Nintendo to broadcast another Nindies Showcase next week

If you're a fan of indie games, you'll be excited to know that Nintendo is planning on hosting another Nindies Showcase stream. On August 28th at 9 am PT, we'll be able to get a look at some of the upcoming independent games scheduled to release on the Nintendo Switch, including some of which that haven't been announced yet. The stream will be covered here on GBAtemp, where we'll summarize all the main topics and reveals. If you want to watch it live, you can tune in on Nintendo's YouTube account, linked above, or at their official site, below.

:arrow: Source

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's modern gaming in a nutshell since there are just as many shovelware AAA games out there. Switch has like 1/4th the indie collection of XB1/PS4 so far too, which means only 1/4th the shovelware.

Nice try, but also 1/4 or less of non shovelware. More like 1/8th. New aaa Switch exclusives are way too infrequent. It's got a crap library. Everyone just needs to accept the fact. There Iike not even 10 exclusives worth playing.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nice try, but also 1/4 or less of non shovelware. More like 1/8th. New aaa Switch exclusives are way too infrequent. It's got a crap library. Everyone just needs to accept the fact. There Iike not even 10 exclusives worth playing.
Around the same amount of exclusives worth playing as PS4 has. Which is definitely less than previous console generations, for both Sony and Nintendo. I think PS4 has a couple good ones to come yet, but Switch is still earlier in its lifespan, so its good exclusives will probably outnumber PS4's in the long run.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Around the same amount of exclusives worth playing as PS4 has. Switch is still earlier in its lifespan, so its good exclusives will probably outnumber PS4's in the long run.

Both of those satatements are complete nonsense imo. You're saying out of nearly 70 retail PS4 exclusives already released, there's maybe only 6-8 worth playing? LoL. C'mon. The Switch will NEVER catch up to the number of good exclusives the PS4 has.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Both of those satatements are complete nonsense imo. You're saying out of nearly 70 retail PS4 exclusives already released, there's maybe only 6-8 worth playing? LoL. C'mon. The Switch will NEVER catch up to the number of good exclusives the PS4 has.
Yeah, I bought my PS4 for a few specific games. Including my wishlist, it's ten, maybe twelve PS4 exclusives I find worth playing. There's a fair number of good remasters/HD versions from earlier PS gens, but I don't count those as exclusive.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I bought my PS4 for a few specific games. Including my wishlist, it's ten, maybe twelve PS4 exclusives I find worth playing. There's a fair number of good remasters/HD versions from earlier PS gens, but I don't count those as exclusive.

I guess it's all subjective anyway, so it's not really even worth discussing. Haha. Cheers.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I guess it's all subjective anyway, so it's not really even worth discussing. Haha. Cheers.
It is subjective, but there's no chance anybody is going to like all 70 PS4 exclusives either, considering among them are VR titles, sports titles, indie PSN downloads and etc. I guess my number does go up some if I'm counting PSN downloads like Shadow of the Beast and Matterfall, but that'd be the case for games like Golf Story on Switch too.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is subjective, but there's no chance anybody is going to like all 70 PS4 exclusives either, considering among them are VR titles, sports titles, indie PSN downloads and etc. I guess my number does go up some if I'm counting PSN downloads like Shadow of the Beast and Matterfall, but that'd be the case for games like Golf Story on Switch too.

Although I did say "nearly 70 RETAIL exclusives". If a person wants to include both retail AND psn exclusives, we're looking at approx 200.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Uncheck everything except Full. I wasn't even including not yet released titles in my number. The wiki page did & it still has less.
https://gematsu.com/exclusives/ps4
If I do that, there are even fewer games on that list that aren't pending or imports or PSN games. Around 50 from my count. That's still including games like "Knack" and "DJMax Respect" too, so obviously not all exclusives can be winners.

Last edited by Xzi,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I do that, there are even fewer games on that list that aren't pending or imports or PSN games.

Now that is a complete fabrication. The Wiki list includes unreleased, indies, and imports. You keep flipping on what games you want included in the comparisons.

What exactly do you want to compare here? Retail exclusives? PSN only exclusives? Import exclusives? All of them? I'll state it again, I was going strictly on retaily only, and only already released titles. In either case, the Wiki list is much smaller & less complete.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Now that is a complete fabrication. The Wiki list includes unreleased, indies, and imports. You keep flipping on what games you want included in the comparisons.

What exactly do you want to compare here? Retail exclusives? PSN only exclusives? Import exclusives? All of them? I'll state it again, I was going strictly on retaily only, and only already released titles. In either case, the Wiki list is much smaller & less complete.
Exactly, the wiki list also includes stuff it probably shouldn't. All told there's probably 50 released AAA global PS4 exclusives, of which there's around ten to fifteen shovelware-level titles. I'm sure most people can find about 20 PS4 games they'd enjoy, I myself have around that if you count remasters and PSN games. It won't take long before Switch has enough variety to rival that. The hits aren't coming as fast as previous generations, but I guess that's not surprising as each title takes more time to develop with each new generation.

