Nintendo to skip Direct this E3, Treehouse only

Untitled-2.png

Although Nintendo has not held a traditional press conference at E3 since 2012, for the last 3 years they have at least had a pre-filmed Nintendo Direct showing.

Unfortunately, even that is not the case this year and they have recently announced that their only showing for E3 2016 will be in the form of a live-streamed Nintendo Treehouse event devoted entirely to the new The Legend of Zelda game for both Wii U and the forthcoming NX.

The game will also be playable in some form at E3 so we can expect the game to be quite far along.

The currently titled The Legend of Zelda for both Wii U and NX is due to release sometime in 2017.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: Prans and nxwing

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"Make people lose interest in 3DS so we can sell NX" - evil laugh in back
Well the NX is a home console and the 3ds is a handheld. Most of the people use the 3ds because its alot cheaper and easier to access. We dont even know what the NX looks like. What is wrong with you Nintendo?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well the NX is a home console and the 3ds is a handheld. Most of the people use the 3ds because its alot cheaper and easier to access. We dont even know what the NX looks like. What is wrong with you Nintendo?

Rumours say NX will be both console and handheld

S

Saiyan Lusitano

If you're in to rpgs and JPOP Tokyo Mirage Session #FE might be a good game for you. Plus the 5.5.1 Keksploit has been leaked.

That's a game I've pre-ordered and hopefully it'll last for a really long time considering how dry Wii U will be after TMS-FE's out. Well, there'll also be Paper Mario: Colour Splash and Mario & Sonic 2017 Rio de Janeiro but can't say I'm interested in these two.

At least we'll get more mobile Nintendo games this year, y-yay?
Mario Kart could kinda work with motion controls but I prefer a controller instead.
Well at least they're not abandoning the WiiU with the new Zelda title. I was really fearing it would be NX only.
It's TP all over again but if that happened, I'd guess the small bunch of Wii U owners wouldn't be very happy. I've got Zelda 2017 on pre-order for Wii U and think I'll stick to that than buy Nintendo's new home console at launch.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus christ if Nintendo isn't doing anything literally no reason to care about E3.

Well they are considering fixing the problem.

Basically this is what I believe will happen once this new "Next Gen" Console stuff ends.

NX - Will support 3rd Party Games

Wii U - Will mostly only support 1st Party Games

3DS - Will mainly be kept for replacement of 2DS (For now?)

If they did not care why would they even consider keeping the company alive? (Apart from money benifits.)

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty disappointed. I never watch Nintendo Treehouse but the only one I ever watched was Super Mario Maker but it was insufferable. I really do hate commentary because I don't like hearing stupid commentary like that PewDiePie bullshit and yet people enjoy their commentary opinions. Nintendo should release E3 Special Demos on the eShop for future release games so people can play them and let them decide whether or not they want the game. Enjoying E3 right from your own home playing Demos for upcoming games sounds really nice idea am I right? I know they want to abandoned the Wii U I'm not saying the Wii U is horrible but the only thing it was lacking was Wii U games I know that was a very common issue also 3rd Party Support. I do find it very hypocritical that 3rd Party heavily relied it's previous system Nintendo Wii and made bank off of motion controls and ditched the Wii U because of bad press and stupid peoples opinions. I personally don't care for opinions because everyone is entitled to their opinion. As long as your happy with the product and some of the games you should be fine. I have a Nintendo Wii U I have 16 Retail Games on disc and 5 or 7 Digital Retail onesones too. I did download plenty of games on eShop exclusive games I do enjoy my Wii U hell I even Star Fox Zero despite the mixed reviews oh I meant other peoples opinionated views on the game. I do like the game it does have a learning curve to the game no game is perfect even if the game has a perfect flawless score on reviews.... I'm going to correct this let me be clear "Opinionated Views on the Game." But I think Nintendo should listen to their fans because people some people do have good ideas.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was under the impression that Treehouse was widely considered the worst part of Nintendo's 2015 E3 presentation, why is it now the only thing they're keeping?

Reactions: vayanui8

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I wonder Why the e3 still has such an hipe and why people think Nintendo is doing something wrong.
We all know times of games have changed and everything need to go faster and faster especially in the internet age.
Why should Nintendo (or any company ) "wait" for an e3 for big announcement and spend a lot of money to try to stick out from the sea of informations at the e3?
If there would be maybe 4x e3 a year, maybe you could still do that.
They can do the same with a view bugs at any day of the year and get a bigger WOW from the gamers because od the element of surprise.
Apart that, maybe the NX is not such a big innovation and easy to be copied.
Why risk that a company like Microsoft that has the money to do so, will beat them and birung something similar in the market faster.

Dann_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
The reason they are doing this is probably because they have no new titles for Wii U and the stuff for NX is either not yet developed enough to be presentable or is just being hidden from us until more info on NX is formally released. Either way it sucks but whatever

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.