Nintendo to skip Direct this E3, Treehouse only

Untitled-2.png

Although Nintendo has not held a traditional press conference at E3 since 2012, for the last 3 years they have at least had a pre-filmed Nintendo Direct showing.

Unfortunately, even that is not the case this year and they have recently announced that their only showing for E3 2016 will be in the form of a live-streamed Nintendo Treehouse event devoted entirely to the new The Legend of Zelda game for both Wii U and the forthcoming NX.

The game will also be playable in some form at E3 so we can expect the game to be quite far along.

The currently titled The Legend of Zelda for both Wii U and NX is due to release sometime in 2017.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: Prans and nxwing

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you're in to rpgs and JPOP Tokyo Mirage Session #FE might be a good game for you.

Well I'm not really into JRPGs (Hint: Please take a look at my signature)...but thx anyways for the suggestion.

Plus the 5.5.1 Keksploit has been leaked.

Eventually Ninty will kill the exploit with a system update, and I don't feel like playing the game of "Should I stay to keep homebrews or update to play new games that require update?" anymore.

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eventually Ninty will kill the exploit with a system update, and I don't feel like playing the game of "Should I stay to keep homebrews or update to play new games that require update?" anymore.

What New Games? LOL
Paper Mario and TMSxFE 2016
Zelda 2017
Thats it.

Nintendo is showing their hand, they have no games in development for wii u.
Nintendo is waiting to show the nx as late as possible to create hype and have people go out and purchase the system on release.
The less time given for the scrutiny they WILL get for specs, controller, or 3rd support of the system, the better.
They also want 1st party launch games to be as polished as possible before showing them off.

Nintendo clearly is done with the Wii u and the 3ds is probably going to be supported mainly by 3rd parties for this year.

Last edited by kingsora831,

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
All companies make bad decisions. Such as Apple. They didn't discontinue iPhone's after Steve Jobs died, hence their low-end terrible devices now.

ANYWAY, enough people are hyped for Zelda U and NX so it's not like people are going to ditch Nintendo.
If iPhone is such an low-end device, why does it scores great in benchmarks?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
From what was listed, they seem to only have plans set for the first day out of the 3 they mention, that first day being Zelda-oriented. So, anything could happen. And honestly, Directs aren't an E3-exclusive. There's nothing stopping then from having one a week before/after the event if they so choose.

Reactions: nxwing

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If iPhone is such an low-end device, why does it scores great in benchmarks?
It's more optimized due to standardized hardware, and it doesn't score that well - it's adequate at best, and considering the price tag of the device you'll get better performance to dollar ratio on Android. Case and point, the Galaxy S7 blows the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus right out of the water (6,466 vs 4,404 vs 4,407) in GeekBench 3 Multi-core and costs roughly the same amount of money.

https://infogr.am/geekbench_3_multi_core_scores

iPhones shine when they use brand-spanking-new technology in their custom chips, but that's not the case every iteration. I wouldn't call them low-end devices, but the performance to price point ratio isn't exactly satisfactory on Apple devices, not to mention the many other shortcomings they suffer from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end