Hacking Nintendont Forwarder for Wii U? (Not vWii)

ViggyTheBear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get it via WiiU USB Helper. You'll also have to download a specific .dol file to get the forwarder to open properly and it will be provided in the description on the right side of the program.

Reactions: Deleted User

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you can install a Nintendont forwarder on vWii and use hbl2hbc by fix94 to automatically launch your forwarder. That way you don't need a wiimote if you just want to play with gc controllers.

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you do that is their a video or a guide
No, but I can explain a bit further. You'll need the following:

NOTE: The forwarder described below does not support the gamepad. If you want gamepad support you can use the WiiVc Injector Script. However, the forwarder made from this script doesn't support the USB Gamecube controler adapter and requires a Wiimote if you choose to play without a gamepad. To get around that I have a 2nd forwarder which is created by:
  • The Nintendont vWii forwarder found here
  • FIX94's hbl2hbc here
  • hbl2hbc forwarder here
1. Install the Nintendont vWii forwarder using your favorite vWii wad manager.
2. Put hbl2hbc on your SD card with a file named "hbl2hbc.txt" on the root of your SD card.
3. Make sure the text file just contains this one line without quotes: "WWND=Nintendont".
4. Install the hbl2hbc forwarder on your Wii U menu. If you just need hbl2hbc to launch Nintendont you may want to change the meta information after installing to give it a Nintendont icon and description text.

And that will let you launch Nintendont without needing a wiimote since the Wii U sees the forwarder as a Wii U game, not a vWii VC game. Please note, you'll only be able to launch the hbl2hbc forwarder using a CFW like CBHC.

Last edited by Peninsula,
Reactions: fbfiso

SpottierApollo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, but I can explain a bit further. You'll need the following:
1. Install the Nintendont vWii forwarder using your favorite vWii wad manager.
2. Put hbl2hbc on your SD card with a file named "hbl2hbc.txt" on the root of your SD card.
3. Make sure the text file just contains this one line without quotes: "WWND=Nintendont".
4. Install the hbl2hbc forwarder on your Wii U menu. If you just need hbl2hbc to launch Nintendont you may want to change the meta information before installing to give it a Nintendont icon and description text.

And that will let you launch Nintendont without needing a wiimote since the Wii U sees the forwarder as a Wii U game, not a vWii VC game. Please note, you'll only be able to launch the hbl2hbc forwarder using a CFW like CBH

i just have one problem with that i dont have a wii mote to get into vwii to dwonload the vwii version of nintendont

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant find the HBC that supports wii u gamepad but i found the wad installer
https://gbatemp.net/threads/v-wii-homebrew-channel-open-sourced.450288/page-6
Go to FIX94's post in the the thread, #113. Essentially, You need to use the WiiVC injector script with WiiVC Chan Booter boot.dol as the source. You put title.txt, which in this case should contain 'LULZ' in TOOLS\HOMEBREWBASE\files folder. At least that's how you did it in the old versions of the script. You may need to ask in that thread what to do with the script if you can't figure it out.

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for bumping an old thread but I've just been looking how to add a way to launch Nintendont from the Wii U menu. I think I have everything ready except for one thing.

"If you just need hbl2hbc to launch Nintendont you may want to change the meta information before installing to give it a Nintendont icon and description text"

How would I go about doing this?

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for bumping an old thread but I've just been looking how to add a way to launch Nintendont from the Wii U menu. I think I have everything ready except for one thing.

"If you just need hbl2hbc to launch Nintendont you may want to change the meta information before installing to give it a Nintendont icon and description text"

How would I go about doing this?

Whoops I misremembered. Really, you should change the meta information AFTER you install it. Once the hbl2hbc forwarder is installed, you load up FTPiiU Everywhere navigate to the channel's title ID on nand and dump the files in the 'meta' folder, specifically bootTvTex.tga, bootDrcTex.tga, bootLogoTex.tga, and meta.xml. You can verify you have the correct files by making sure the info your meta.xml matches up with hbl2hbc. You can generate your own .tga files using the tools included in the Wii VC Injector script. After you edit meta.xml and change the .tga images just replace the files with FTPiiU Everywhere and you should be all set.

