Hacking Nintendont

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, these characteristics are exactly the same in both.
Kind of. vWii can take advantage of 3 cores, but at the Wii clockrate. Other than that they're the same, which is why I gave the example of Devolution being able to implement extra controller functionality on a normal Wii.

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't think nintendon't is using the three cores.
It seems that there is something in the vIOS that are not in the normal one and that is why crediar did not think to implement it.
It's best to ask him directly what is the problem on the normal Wii.

Certainly, the only other controller that has been implementing in Devo was a USB mouse and only 3 buttons of it and yet it must have been a great effort.
Surely crediar did not want to do all that, so it is not comparable.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Crap, that is the only feature that I needed from this project. I accidentally bought that f*cking Family Edition Wii, and cannot use Dios Mios. I don't know why not to include it also in normal Wii version. I asked crediar about it on twitter, waiting for response...

Maybe someone should ask him if he would bother implementing usb support for wii, if a certain amount of donations (that he could define) was reached?

sabykos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've talked with crediar about the Wii version a while ago. He said that it isn't that easy to support both GC-Pads and USB-controller. So he had to decide between this two options and chose to only support GC-Pads. Nonetheless he said that it is one of his goals to support both controls in the Wii-version, but this issue has rather low priority to him. So it will take some time before he tries to implement it.
I also asked if he could make two Wii-versions, one with GC-support, one with USB-support. Because it's just a homebrew app it would be possible to have both versions on the Wii. But he answered that he has already four version (WiiU USB, WiiU SD, Wii USB, Wii SD) and don't want to make more.

So it seems that owners of Family edition Wiis need to have patience.

Reactions: tmv_josue

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo Maniac: Was all this implemented in the first public version of Devolution? No? I guess so.
But tueidj stated that it WOULD be supported and laid out several future goals in the first post of the Devolution - Public Release thread. Crediar on the other hand has pretty much flat-out said that it'll be GC pads only, now and forever, on non-Wii U systems.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
And yet Devolution implements SD, USB, GC, and USB mouse into a single version. Come on now, I thought Crediar was good at this stuff. :P

Or is that tueidj is just that good?
I believe it's not a question whether someone is good enough to accomplish things, but rather whether someone is interested enough in doing things.

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it's not a question whether someone is good enough to accomplish things, but rather whether someone is interested enough in doing things.
Err... so are you saying that there'd be a reason for Crediar to make 4 separate versions, two for Wii and Wii U, rather than one for each platform or one version to cover everything?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Err... so are you saying that there'd be a reason for Crediar to make 4 separate versions, two for Wii and Wii U, rather than one for each platform or one version to cover everything?
It's not going to be one to cover everything, there will be at least two versions.

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it would require more work. So why bother wasting your time for cosmetics?
It could be argued that having a single code base for everything would require less maintenance.

It's not going to be one to cover everything, there will be at least two versions.
...er, I think you read my post wrong.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
...er, I think you read my post wrong.
I'm just confirming that there will be at least two versions. One runs on a system with more resources and different inputs available while the other runs on the system with less resources and the original inputs available.

So it's not that he's specifically going to develop multiple versions just to spite you or anything, it's already going to be that way.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It could be argued that having a single code base for everything would require less maintenance.
Not necessarily. Remember crediar splitting DML and DM in two versions because there is not enough RAM for both versions in one file. You could possibly include both versions in one file with more work, but why bother doing this and risking bugs and broken features as a result?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi