Hacking Nintendont

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
It just hit me, G0dlike died before Nintendont was a thing, I feel sorry for the guy, thanks to him this whole thing started off (when he bought the source for Dios Mios back in 2011) and while he didn't work on Nintendont I feel he still contributed to the project because if it wasn't for Dios Mios we would probably never have had Nintendont, may he rest in peace :(

Banamy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im a tad bit confused. Just a few questions.

1. This isnt bannable? I want to use this on my wii u 5.5.1.
2. I only have a micro sdhc with usb card reader. Can I use that and keep my wii u hdd in?
3. Is a brick possible?

Madalone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

2. I only have a micro sdhc with usb card reader. Can I use that and keep my wii u hdd in?
3. Is a brick possible?

i'm no expert but as far as i know you can't have any usb devices connected other than the one you're loading the games from.. i don't think runnning nintendont would cause a brick. can you run homebrew at all? this runs off the vwii and not directly off the wiiu fw so if you can run hb on your vwii you should be fine. then again, i'm no expert.

YveltalJ1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I play with wiimote and nunchuck? I try to play the games but it always goes to gamecube controls (I don't have a gamecube controller)

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

3. Is a brick possible?
1: This runs under vWii and won't be detected by the Wii U side of things.
2: Make sure the SD reader is in port 0. If you have issues with Nintendont, try removing the Wii U HDD. Just so you know, this can run from the Wii U's SD slot just fine, you'll just have slightly slower load times.
3: Nintendont can't cause bricking. If you do need to set up something else and you have to muck with your NAND, just make sure you don't touch anything under IOS 200. You should already have IOS 58, so you shouldn't have to worry about that.
How can I play with wiimote and nunchuck? I try to play the games but it always goes to gamecube controls (I don't have a gamecube controller)
It should be explained in the OP. Though, it works horribly as the control schemes just weren't designed for Wiimotes. Just pickup a cheap NGC, DirectInput USB, or Classic gamepad.

Last edited by TecXero,

YveltalJ1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1: This runs under vWii and won't be detected by the Wii U side of things.
2: Make sure the SD reader is in port 0. If you have issues with Nintendont, try removing the Wii U HDD. Just so you know, this can run from the Wii U's SD slot just fine, you'll just have slightly slower load times.
3: Nintendont can't cause bricking. If you do need to set up something else and you have to muck with your NAND, just make sure you don't touch anything under IOS 200. You should already have IOS 58, so you shouldn't have to worry about that.

It should be explained in the OP. Though, it works horribly as the control schemes just weren't designed for Wiimotes. Just pickup a cheap NGC, DirectInput USB, or Classic gamepad.

I found this website with custom classic controllers, one of them being a gamecube controller that can connect to the woimote.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
gc/hid controller have priority over BT controllers so disconnect them and the wiimote + nunchuck should go back to 1st port.

Redfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gc/hid controller have priority over BT controllers so disconnect them and the wiimote + nunchuck should go back to 1st port.

Hi, So I finally got Nintendont working on my Wii (not a WiiU) it's an original with the gamecube ports however I currently do not have a gamecube controller.

My understanding was as you state if no GC controller present it will allow you to use the Wiimote with nunchuk / classic controller.

However, whilst within Nintendont I can select games / change settings with my classic controller, when I load a game and it starts then nothing ... all I get is 4 lights on the Wiimote ???
I find this pretty confusing seeing as the app itself works fine with the same combination, but the games do not?

Cheers for your thoughts and any that anyone else has on this :)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, So I finally got Nintendont working on my Wii (not a WiiU) it's an original with the gamecube ports however I currently do not have a gamecube controller.

My understanding was as you state if no GC controller present it will allow you to use the Wiimote with nunchuk / classic controller.

However, whilst within Nintendont I can select games / change settings with my classic controller, when I load a game and it starts then nothing ... all I get is 4 lights on the Wiimote ???
I find this pretty confusing seeing as the app itself works fine with the same combination, but the games do not?

Make sure native controls are off, also the nunchuck must be connected to the wiimote in order to work.

Redfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure native controls are off, also the nunchuck must be connected to the wiimote in order to work.

Hi, yeah that was already set to off .. is it because I'm using a 3rd party Wiimote?
but again that seems odd as it works within the app anyway .. hmmm .. cheers for the reply

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, yeah that was already set to off .. is it because I'm using a 3rd party Wiimote?
but again that seems odd as it works within the app anyway .. hmmm .. cheers for the reply

Nintendont is two parts, a PowerPC loader and ARM kernel. The kernel doesn't appear to be linked to libogc so it doesn't use the same input methods.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Third party gamepads are very hit and miss with Nintendont. I recommend trying out an official one. As a general rule for homebrew, you should have an official one on hand.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

nintendont app and nintendont ingame have diferent controller compat you should never use 3rd party/fake wiimotes or CC for homebrew, nintendont is extremely picky with them specialy.

Redfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendont is two parts, a PowerPC loader and ARM kernel. The kernel doesn't appear to be linked to libogc so it doesn't use the same input methods.

That actually makes some sense :) Cheers

Third party gamepads are very hit and miss with Nintendont. I recommend trying out an official one. As a general rule for homebrew, you should have an official one on hand.

Yeah I did think that and tbh only just found out mine is 3rd party lol my nunchuk and cc are official and new lol typical really.

nintendont app and nintendont ingame have diferent controller compat you should never use 3rd party/fake wiimotes or CC for homebrew, nintendont is extremely picky with them specialy.

Cheers for the reply as I said above lol

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I think many third party wiimotes don't work with Nintendont, they can still work in the menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: *hugs random woman* lol