? That way you can also ''lighten the load'' from Nintendont team, one less thing for them to consider as well.
Is that something you can do?
I haven't checked exactly how the programming of the triggers is done with the Bluetooth.

I would have to check first, it might be possible but I am NOT a dev.
Just to remind you that guys, I am nowhere as programming as the devs.

I do know some programming, yeah but not at the level the devs are.
I do what I can from what I know (since I only know basic C and HTML), so based on that I was able to change some pretty basic stuff.

Nunchuck support is not as simple as mapping, you must add the support for it since it is a different attachment.
I haven't investigated about how it works nor how are the input HEX values read, so I don't know yet.
The main issue with the Nunchuck will be the Analog stick, that goes far beyond my knowledge, although some look at the CCP stick might be enlightening.
Wiimote mapping MIGHT be possible, but it is the same case, I don't know how the inputs are read yet.

Oh and one other thing...
DO NOT PM' ME ABOUT NUNCHUCK SUPPORT!

As I said, I am not a dev nor anywhere near of being one.
I think Nunchuck support would not help that much to the overall NGC experience due to the lack of buttons and second analog stick.

Have a nice day. XD

starerik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't checked exactly how the programming of the triggers is done with the Bluetooth.

I would have to check first, it might be possible but I am NOT a dev.
Just to remind you that guys, I am nowhere as programming as the devs.

I do know some programming, yeah but not at the level the devs are.
I do what I can from what I know (since I only know basic C and HTML), so based on that I was able to change some pretty basic stuff.

Alright, fair enough!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Alright, fair enough!

Haha hey don't take it personal.
The rant wasn't going towards you, but to people that are asking me to add Nunchuck support.

I am download devkitPro in my other computer right now to start compiling the Button+Rumble MOD, and I also downloaded the modified libfat to enable UStealth support from now on.
From there I might take a look at the L button analog stuff.

I HAVE 2 REQUESTS:
1) Can anyone tell me if the latest devkitPro has UStealth support added into it? Or do I have to work with the libfat MOD?
2) Can anyone provide me with a working ninmem.raw of 8MB?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question! Can the knowledge gained here in terms of having the Wii U pro controller being usable in Nintendont be transferred to the emulators we've had for ages? I'm talking snes9xgx, fceugx, genplusgx, Not64, WiiSX, VisualBoy Advance GX, etc? I would really love to play some of these emulators with my Wii U Pro controller (especially WiiSX, Not64, and Snes9xgx).

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pressing Home in NFS Most Wanted xD

Edit: Btw notice the two Black bars in the screen. Every game in Nintendont regardless of the config shows in the sale way with those Black bars

Attachments

• WP_20140909_006.jpg
    WP_20140909_006.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 253

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1) Can anyone tell me if the latest devkitPro has UStealth support added into it? Or do I have to work with the libfat MOD?
2) Can anyone provide me with a working ninmem.raw of 8MB?
1) You need to replace it manually.
2) You have issue with creating one? just launch any game with nintendont (not usbgx right now) with multi and size to 8MB. be sure there's no ninmem.raw present in your /saves/ folder first.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if it's from FIX94's lateset update, but the analog sensitivity is worse than before. A perfect example is when I play Super Monkey Ball. I'm using a brand new WiiU Pro Controller. When the monkey lands on the playing field, he automaticly starts to pull to the left, and it's a real sharp left now, not like the last nintendont build where it was a faint pull to the left.

I've also noticed this with WindWaker, Link slightly tip toes to the left when I haven't even touched the left analog stick.

Is there anyway for the analog sensitivity to be back to what it was?

thanks for all your hard work! :-D

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Edit: Btw notice the two Black bars in the screen. Every game in Nintendont regardless of the config shows in the sale way with those Black bars

I'm pretty sure that this is not an issue with 4:3 or 16:9 lol, the bars would be far bigger. Also that is just how the wii outputs a signal, its never a full picture, google overscan to see what I mean.

Reactions: RCJayce

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1) You need to replace it manually.

2) You have issue with creating one? just launch any game with nintendont (not usbgx right now) with multi and size to 8MB. be sure there's no ninmem.raw present in your /saves/ folder first.
I just need to replace the libfat.a file right?

Also, I am finally done with MOD inclusions in the latest Nintendont rev2.155

It has the following features:
1) Bluetooth controllers buttons re-mapping.
2) Rumble enabled for Bluetooth controllers.
3) UStealth Support.

One thing though, I cannot test the UStealth MOD, can someone please try it out and tell me if it works?

Nintendont r2.155 MOD - Button Swap+Rumble+UStealth:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/715w243ki6knzg3/boot.dol

Reactions: Rob Blou

mf3199

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is tony hawk amrican wastenland working? I tried it in 2.153 and it frezes when you fall off the skateboard

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody point me in the right direction to be able to get multiplayer working on Nintendont?

I know it was mentioned that some adapters work, but I want to know which adapter would be the best one to buy given I have 3 different controller layouts sitting at home...

- 2 Arsenal PS3 Wired Controllers (USB output)
- 2 Gamecube Controllers
- 2 Wii Classic Controllers

I need the names of the adapters that would work which each of these 3 configurations.

This would be a great help to me so thanks in advance.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can somebody point me in the right direction to be able to get multiplayer working on Nintendont?

I know it was mentioned that some adapters work, but I want to know which adapter would be the best one to buy given I have 3 different controller layouts sitting at home...

- 2 Arsenal PS3 Wired Controllers (USB output)
- 2 Gamecube Controllers
- 2 Wii Classic Controllers

I need the names of the adapters that would work which each of these 3 configurations.

This would be a great help to me so thanks in advance.
you dont need adapters for multiplayer with gc controlelr or classic controllers only hid ones.

you can easily do 4 players with
2GC and 2CC
or
2GC,one HID and one CC

any combination works as long as you dont use 2 hids at the same time right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: I asked one of my fave translators