Hacking Nintendont

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Basically being able to use a wireless controller is a great convenience. I'm happy to even be able to play the games for now, but I just wanted to ask about it.

Of course that having a Wireless option is good, even Devolution made it possible to connect the ps3 to the wii to register it as a wireless controller. But again, the wiimote doesn't have enough buttons to play a GC game on its own, so I still wouldn't use it.. but that's me, I think the devs would prefer to work on other areas first because bluetooth support isn't an urgent matter.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
for my opinion the problem isn't use the bluetooth adapter on wiimode with the wiimote (wii use it built in) , the problem is do it when gc games is loaded. Gc games are only designed for gc controller type of input. For sure crediar knows how to convert control type on wii (quadforce emulate triiforce but triiforce hw use differnt kind of control [arcade hw]).
idk what is wrong with xpad, on my linux it works without any kind of driver (kernel side) or with userspace driver (external with more funcions), and the xbox pad kernel-driver works very well with udev,sdl,xinput,x (according to retroarch linux version). Probably is lot of work for very limited kind of joypad (some pad use the xbox way and have switch for xbox360 and pc/usb common).
but in deep the controller is usb and can work on wii , but that work for just 1 kind of pad is useless.... i stop to ask that

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry to ask this, but in some future it is the possibility of adding Wii U Pro Controller support, or Wii Remote + Nunchuck ( or classic controller) or the Wii U Gamepad?

Thanks!

There is in fact yes, and I know how the whole controller system works so yea, in the near future I'll add at least classic controller support :)

suomynonanum2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fix. I can report that smash melee is again working as it was before (don't save game data and continue without saving). Can't save in Mario kart double dash without freezing. I don't mind since I don't play that game, but i mention it because it was considered perfectly working game under nintendont in an earlier version.

cheatman3005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did try the Double Dash Patch for r64 (in page 213). This fix Mario Kart Double Dash saving problems. Give that a go if you want to play MKDD.

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fix. I can report that smash melee is again working as it was before (don't save game data and continue without saving). Can't save in Mario kart double dash without freezing. I don't mind since I don't play that game, but i mention it because it was considered perfectly working game under nintendont in an earlier version.
r69
Fixed a few EMC games. I checked my versions of MKDD and ZWW. The correct PatchOffset for both is 4. I also looked at SSBM NTSC the correct offset is 8 for that game. I left the SSBM PAL as it was, because I'm not certain if 8 is right for it. NTSC still seems a little flaky, but some of the time it makes it through and saves.

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r69
Fixed a few EMC games. I checked my versions of MKDD and ZWW. The correct PatchOffset for both is 4. I also looked at SSBM NTSC the correct offset is 8 for that game. I left the SSBM PAL as it was, because I'm not certain if 8 is right for it. NTSC still seems a little flaky, but some of the time it makes it through and saves.
OMG!!!! Thanks!!! but, could it work on Japanese Version? Well, doesn't matter! :D

Do you hear that? Adeka?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
r69

The "default for that switch where ZWW and MKDD were broken is already a PatchOffset=0x4; in that case wouldn't it be better to simply delete the "case" for each of them?

Reactions: Adeka

suomynonanum2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just curious, but do you know the if the offset for melee is the same in all versions of melee (1.00, 1.01, and 1.02)? i know when you apply hacks to melee, you have different offsets for each version and was wondering if that's the case with the save patch.

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "default for that switch where ZWW and MKDD were broken is already a PatchOffset=0x4; in that case wouldn't it be better to simply delete the "case" for each of them?
Yeah. I originally left that in there in case I was wrong. I think I have it right, though, and the method I just checked in is better. If someone wants to build and test with SSBM PAL, I could take that line out.

r70
Make Emulated Memory Card fix generic.

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I originally left that in there in case I was wrong. I think I have it right, though, and the method I just checked in is better. If someone wants to build and test with SSBM PAL, I could take that line out.

r70
Make Emulated Memory Card fix generic.
SSBM NTSC Created Save Data on MCEmu, on Menu, Yellow MC Icon still on upright, and freezes when picking mode...

mine is v1.02

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way we testers can find the memory card PatchOffset for games we test? Perhaps make it put the number on the debug file?

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure I remember a bit of discussion regarding this a few pages earlier, but how's the GameCube controller support on the Wii U? Obviously you'd need an adapter, is the Mayflash one compatible? I saw somebody having issues with it, I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    im gonna puke
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Laughing face + 2
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    finally, a zelda game where you play as zelda
    it only took 40 years
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @The Real Jdbye, They finally got the naming convention right.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now lets rename all of the old Zelda games to The Legend of Link. Lol.
    they kinda did that with zelda 2 at least it had link in the title
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ssDGBTssUI