Reactions: spectral

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds a bit fiddly to save 2 seconds loading up the Vwii
Well everything in my previous post is just editing cosmetics and is not required to get it working. Also, my whole technique described in this thread is for GC controller support in Nintendont without needing a wiimote. If that's not important to you can just create a forwarder from the link in my previous post, or like you said, load up vWii.

Reactions: spectral

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use this set of instructions Matt Kimura wrote in his thread to make a wii u channel that loads nintendon't homebrew with gamepad support.

1) Use this script to build your own Wii VC injects with gamecube games using your own .iso:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/

2) Once you've created your inject you should have install files, basically a bunch of .app and .h3 files in a folder. Place these on your SD card in the install folder (Same as installing Wii U games) SD:/install/NameofGame/ ~.app & .m3 files~

3) Download these Nintendont files HERE
(Courtesy of Flump for the upload)

4) Extract all the files to your SD card, Except the install folder (It's only needed for method 2)

5) On your Wii U, run CFW such as HaxchiFW or Mocha. Then launch WUP Installer GX2 to install your gamecube inject (To USB Storage or System Memory)

6) Now launch your gamecube inject from the Wii U home menu. It will ask if you want to use the gamepad as a controller, choose yes.
If your TV is turned off or the HDMI isn't connected, it will also ask if you only want to display on the gamepad. It will reboot into vWii mode and start the gamecube game.

Note: You always need to enable CFW before launching a Gamecube inject, else you'll get Error Code 99-9999 and be forced to shutdown. Even if you exit a game, you still have to enable CFW again before launching another

Note: For some users, the game may result in a black screen. As of right now, there is no explanation to this phenomenon or how to fix it. If this is the case, you won't be able to use method 1 or 2 in this section. Use the "All in One" method instead in Section III below as a workaround.

Basically you use the injection tool to enable gamepad support on various homebrew that has been modified to support it. Here is the tutorial page link. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...e-ps1-n64-games-from-the-wiiu-gamepad.489122/ :)

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Well everything in my previous post is just editing cosmetics and is not required to get it working. Also, my whole technique described in this thread is for GC controller support in Nintendont without needing a wiimote. If that's not important to you can just create a forwarder from the link in my previous post, or like you said, load up vWii.

All good points. It does sound like it is the superior option, although it not being named correctly will bug me. However the renaming and changing the icon sounds a little too in depth for me atm. I literally only started looking into this a couple of days ago and tbh I'm just glad I didn't break it.

On a completely unrelated sidenote, I just noticed it says I'm a new user, odd as I have had this account since the flash2advance was the bee's knee's.

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried this and it seems to be working. Thanks.

If I can be a bit cheeky and assuming its not difficult for someone who knows what they are doing would somebody be able edit it to have the Nintendont icon and title text and send it too me?

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my Nintendont channel meta info. I'm pretty sure I got this from an old forwarder made by Ploggy.

storage_(mlc/usb)/usr/title/00050000/13374843/meta
Use ftpiiu everywhere and replace the files in the directory. Then, edit meta.xml with notepad and replace all mentions of 'HBL2HBC' with 'Nintendont'.

Attachments

• Nintendont Meta Icons.zip
    804.9 KB · Views: 516

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's my Nintendont channel meta info. I'm pretty sure I got this from an old forwarder made by Ploggy.

storage_(mlc/usb)/usr/title/00050000/13374843/meta
Use ftpiiu everywhere and replace the files in the directory. Then, edit meta.xml with notepad and replace all mentions of 'HBL2HBC' with 'Nintendont'.

For some reason it is only letting me FTP into the SD. I made sure I ran Haxchi before running the FTPii app.

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You either need to run mocha cfw from haxchi then use ftpiiU everywhere (different app than ftpiiU), or install CBHC and use FIX94's special version of ftpiiU everywhere.

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
Found the version of FTPii that works with Haxchi. Ran into another snag though. Two of the files wont transfer. In filezilla it just says error. When I try in in a web broswer it says transfer failed because the file contains errors. The two that wont transfer are bootrcTex.tga and bootTvTex.tga

Reactions: Sowden

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over