Hacking Nintendont

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't think so...it happens on the 2 I have and also a 128gb flash drive. The games are alright, I even redumped them , and they work perfectly on the 32gb drive

i see.. not really sure what went wrong.. is your HDD set as "Active" in Bootice? you just click "parts manage" and "activate" tab down below..not sure if that helps but i did that after the formatting..it won't delete anything, it will just set it as active but i dont know if it works or if it has any impact at all..

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
For what it's worth, I've never had issues with shrunken disc images (except maybe Sonic Riders, but that's because it's extremely timing-sensitive, so shrinking the disc image will affect disc timing emulation). The only tool I've used to shrink images is crediar's DiscEx (v0.9).
Damn, now that I think about it I might be using a shrunken iso for Sonic Mega Collection that might be causing the games not synching right (until you bring up the Z menu at least once during gameplay) I been using shrunken isos back in the Dios Mios days (except a selected ones that I used with Devo at the time) and since I moved to Nintendont I been always using clean rips, I knos I'm using a clean rip for every other Sonic title just not Mega Collection, will have to try that out when I get the chance.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's probably more a matter of Sony using $1 worth of parts in a $50 controller. :D
Ironically back in the Dios Mios (Lite) days I was to buy a 32GB SD card and I found one SanDisk (10 KDs) and one Sony (40 KDs) with the same exact qualities, only branding costs 4 times the price, I asked here at GBATemp which one should I pick and they adviced me to go with SanDisk as they're both identical, good thing I took their advice because later on by testing I found out that Dios Mios hates Sony products (still to this day) while the SanDisk one worked like a clock.

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been thinking...maybe the HDDs are no compatible for some reason, but why of 2 same brand flash drives only 1 works? And if 3 of my 4 storage devices don't work then the compatibility isn't that high but no one else on the forum has this problem...so weird
PS. Does using burned DVDs has the same loading problem that Wii games have?

Last edited by yadspi,

Kirbii

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, another newbie to Gbatemp. Been searching the forum and the web but haven't found an answer.

Can Nintendont be run in a neek environment? I have a virgin Wii using Casper to access a uneek+di nand (created using the Modmii abstinence wizard). The nand was created as US regioned and it's System Menu is 4.3U. The apps/nintendont folder is on the SD card and a forwarder has been installed on the uneek nand. When I run Nintendont using the forwarder, Nintendont runs but gets stuck at the "Initializing IOS58" screen. As the System Menu is 4.3U I presume IOS58 is installed on the nand.

Breadland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh my god. I actually got Nintendont to work on my black Wii that came with NSMB! The one with no gamecube controller ports or memory card slot. After following all the instructions I tried it with Super Mario Sunshine and everything works. No slowdowns or crashes. All I had to do was to emulate a memory card. For the time being, I only have the Wiimote and Nunchucks, but I can confirm that they work just fine.

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh my god. I actually got Nintendont to work on my black Wii that came with NSMB! The one with no gamecube controller ports or memory card slot. After following all the instructions I tried it with Super Mario Sunshine and everything works. No slowdowns or crashes. All I had to do was to emulate a memory card. For the time being, I only have the Wiimote and Nunchucks, but I can confirm that they work just fine.
You should get the Hori GameCube pad that plugs in the Wiimote

Reactions: Breadland and owek1

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You should get the Hori GameCube pad that plugs in the Wiimote
or if he has a GC controller he could get a wiiu gc adapter since it also works on the wii xD.

Also nintendont will never ever have slowdowns on any gc game, becuase nintendont is not an emulator per say.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: Breadland

Breadland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
or if he has a GC controller he could get a wiiu gc adapter since it also works on the wii xD.

Also nintendont will never ever have slowdowns on any gc game, becuase nintendont is not an emulator per say.

Actually that sounds like a good idea! I didn't know that some, if not all Wii U adapters/controllers worked on the Wii!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Actually that sounds like a good idea! I didn't know that some, if not all Wii U adapters/controllers worked on the Wii!
they work on nintendont only, dont think you can use a wiiu gc adapter on games that support the gc or the wiiu pro on homebrew emulators that dont suport them, but yeah nintendont supports all the same controllers on wii or wiiu(vwii), so you can use a wiiu gc adapter or a wiiu pro controller on your wii, those 2 imos are by far the best choices one is absicaly perfect since you cant get any better than an original gc controller with analog triggers and rumble, unlike the CC lookalike wich doesnt have analog triggers or rumble.The wiiu pro only lacks the analog triggers but it has rumble and its 100% wireless no need to have a life support line connecting to the CC lol.

Reactions: Breadland

RR1917

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use USBLOADER GX with Nintendont and I'd tend to run discs which worked well (although every once in a while it would give an error). Now I recently switched over to HDD and every time I boot up a game, it gives a DSI exception. Everything is set to default settings and I have IOS249 v10 base 56 installed.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I use USBLOADER GX with Nintendont and I'd tend to run discs which worked well (although every once in a while it would give an error). Now I recently switched over to HDD and every time I boot up a game, it gives a DSI exception. Everything is set to default settings and I have IOS249 v10 base 56 installed.
wii or wiiu? also nintendont uses ios58.

Redfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I have Nintendont working (as Pedro may remember lol), can I create a "dir" on the root of the same usb stick and add games into a wbfs (for usbLoaderGX) folder to just be able to use the one drive?

Only asking as had to format the usb stick a certain way to get it working with Nintendont (specific cluster size which is what fixed the issues I originally had).

Cheers guys

Last edited by Redfan,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So I have Nintendont working (as Pedro may remember lol), can I create a "dir" on the root of the same usb stick and add games into a wbfs (for usbLoaderGX) folder to just be able to use the one drive?

Cheers guys
yes you can create a folder named "wbfs" and put wii games as wbfs files in there, the wbfs games names had to be the gameid if i remenber correctly.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Cheers mate, gonna try it just now when these games copy over ... thanks again :)
remnber the games need to be in wbfs format i rmenber using an program named "iso to wbfs) remnber the isos need to be turned into single(or split if bigger than 4gb files) wbfs format not the drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: NES emulator on a Pico. +1