Hacking Nintendont

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey lads, I've been having a problem with the Nintendont. When I try to exit the game it crashes to black screen every time.
Is this normal? I can't even turn off wii off without hard reset. I'm using the latest version of Nintendont.

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I created a FAT32 partition that's like 100GB, does Nintendont have problems with it? Nintendont is pretty slow now and can't boot most games (while loading the game, the HDD keeps lighting up and such). Actually, my Wii automatically shut off just now trying to read the card INIT, I guess.

I'll be pretty damn worried about my drive if it keeps shutting off while it's reading...

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAT32 is the best bet for HDDs for compatibility with everything. It sounds like the drive is losing power or going to sleep but you didn't say type of drive it is, revision number of Nintendont you're using or what games won't load.

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ohh damn I'm sorry. :X anyway I was kinda sleepy and didn't connect that Init SD = Memory Card emulation. Temporarily fixed it by setting the size number to 132 blocks I believe? I'm using a different SD card than before so I guess that's related to that.

Works fine now, though. My bad.

thepersonanon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long time lurker first time poster, I just wanted to ask, Is it possible nintendont will ever have smb support despite it potentially being slow? The question was asked nearly 500 pages ago and got about two replies that neither confirmed nor denied it and it sort of just faded away, I have run Gamecube iso's over LAN before using the an old paradox disc server(v1.2.1) its only inconvenience is it can only host one iso at a time, whereas smb with a properly formated filesystem much in the same way of OPL from the PS2 scene would be ideal.

I can't seem to set up a Swiss samba because I've no idea how to get it to read the ini file over PSOload(my only current gc homebrew method), and my gamecube kept crashing when I tried it with GCoS, that one will require more testing. In the mean time Nintendont is my only hope for smb gamecube games.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey lads, I've been having a problem with the Nintendont. When I try to exit the game it crashes to black screen every time.
Is this normal? I can't even turn off wii off without hard reset. I'm using the latest version of Nintendont.
its normal if you are using fowarders.

Ohh damn I'm sorry. :X anyway I was kinda sleepy and didn't connect that Init SD = Memory Card emulation. Temporarily fixed it by setting the size number to 132 blocks I believe? I'm using a different SD card than before so I guess that's related to that.

Works fine now, though. My bad.
hmm no, if the games are on teh hdd the saves will be made on the hdd, maybe you had some corrupt file or soemthing, memory card emulation has nothing to do with the actual SD card, its just where saves are stored, sometimes people have either very old nintendont version, forcing settings that they shouldnt, or straight up corrupt files being it the isos or even ninendont fol or bin config or contoller.inis.

Long time lurker first time poster, I just wanted to ask, Is it possible nintendont will ever have smb support despite it potentially being slow? The question was asked nearly 500 pages ago and got about two replies that neither confirmed nor denied it and it sort of just faded away, I have run Gamecube iso's over LAN before using the an old paradox disc server(v1.2.1) its only inconvenience is it can only host one iso at a time, whereas smb with a properly formated filesystem much in the same way of OPL from the PS2 scene would be ideal.

I can't seem to set up a Swiss samba because I've no idea how to get it to read the ini file over PSOload(my only current gc homebrew method), and my gamecube kept crashing when I tried it with GCoS, that one will require more testing. In the mean time Nintendont is my only hope for smb gamecube games.
probably never, nintendont is coded on a way that if the game speed misses for even 1 seconds on a single request teh entire thing crashes so loading a agme trough teh network would probably making the game unplayable on nintendont due to the wii very rudimentary Wifi.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.. by any remote chance, is it possible to convert a windwaker game save from this game cube save under nintendont over to a data save on a wii u? I think the answer to that is NO, but I just want to double check.. any ideas anyone?

Redfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I have created a thread about this issue, Greywolf pointed me here, so will ask here too lol.

I'm having real trouble getting Nintendont to allow me to use
My controllers I'm using Nintendont on an original Wii (accessing Nintendont via my homebrew browser) and all I want to do is use my official classic controller (connected via my official Wiimote) but it just does not seem to allow any control from the Wiimote or classic controller hence I'm feeling pretty stumped with this.

Nintendont works fine up to this point, when a game loads I get the 4 lights on my Wiimote (which Greywolf suggests just means that it's using port 4) and nothing else no buttons work / sticks etc forcing me to hard power off all the time. In settings I have max pads set at 4 and native controls off
Any ideas? Cheers

Redfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I have created a thread about this issue, Greywolf pointed me here, so will ask here too lol.

I'm having real trouble getting Nintendont to allow me to use
My controllers I'm using Nintendont on an original Wii (accessing Nintendont via my homebrew browser) and all I want to do is use my official classic controller (connected via my official Wiimote) but it just does not seem to allow any control from the Wiimote or classic controller hence I'm feeling pretty stumped with this.

Nintendont works fine up to this point, when a game loads I get the 4 lights on my Wiimote (which Greywolf suggests just means that it's using port 4) and nothing else no buttons work / sticks etc forcing me to hard power off all the time. In settings I have max pads set at 4 and native controls off
Any ideas? Cheers

Fixed I think lol cannot believe this lol

Really obvious.... Attach classic pad when game loaded then the Wiimote changes from all 4 lights to 1 haha ... Finally I can play my old favs ... Thanks for helping

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Fixed I think lol cannot believe this lol

Really obvious.... Attach classic pad when game loaded then the Wiimote changes from all 4 lights to 1 haha ... Finally I can play my old favs ... Thanks for helping
you can have CC connected before game boot too lol.

I understand that HBC is not compatible with NEEK. Does this make Nintendont incompatible with NEEK also?
Fix94 told me nintendont is imcompatible with neek due to some ios stuff so yeah probably.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont say latest version, say the actual number.Also is your wii on component display mode(480P) option on the wii system menu settings? it seems your wii or tv arent using a 480p connection option, also ssbm has actual progressive so you dont need to force it... does it work in 480p if not forced at all? but by choosing the option on game start?
Dont say latest version, say the actual number.Also is your wii on component display mode(480P) option on the wii system menu settings? it seems your wii or tv arent using a 480p connection option, also ssbm has actual progressive so you dont need to force it... does it work in 480p if not forced at all? but by choosing the option on game start?
ok thanks for notifying me of this. turns out compsite cables are the reason why, not component. I have composite cables, so thats why that option was greyed out.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
use nintendont directly from the homebrew channel and you are good to go.
Well I just tried it now and...damn it it froze :(
Am I doing something wrong? I went to HBC and started Nintendont from there and when I was finished with the game I pressed home button. Screen went black and stayed like that. Wii remote (with classic controller) stays dead (no lights)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well I just tried it now and...damn it it froze :(
Am I doing something wrong? I went to HBC and started Nintendont from there and when I was finished with the game I pressed home button. Screen went black and stayed like that. Wii remote (with classic controller) stays dead (no lights)
maybe it was a problematic game? some very rare games like spider man 2 cant be exited but 99% of them can be exited perfectly.

ok thanks for notifying me of this. turns out compsite cables are the reason why, not component. I have composite cables, so thats why that option was greyed out.
you can find some dirt cheap wii component cables on ebay, but your tv needs to have some component entry on the back tough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up +1