Hacking Nintendont

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
ipl.bin and font_ansi.bin are the same file.. i recomment "font_ansi.bin" if ipl.bin is not found...

Direct Download: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/blob/master/Data/Sys/GC/font_ansi.bin?raw=true

put "font_ansi.bin" on the root of your device (SD or USB) where the games are located!

Happy gaming! ;)

As far as i know, they are NOT the same file, Ipl.bin is a full bios of the GC while font_ansi.bin is only the font, and most likely a different one because if it were nintendo's it would be illegal.

It's the same as the unofficial dsp files that dolphin made for people that couldn't dump the official from their consoles. Again, they are not the same files, they're just made to work almost like the originals.

I think it's common sense that if you don't have the knowledge and tools required to dump your own bios you should use dolphin's font, but if you can, the original is (or should be) better.

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as i know, they are NOT the same file, Ipl.bin is a full bios of the GC while font_ansi.bin is only the font, and most likely a different one because if it were nintendo's it would be illegal.

It's the same as the unofficial dsp files that dolphin made for people that couldn't dump the official from their consoles. Again, they are not the same files, they're just made to work almost like the originals.

I think it's common sense that if you don't have the knowledge and tools required to dump your own bios you should use dolphin's font, but if you can, the original is (or should be) better.
So, you're sayin both files are the very different? anyways i recommended font_ansi.bin because it's more easier than ipl.bin in my case.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You mean you have to play games fairly? That is just so unfair! :P

really?
why have the feature in "your project" if you only make fun of the user for stating it's no longer working?
JoostinOnline: once other people join, I'll probably start working on it again
JoostinOnline: but it's too much to do alone
JoostinOnline: because it's boring and only for piracy
JoostinOnline: sometimes I wish I hadn't quit working on Nintendont, but then I remember how boring it was
JoostinOnline: I'm the project owner

you seem to not be very sure where you stand on nintendont,
but i see you still do 'clean up' the code other dev's write...
r37 'optimized'
r35 'set patchc code in its own cat.'
r30 'made cache easier to read'
r29 'fixed warnings'
r24 'made code clearer'
r20 'cleaned up'

i believe instead of frowning upon us 'users' , you should use your ability to do something (like fix/clarify how to use cheats) that has nothing to do with piracy and many of us enjoy using for games like SSBM , not everyone wants to go through an entire game before they can have all the characters unlocked. just as coding isn't something everyone wants to go through.

i would like to see a major change besides 'code optimization' from you when you get free time to work on your project.
this hasn't been the 1st time 'cheats' has been mentioned, i read a few comments on members here requesting cheat info, so just teasing probably wont make the comments and request stop.

(granted if its too hard to fix that can be stated too, gets us further then teasing the end user of 'your project' )

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really?
why have the feature in "your project" if you only make fun of the user for stating it's no longer working?

r37 'optimized'
r29 'fixed warnings'
r24 'made code clearer'
r20 'cleaned up'

i believe instead of frowning upon us 'users' , you should use your ability to do something (like fix/clarify how to use cheats) that has nothing to do with piracy and many of us enjoy using for games like SSBM , not everyone wants to go through an entire game before they can have all the characters unlocked. just as coding isn't something everyone wants to go through.

i would like to see a major change besides 'code optimization' from you when you get free time to work on your project.
this hasn't been the 1st time 'cheats' has been mentioned, i read a few comments on members here requesting cheat info, so just teasing probably wont make the comments and request stop.

(granted if its too hard to fix that can be stated too, gets us further then teasing the end user of 'your project' )
I think that's why SSBM has random freezing issues or lag on analog sticks when saving MC... i don't know, but i want to play Nintendont with non-issues of any type...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really?

r37 'optimized'
r29 'fixed warnings'
r24 'made code clearer'
r20 'cleaned up'

I would suggest not taking what he said seriously and keep the thread on topic. He's messing around, nothing more.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this must have been asked a lot already. But when are they going to work on add wii mote with classic controller support. USB is ok but I mostly have the xbox 360 usb controllers that I can not get to work. And I want to play Mario party 6 which I still have after my wii gave out on me. But one of the usb ports is used for the flash drive and I only have two ps3 controllers. So I am waiting for the wii mote classic controller option to come. So please is anyone working on it. I do have a working iso made from my wii before it quite. And the game is working just need controller support. Thanks for any info.

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this must have been asked a lot already. But when are they going to work on add wii mote with classic controller support. USB is ok but I mostly have the xbox 360 usb controllers that I can not get to work. And I want to play Mario party 6 which I still have after my wii gave out on me. But one of the usb ports is used for the flash drive and I only have two ps3 controllers. So I am waiting for the wii mote classic controller option to come. So please is anyone working on it. I do have a working iso made from my wii before it quite. And the game is working just need controller support. Thanks for any info.
Speaking of controllers, How the Wii-Remote with CC Pro or Wii U Pro Controller works on Devo?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

bluetooth is hard to program

you can use cc to gamecube adapter to use a gamecube controller after bluetooth is added.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
really?
A combination of obvious sarcasm and a :P generally indicate that someone is joking.
r37 'optimized'
r29 'fixed warnings'
r24 'made code clearer'
r20 'cleaned up'

There are plenty of great coders working on the project (better coders than me in fact). Optimization and cleanup is one of the few things I excel at, and it's not something the project needs much of these days. It needs the improvements that everyone else is making. They're doing an excellent job, and it shouldn't be forgotten. Let's give a big thanks to FIX94, Howard, crediar, Cyan, and GreyRogue

It's not really my project anymore. I also have far less free time these days as I'm starting a small computer business of my own, and dealing with some personal issues that have been interfering with my ability to concentrate. I've been making more and more mistakes with code.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 1.45 is up

-Added disk read activity led support
-Fixed dump that could occur when the last line on controller.ini didn't have a carriage return linefeed
-Added testing of the file system on SD: to match testing on usb:
-Added message to loading patched kernel 8 indicating using gamecube ports

Nothing in this version changes compatability. Their is no need to retest anything that was tested with 1.44.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If history has shown us anything, it's that developers love it when you nag them about fixing your problem. :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more... I'm not even a dev and i'm starting to get pissed off by so many posts about the same thing...

If you understand, then stop it. You're being a bother posting again and again about the same issue.. It will be fixed when it's fixed, if it wasn't working in the previous revision, and it's not working now, then simply wait until it's working, and stop posting saying "it doesn't work, fix it" everyday.

Besides (and i know it has nothing to do with the discussion at all) your broken english is getting on my nerves.

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you understand, then stop it. You're being a bother posting again and again about the same issue.. It will be fixed when it's fixed, if it wasn't working in the previous revision, and it's not working now, then simply wait until it's working, and stop posting saying "it doesn't work, fix it" everyday.

Besides (and i know it has nothing to do with the discussion at all) your broken english is getting on my nerves.
I don't blame you .-.

Edit: Through the years, all GC loaders (DIOS MIOS, Devolution, Nintendont) isn't work flawlessly, and I assume any loader will never be ideal at 100%. Maybe for you it's so easy because you have a Wii, So, I don't have a Wii and I don't know if it's the loader the problem or all devices that I have are very crappy, so that could have different results, I have Nintendont to play, not for test a little bit like other people. Anyways most of helpful posts from other people (specially some new users) might be ignored totally. on previous versions of Nintendont SSBM has the same issue (before v1.20).. otherwise, that shall be fixed someday.. People have their rights, leave them alone... if you feel bothered by lot of asks about fixing, skip that post for god sake. My "indeed" answer was sarcasm..

p.s: seriously, stop screwing me .__.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)