Nintendo to skip Direct this E3, Treehouse only

Untitled-2.png

Although Nintendo has not held a traditional press conference at E3 since 2012, for the last 3 years they have at least had a pre-filmed Nintendo Direct showing.

Unfortunately, even that is not the case this year and they have recently announced that their only showing for E3 2016 will be in the form of a live-streamed Nintendo Treehouse event devoted entirely to the new The Legend of Zelda game for both Wii U and the forthcoming NX.

The game will also be playable in some form at E3 so we can expect the game to be quite far along.

The currently titled The Legend of Zelda for both Wii U and NX is due to release sometime in 2017.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: Prans and nxwing

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
The 3ds is selling like candies and people speak about graves and shit. Get real.
Besides, Nintendo haven't had much sucess with E3 events. In fact, these events suck more and more every year.

Reactions: MrJason005

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is seriously hurting themselves by not showing anything to the fanbase. Unless they can pull their heads out of their asses and start showing things to people, they're going to sink. We're less than a year away from the NX. LITERALLY ALL THAT WE KNOW is that it's a thing, and that the new Zelda game will be on it. THAT'S FUCKING IT. It'd be nice to know what the hell the NX even is, perhaps the new Zelda game might use it in an innovative way that might make it attractive to the consumer for all we know. Not to mention it's not like Zelda is the only game that they're making. I'm sure other companies would love to make announcements at E3, but with Nintendo jumping to just a Treehouse event is just absurd.

Otherwise, if you're not showing anything at E3, I expect Nintendo directs on a monthly basis until December at the least to make up for this.

Its the Coleco Chameleon FKA RetroVGS all over again, don't worry the prototype will be either a super nintendo jammed into an atari jaguar case or a capture card shoved into a translucent case XD jk.

I can't believe how badly that team failed. If you don't know what I'm referring to, look it up on youtube pathetic.

In all seriousness though, idk what Nintendo is thinking by not showing the NX off at E3 and refusing to release it during the holiday season, really poor business decisions if you ask me. Who knows though, maybe they'll have a surprise unveilling of it at E3, one can only hope. I know I won't be preorder one until I can actually see it in action, through a video or whatever. I need to see all its features and what not, or I'm not buying it, plain and simple....

loco365

Trophies
XP
Its the Coleco Chameleon FKA RetroVGS all over again, don't worry the prototype will be either a super nintendo jammed into an atari jaguar case or a capture card shoved into a translucent case XD jk.

I can't believe how badly that team failed. If you don't know what I'm referring to, look it up on youtube pathetic.

In all seriousness though, idk what Nintendo is thinking by not showing the NX off at E3 and refusing to release it during the holiday season, really poor business decisions if you ask me. Who knows though, maybe they'll have a surprise unveilling of it at E3, one can only hope. I know I won't be preorder one until I can actually see it in action, through a video or whatever. I need to see all its features and what not, or I'm not buying it, plain and simple....
Yeah, I'm the same way. If I don't know what I'm buying, I'm not buying it.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment