1. Peninsula

Peninsula GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Weird. I got those files straight off my Wii U, so no idea why that would be happening. DRC and TV are the banners that are displayed on the gamepad and TV respectively, and it would be pretty easy to make your own.

2. swankerme

swankerme Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Peninsula, this works wonderfully for me. I can not use WiiVC Injects because it black screens my Wii U. Using the the hbl2hbc forwarder by FIX, directed towards my Nintendont, works perfectly.

Question - is it possible to install two instances of the hbl2hbc app? I would like to have one purposed just for Nintendont, and another purposed for WiiFlow (for Wii games).

Peninsula likes this.
  3. Peninsula

United States
    Installing another copy of hbl2hbc wouldn't do anything. You would either need to 1 of 3 things.

1. Compile the source code of hbl2hbc and just change the title ID of the channel (so it doesn't overwrite the original hbl2hbc) and edit the name of the file it reads channels from (e.g. hbl2hbc2.txt)
    2. Use TeconMoon's Wii U script to create a forwarder directly to the WiiFlow vWii installed channel. The only downside with this is you would need a wiimote every time you want to launch WiiFlow
    3. Edit hbl2hbc.txt and a line with with something like "[WiiFlow vWii title]=WiiFlow". You would have the same icon on the Wii U menu this way, and you would need the gamepad every time to select whether you want Nintendont or WiiFlow.

swankerme likes this.
  4. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Mexico
    how did you get it? every time that i try to download it it tells me titles are ready but i dont get anything

5. Someladfromireland

Newcomer

Ireland
    Thanks my guy

Peninsula likes this.
  6. Nomado

Nomado Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Madagascar
    Hi, I know this is an old thread. I was able to set this up and it can launch Nintendont directly from WiiU Menu. But I have one big problem. That is after playing GC games and when I want to exit. It just freezes on black screen. I can produce this consistently with button combination to exit on Nintendont or by pressing Home button on the controller.
    I found out through experimenting that this problem is most likely due to Nintendont forwarder. I can go into vWii and launch HBC and launch Nintendont. This way I can exit back to HBC without any problem. As soon as I launch Nintendont forwarder inside vWii and then try to exit, it gives me black screen.

How can I fix this? Do all of you have same problem? Anyone set this up and able to exit safely? Also my question is by launching Nintendont from WiiU menu and then exiting it, would I exit to WiiU menu or vWii? It is very vague because the way I see it. hbl2hbc is launching Nintendon't forwarder not hbc. So I don't know if it would exit back to hbc.

Once I have that black screen, Pressing on Power button of WiiU won't do anything and I am having to pull the plug to turn it off.

LarryD and LadyHaywood like this.
  7. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Addict

France
    Hello,

You will find it in (forwader Nintendont) "WII U USBHELPER".

Or go see this page, it will give you explanations ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-forwarder-for-wii-u-not-vwii.494159/

Just a tip:

Never disconnect the plug from the console, when it is on, you risk breaking your console. Just hold the "Power" button for 4 to 5 seconds and it will turn off by itself

Last edited by jeannotte, Feb 26, 2020
    Nomado and alexander1970 like this.
  8. Klemens

Klemens Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I really need those 4 steps explained into more detail for easier understanding. So far i have downloaded everything but dont know where t put them on the sd or how to download fixes channel on the wiiu i dont even see wad manager on my channel.would really appreciate it penn.also does the vwii have to be hacked to do this or just wiiu?...

Last edited by Klemens, May 2, 2020
  9. Peninsula

United States
    Yes, you need to have a hacked vWii in order to install vWii forwarders. Forwarders are channel you select from the vWii menu that are really just shortcut to apps you have on your SD card. If you need to hack your vWii follow this guide: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/vwii-modding

10. Klemens

Klemens Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This requires a wiimote I’m guessing?

11. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Addict

France
    Hello,

Yes

12. PikachuPrincess23

PikachuPrincess23 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Norway
    Hello how can I install Nintendont forwarder on Wii U? I have tried WiiVC Injectors but I can't seem to find it on WUP Installere GX2.
    I really want to use Nintendont and I can't use vWii since I don't have Wii Remote

13. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    you don't need an injector if you have the forwarder itself. it's not detecting it at all or is there an error? I have the nintendont forwarder I used, but it's against the rules to share it I think:

upload_2021-3-7_9-54-55.png

14. PikachuPrincess23

Norway
    I think i have install it but it won't show up on Wii U menu

15. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    check in the memory management section of system settings. see if it's listed.

16. PikachuPrincess23

Norway
    I can't find memory management section of system settings.
    I only find data management in system settings on Wii U

17. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    That's the one.

18. PikachuPrincess23

Norway
    It's not in data management and shall i run Mocha CFW first and then install Nintendont from WUP installer Gx2

19. Xorrak

Xorrak Newbie
    Newcomer

Sweden
    This worked but only with my wii u gamepad and not with my switch gamecube controller :(

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendont, Forwarder, vWii)