Last edited by Xzi,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, the wiki list also includes stuff it probably shouldn't. All told there's probably 50 released AAA global PS4 exclusives, of which there's around ten to fifteen shovelware-level titles. I'm sure most people can find about 20 PS4 games they'd enjoy, I myself have around that if you count remasters and PSN games. It won't take long before Switch has enough variety to rival that. The hits aren't coming as fast as previous generations, but I guess that's not surprising as each title takes more time to develop with each new generation.

I just dont agre whatsoever that the Switch will be able to rival. PS4 has a decent enough list of upcoming titles, Switch does not. PS4 get's a steady enough flow of AAA retail titles, Switch does not. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I just dont agre whatsoever that the Switch will be able to rival. PS4 has a decent enough list of upcoming titles, Switch does not. PS4 get's a steady enough flow of AAA retail titles, Switch does not. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.
Not for the sake of argument, but this is clearly false. PS4 doesn't have as much lifespan left as Switch, and Nintendo releases a new AAA game like every month. The lower graphical fidelity is a boon to faster game production. Also, RDR2 probably won't be console exclusive, so unless you like walking simulators, PS4 really doesn't have anything exciting upcoming except Spider-Man. PS5 will almost certainly be announced in 2019, if not released the same year.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not for the sake of argument, but this is clearly false. PS4 doesn't have as much lifespan left as Switch, and Nintendo releases a new AAA game like every month. The lower graphical fidelity is a boon to faster game production. Also, RDR2 probably won't be console exclusive, so unless you like walking simulators, PS4 really doesn't have anything exciting upcoming except Spider-Man. PS5 will almost certainly be announced in 2019, if not released the same year.

Sorry man, but imo that's still a bunch of nonsense.

Concrete Genie, Bloodborne, Days Gone, Death Stranding, Detroit, Dreams, FFVII Remake, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon, inFamous: Second Son, Marvel's Spider-Man, Nioh 2, The Last of Us II, The Last Guardian, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 4, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, Until Dawn, Yakuzi Kiwami 2, Yakuza 6

vs

Bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem: 3 Houses, Kirby: Star Allies, Mario + Rabbids, Mario Tennis Aces, Metroid Prime 4, Octopath Traveler, Shin Megami Tensei V, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Party, Smash Bros, Yoshi, Xenoblade Chronicles 2. And 5 of those are Mario titles (including Yoshi).

Anyone who thinks the Switch has a better exclusive library than the PS4, now or in the future, is 100% delusional on the matter.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sorry man, but imo that's still a bunch of nonsense.

Concrete Genie, Bloodborne, Days Gone, Death Stranding, Detroit, Dreams, FFVII Remake, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon, inFamous: Second Son, Marvel's Spider-Man, Nioh 2, The Last of Us II, The Last Guardian, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 4, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, Until Dawn, Yakuzi Kiwami 2, Yakuza 6

vs

Bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem: 3 Houses, Kirby: Star Allies, Mario + Rabbids, Mario Tennis Aces, Metroid Prime 4, Octopath Traveler, Shin Megami Tensei V, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Party, Smash Bros, Yoshi, Xenoblade Chronicles 2. And 5 of those are Mario titles (including Yoshi).

Anyone who thinks the Switch has a better exclusive library than the PS4, now or in the future, is 100% delusional on the matter.
Switch hasn't even been out half as long as PS4 and you just named the same amount of notable exclusives. Which means it's impossible for Switch to not catch up if it keeps moving at the current rate, unless you believe somehow Switch and PS4 will reach EoL simultaneously (they won't).

Sony and Nintendo both have their pluses and minuses. My biggest gripe with Sony is that they release so many games that run at 30 FPS with dips. Nintendo manages 60 FPS in a lot of their titles on considerably weaker hardware.

Also I seriously doubt Nioh 2 will be exclusive since the first wasn't.

Last edited by Xzi,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch hasn't even been out half as long as PS4 and you just named the same amount of notable exclusives. Which means it's impossible for Switch to not catch up if it keeps moving at the current rate, unless you believe somehow Switch and PS4 will reach EoL simultaneously (they won't).

Sony and Nintendo both have their pluses and minuses. My biggest gripe with Sony is that they release so many games that run at 30 FPS with dips. Nintendo manages 60 FPS in a lot of their titles on considerably weaker hardware.

There were a good number of PS4 titles I left off. Secondly, the fps comment is like saying the PS4 couldn't run Switch exclusives at the same and higher framerates. Makes as much sense as saying lets see Gof of War running on the Switch with no graphical reductions. Really? Moot point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?