Hacking Nintendont

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont
sorry, I cannot find the changes. I find github to be totally confusing in terms of usability...
EclipseSin beat me to it. For the sourcecode, you can look at the changes directly. As for a changelog for pre-compiled releases, that's up to the author. Not much reason to bother with it, though, since people can easily see the commits. If you don't want to bother with that, Fix tends to make a post about any major changes he makes in this thread.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to connect it like a regular Wii controller (sync buttons), but it would never connect and keep a light on.

I also tried syncing it from within WiiFlow, but that didn't work either.

My next try will be, just launching Nintendont and syncing it.

theinternetnomad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone have this issue: whenever I use the gamecube adapter on nintendont, the main stick of the controllers don't work until I go into the options menu of any given game and a change setting. small annoyance. I'm using the hyperkin adapter and not he official nintendo branded one.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to connect it like a regular Wii controller (sync buttons), but it would never connect and keep a light on.

I also tried syncing it from within WiiFlow, but that didn't work either.

My next try will be, just launching Nintendont and syncing it.
Since the Wii was not programmed to use use the Wii U Pro Controller it is normal for the lights to not stay on once the controller is synced. If the lights blink once then turn off it is properly synced to your Wii. Just launch Nintendont normally and press a button on the Wii U Pro Controller it will work as intended.

I currently use the Wii U Pro Controller with Nintendont and it works great.

Reactions: TiMeBoMb4u2

Nixxe^

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
This is so strange.. Nintendont restarts my wii u when i connect my usb controller to it.. any one know how to fix it how to get it to work?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so strange.. Nintendont restarts my wii u when i connect my usb controller to it.. any one know how to fix it how to get it to work?

I don't think Nintendont has hot-swapping. Try plugging in the controller before you start the loader.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the Wii was not programmed to use use the Wii U Pro Controller it is normal for the lights to not stay on once the controller is synced. If the lights blink once then turn off it is properly synced to your Wii. Just launch Nintendont normally and press a button on the Wii U Pro Controller it will work as intended.
I currently use the Wii U Pro Controller with Nintendont and it works great.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't think Nintendont has hot-swapping. Try plugging in the controller before you start the loader.
it has hot swapping for ages you can plug hid controller and unplug them and replug at any time.

same shit restarts my wii u when im entering nintendont.. well for now il use my ps3 controller but it has so short cable :P
im guessing your usb controller does not have an ini made for it? while the ps3 controller has an ini file bult in on nintendont.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I know?
It's an USB controller yeah. It doesn't work on Xbox 360 though.
It's an Xbox 360 style controller.

I'm not home, so I'm asking to save time when I'm home lmao

I was looking at the product documentation just now and it doesn't say, but I suspect if it doesn't work on the 360 it's just a standard HID controller and should work.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
would you look at that, an actual update!
-fixed broken loader video mode detection (was always ntsc)
-adjusted force video mode settings to not overwrite game region anymore
-setting leftover sram horizontal offset to 0 without memory card emulation
-disabled loading of pal gc ipl on wiiu to get around its video issues for now
if you were wondering why nothing happend for a while I also work on a lot of other projects.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you were wondering why nothing happend for a while I also work on a lot of other projects.
gc-ipl-dump and gba-link-cable-dumper look really nifty. I'm going to try those out sometime this week.

I have a few in-progress branches for Nintendont that I need to finish up before merging. (improved GPT, adding a 2s delay to the Home button, and some menu improvements and optimizations)

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few in-progress branches for Nintendont that I need to finish up before merging. (improved GPT, adding a 2s delay to the Home button, and some menu improvements and optimizations)
Cool. Many people will be very happy as am I as I've mistakenly hit the Home button on my Wii U Pro Controller quite a few times when trying to press Start as those buttons are way too close together and too small.

Last edited by ccfman2004,
Reactions: Troopage

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I'll go check it out. thanks