Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for a "home menu", if you're using a loader like USB Loader GX, you can go into its settings and have it return to USB Loader GX, if you have a channel forwarder set up.
The Home Menu we want is so you DON'T exit Nintendont when you press the Home button. It also prevent accidental home button presses.

Reactions: Troopage

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
It is a wish. Everyone knows wishes don't always come true. Having so much controller support is amazing, but more is appreciated. I don't understand why you are so butt-hurt about this.

Jfc, it says new app in parenthesis you dingus. No sh*t it's not Nintendont. A new N64 emulator made by the Nintendont team is what is wanted, so it's related to Nintendont in that regard.
I agree with pedro here. A N64 emulator by the nintendont team doesn't belong to a nintendont wishlist. Also such an emulator wont happen. FIX94 would need to start from zero to code such an emulator. And concerning more support for controller. This is extremely unspecific. Nintendont already supports every HID Controller. Other controllers would need to be added one by one and its terribly difficult to add those because you basically have to code a driver for it. So it would better you specify which controller you would like to have support for. If you want to be taken serious by the devs, you should modify your silly requests.

Reactions: pedro702

elandyno

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, is there a way to have rumble with the classic controller pro? I know that the classic controller has no vibration but the wii mote can vibrate instead, like in the wii games

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, is there a way to have rumble with the classic controller pro? I know that the classic controller has no vibration but the wii mote can vibrate instead, like in the wii games
So you want a controller to rumble that has no motor inside of it?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How's this a home menu? I already have that
I meant it as an alternative. That ways you can go from gamecube game to gamecube game. Yeah, it will have to reboot Nintendont, but with auto boot on, it won't take long. It will also allow you to have custom settings for each game. Either way, I think an option to have it return to Nintendont's menu would fall under UI features.

Another way you could do it is set up a forwarder for Nintendont and have USB Loader GX set that forwarder as the return to point.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant it as an alternative. That ways you can go from gamecube game to gamecube game. Yeah, it will have to reboot Nintendont, but with auto boot on, it won't take long. It will also allow you to have custom settings for each game. Either way, I think an option to have it return to Nintendont's menu would fall under UI features.

Another way you could do it is set up a forwarder for Nintendont and have USB Loader GX set that forwarder as the return to point.
We don't want the Home Menu to return to a loader when we accidentally press Home and loose what we did. We need it so it DOSN'T exit Nintendont, at least not right away. Many people, including myself, have constantly accidentally pressed the Home button when we meant to press Start, heck I've pressed Select a few times by accident.

Link_enfant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've now installed HBC on my Wii U using Smash Stack, so I'm on Nintendont version 3.344 (last version by now) on a PAL Wii U vWii.
I tried playing Super Smash Bros. Melee with GC controller and it worked just perfectly, it looks really great via HDMI and I like how it still renders in 4/3 even on the Gamepad screen (I don't use widescreen patch for reasons). Really good job to the devs. :)

I only have two little issues which I hadn't on regular PAL Wii (using the same Nintendont version) : I can't quit the game to get back on the HBC launcher screen. I tried the GC button combination of R + Z + B + Down on D-Pad, the Home button on the Wiimote and they don't work at all. The reset function with R + Z + Start still works though.
It's quite annoying not to be able to turn off a game without turning the console off, and talking about that here's the other problem : I can't turn the power off with the Wiimote, and using the Power button on the Wii U causes it to reboot instead of turning off like it should.

Are those issues known and normal? If they do, would it be possible to correct them so they work just like they do on regular Wii?

Many thanks!

Last edited by Link_enfant,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't want the Home Menu to return to a loader when we accidentally press Home and loose what we did. We need it so it DOSN'T exit Nintendont, at least not right away. Many people, including myself, have constantly accidentally pressed the Home button when we meant to press Start, heck I've pressed Select a few times by accident.
Ah okay. It probably wouldn't be hard to just go into the sourcecode and alter the conditions for exiting. Just implement a sleep then a check to see if the button is still pressed, if so execute the exit command. That's something you could probably easily do yourself. As for a home menu, for when the home button is pressed, that would require a bit more work.

EDIT: Then again, I'm making assumptions about how it's written. I could be wrong, I haven't really taken a look at the sourcecode myself.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah okay. It probably wouldn't be hard to just go into the sourcecode and alter the conditions for exiting. Just implement a sleep then a check to see if the button is still pressed, if so execute the exit command. That's something you could probably easily do yourself. As for a home menu, for when the home button is pressed, that would require a bit more work.

EDIT: Then again, I'm making assumptions about how it's written. I could be wrong, I haven't really taken a look at the sourcecode myself.
I can't even begin to comprehend the C programming language so it's all Greek to me.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've now installed HBC on my Wii U using Smash Stack, so I'm on Nintendont version 3.344 (last version by now) on a PAL Wii U vWii.
I tried playing Super Smash Bros. Melee with GC controller and it worked just perfectly, it looks really great via HDMI and I like how it still renders in 4/3 even on the Gamepad screen (I don't use widescreen patch for reasons). Really good job to the devs. :)

I only have two little issues which I hadn't on regular PAL Wii (using the same Nintendont version) : I can't quit the game to get back on the HBC launcher screen. I tried the GC button combination of R + Z + B + Down on D-Pad, the Home button on the Wiimote and they don't work at all. The reset function with R + Z + Start still works though.
It's quite annoying not to be able to turn off a game without turning the console off, and talking about that here's the other problem : I can't turn the power off with the Wiimote, and using the Power button on the Wii U causes it to reboot instead of turning off like it should.

Are those issues known and normal? If they do, would it be possible to correct them so they work just like they do on regular Wii?

Many thanks!
if you are using the smash adapter the exit combo is L+R+Z+Start, all hid controllers have their own exit codes.

Link_enfant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you are using the smash adapter the exit combo is L+R+Z+Start, all hid controllers have their own exit codes.
I didn't think it would be another combination but it makes sense. It also resolves the power off reboot issue since I can properly turn the Wii U off while on HBC or get back to the Wii menu =)
Thanks a lot!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Plus with a home menu you can get a fake pause button for games like the Triforce games, and if a Reset/Exit options were included it'll be easier to use than having to remember which combination is for soft reset and which one is for exiting!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I apologize for double post, I'm posting to ask a question, some Game Cube games natively support 16:9 TVs like Dragon's Lair 3D, unfortunately my TV is 4:3 so I can't test it myself, but I wonder if anyone with a widescreen TV tested one of these games to see if Nintendont supports the native widescreen support?

@Troopage the issue with the documentary video in Mega Man Anniversary Collection doesn't lose audio, it just plays delayed after a while as it's somewhat long, I can't remember if it happened in Dios Mios or not but I can confirm the Xbox version didn't have this issue, though on Xbox it was a different video "Xbox version got the first episode of Mega Man Battle Network" anyway maybe someone can confirm or deny this.
Also I remember people reported that Mega Man X Collection crashes if you use widescreen, can't confirm this myself "see first paragraph of the comment" but if someone can confirm it maybe it can be added to the "wish list"?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for double post, I'm posting to ask a question, some Game Cube games natively support 16:9 TVs like Dragon's Lair 3D, unfortunately my TV is 4:3 so I can't test it myself, but I wonder if anyone with a widescreen TV tested one of these games to see if Nintendont supports the native widescreen support?
Yeah, the gamecube games that support widescreen only support anamorphic widescreen, so it works fine with Nintendont. Just make sure you have Nintendont's widescreen option disabled for that game. Works great with F-Zero GX.

Reactions: sonictopfan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo