Nintendo to skip Direct this E3, Treehouse only

Untitled-2.png

Although Nintendo has not held a traditional press conference at E3 since 2012, for the last 3 years they have at least had a pre-filmed Nintendo Direct showing.

Unfortunately, even that is not the case this year and they have recently announced that their only showing for E3 2016 will be in the form of a live-streamed Nintendo Treehouse event devoted entirely to the new The Legend of Zelda game for both Wii U and the forthcoming NX.

The game will also be playable in some form at E3 so we can expect the game to be quite far along.

The currently titled The Legend of Zelda for both Wii U and NX is due to release sometime in 2017.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: Prans and nxwing

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And we all thought E3 2015 was bad
rip e3 2016. The only thing I am looking forward to is... Nothing. I hate the idea of a ps4.5 I don't play xbox. For me this e3 is a helping of dissapointment. Heck, this means they're not showing any Pokemon Sun and Moon footage.

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I love zelda and all, but I was hoping for some NX footage (which was announced that it wont happen) and some other games (which now also won't happen)
I never cared about Playstation's or XBOX's streams. I'll still be watching, but I'm not even hyped anymore.

Nintendo hasn't ruled out a Direct presentation at e3, just so far only treehouse is announced. We shouldn't jump to conclusions.
I hope you're right.

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's a contest to win tickets to E3 hosted by Nintendo of America, check their twitter.
EDIT: Only for North Americans.

Last edited by DutchyDutch,

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious how this is going to turn out considering they already had issues previously with the Wii U

(Slowly watches loading screen at event.)

Edit:

I'm curious if they will be showcasing the NX early somewhere in December, instead of 2017 :o.

Last edited by petethepug,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s