Hacking Nintendont

Curtis Lister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there! For some reason, NA Resident Evil isos are hard to find for me. I love Emuparadise, never had an issue, but I see they have Resident Evil 4, but it is the European version. Is there a major difference? In terms of gameplay, or region differences. Thanks for the help!

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems that with video mode set on "auto" or "none" Nintendont isn't able to detect the PAL video mode from if them are converted in cISO (but detects them correctly if shrunked or fullsize) and the user must force them to PAL50 in order to boot them.
CISO *shouldn't* affect it, but I"ll double-check that.
Ok thanks. Do I change the name or just zip it up. Also, does the file go in the usb root, games folder or somewhere else? Thanks.
If you're referring to the built-in MD5 verifier, that doesn't use the redump DAT. The correct file can be downloaded using the internal updater.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
CISO *shouldn't* affect it, but I"ll double-check that.

If you're referring to the built-in MD5 verifier, that doesn't use the redump DAT. The correct file can be downloaded using the internal updater.

I think the issue is cISO. I have converted all my games in cISO and in the past few days i had a lot of problems in booting some of them (this is the reason of my huge questions about video modes) while before converting them everything worked with "auto" and i've figured out just today where's the issue.

To be sure 30 minutes ago i reripped from usb loader gx a game from a disc with compression on (it results shrunked from Nintendont and usb loader gx says 1.21 GB): with the same game video mode detection works when shrunked, doesn't work when cISO compressed.
If i haven't figured out erlier is because most of my games can be forced to 480p and the force option override the detection, so i haven't noticed the thing so quickly.

Last edited by Zonta85,

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Interest thing: if the games are forced in PAL60 that is the same resolution that doesn't work with "auto" or "none" (720x480i @60hz) the game revert them back to 720x576i @50hz (and after the user can select the PAL60 from the ingame selector if compatible).

If the game is forced to NTSC that is also 720x480i i have a black screen.
If games are PAL but "NTSC compatible" (because they have a "secret" progressive mode ingame selector that shows up instead of the 50/60hz selector when they are progressive forced or forced in NTSC), the "auto" or "none" options are working, booting the game at 720x480i @60hz and the showing the progressive mode ingame selector.

Now i'm sure of the issue: Nintendont is trying to load every single game in NTSC with "auto" or "none" options.

Last edited by Zonta85,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found it: The final region code check was actually ignoring CISO because that was the Multi-Game function, and CISO+MultiGame isn't supported. I'm adding a CISO check to read the region code anyway but skip the rest of the MultiGame code in that case.

(CISO+MultiGame is not supported because it doesn't make sense.)

Finishing up the new Game Info screen before sending another PR.

Reactions: Zonta85

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Found it: The final region code check was actually ignoring CISO because that was the Multi-Game function, and CISO+MultiGame isn't supported. I'm adding a CISO check to read the region code anyway but skip the rest of the MultiGame code in that case.

(CISO+MultiGame is not supported because it doesn't make sense.)

Finishing up the new Game Info screen before sending another PR.

Thank you, that thing was driving me crazy XD

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Can you test this build: https://github.com/GerbilSoft/Nintendont/raw/v4.430-GItest1/loader/loader.dol

The new Game Info screen isn't finished (MD5 isn't verified against the database), but CISO+PAL should work.

Sure, i was going to ask you for a preview like this becuase is a pain in the ass to change the video mode for every single game (i think that after this and the disc 2 issue i can be your personal beta tester XD ). I will let you know in a while.

Hey there! For some reason, NA Resident Evil isos are hard to find for me. I love Emuparadise, never had an issue, but I see they have Resident Evil 4, but it is the European version. Is there a major difference? In terms of gameplay, or region differences. Thanks for the help!

Without talking about warez sites there are no differences from PAL to USA version except that PAL has also the Italian, French and Spanish languages inside.
Resident evil 4 has an issue (as reported in the Nintendont compatibility list): must be forced at 60hz (in your situation with a PAL iso is "Force PAL60) otherwise the game (no matter of PAL or NTSC will run 1.5 times faster.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@GerbilSoft tested, now it works flawlessly :)

Last edited by Zonta85,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I deleted nincfg.bin from storage and re tried it again... I still cant change it to off and games load but all 4 lights stay on and I cant press any buttons What now? please help
if you deleted the correct ninconfig bin maybe you got one on usb and another on SD i dontk know your setup, all options will be off.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks. Do I change the name or just zip it up. Also, does the file go in the usb root, games folder or somewhere else? Thanks.

I guess it depends on what you're doing with it. The only Wii homebrew I know of that uses the redump database is Cleanrip and it downloads it automatically.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
@GerbilSoft is it possibile to have a vertical screen position adjust like the screen position (horizontal) that already exists? I have some games that work forced in 480p but the Image goes off screen in the bottom size (with the upper side that is Black).

Thank you for the answer.

ntnavy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@GerbilSoft is it possibile to have a vertical screen position adjust like the screen position (horizontal) that already exists? I have some games that work forced in 480p but the Image goes off screen in the bottom size (with the upper side that is Black).

Thank you for the answer.
I would love to see this feature implemented too. My tv had almost the same issue, only that is the top of the screen.

Reactions: Zonta85

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
I would love to see this feature implemented too. My tv had almost the same issue, only that is the top of the screen.

My tv is ok, but forcing few games in 480p, while the game is correctly forced the image goes offscreen. I don't think it Will be too difficult to implement since the horizontal optional already exists.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
How would I use this? Like what's the minimum drive space recommended? How do I select options? How do I compress games? How would I use this on an Original Wii? How would I force wide-screen/480p, with AV (yellow, red, and white) cables etc.? How do I patch games? How do I enable memory emulation? How do I force 60 Hz?

Last edited by Procyon,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How would I use this? Like what's the minimum drive space recommended? How do I select options? How do I compress games? How would I use this on an Original Wii? How would I force wide-screen/480p, with AV (yellow, red, and white) cables etc.? How do I patch games? How do I enable memory emulation? How do I force 60 Hz?
on nintendont menu there is a options menu so you can choose wich options you want ...

it works like any wii homebrew all you need is a fat32 sd/usb device and the right path to games.

with av cables you cant force 480p since those cables arent compatible with component signal, you need to buy a compoonent cable.

most info your looking for is just on the options menu on nintendont choose then and them start a game.

Reactions: Procyon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hope im not going to die from it before i see the ent in a month