Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

slash260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I accidentally booted up into CFW on sysnand while migrating SD cards. I feel like an idiot. I did not go online with this and have a backup NAND which I am going to use. The problem that I have is that my raw and bin files are 30gb and exfat format is not working on my switch for some reason because I initialized it. I used the joiner application for joining my files together. Is there a splitter application that will split raw and bin files back to 4gb so I can load it on my fat32 card? Thanks!

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I accidentally booted up into CFW on sysnand while migrating SD cards. I feel like an idiot. I did not go online with this and have a backup NAND which I am going to use. The problem that I have is that my raw and bin files are 30gb and exfat format is not working on my switch for some reason because I initialized it. I used the joiner application for joining my files together. Is there a splitter application that will split raw and bin files back to 4gb so I can load it on my fat32 card? Thanks!
Use the Legal NSP Splitter tool. While it states that it is used for .NSP files, it can actually be used on any type of file. It will split your NAND into 4 GB chunks.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still no ban on my lite for trading mon to a hacked unit or back so i doubt it will be bannable (if they do it better not be console banned) anyways i have lan-play as a back up plan so i'm not worried anymore

PR3D4TOR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
This is a lot to take in. I have a few questions.

I got a switch with atmosphere, wifi configured.

- I only wanna play offline games (hacked versions of it, like pokemon games with difficulty rom hacks): Is there still a chance to get banned with .nsp installed and playing these games only offline?
- Is it safe to go online without downloading anything from the eshop and so on and only use the online features of the homebrew (eg the hb app store from atmosphere?)
- Can i check if the console is banned? (i do not wanna check the eshop with a hacked console and .nsp installed, so any other way to check without using official online features?)

kruptah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Receiving Error Code: 2124-4508 upon opening the Nintendo eShop with a message reading, "The use online services on this console is currently restricted by Nintendo."

However, I can still play my pirated games so this isn't an overly big deal, except that I'd like to install Overwatch to try on my Switch.

Even if I wasn't receiving that error code would I be able to play a pirated copy of Overwatch without being banned?

Let me know and I'll decide weather the right my ban of Nintendo's online services or not.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Receiving Error Code: 2124-4508 upon opening the Nintendo eShop with a message reading, "The use online services on this console is currently restricted by Nintendo."

However, I can still play my pirated games so this isn't an overly big deal, except that I'd like to install Overwatch to try on my Switch.

Even if I wasn't receiving that error code would I be able to play a pirated copy of Overwatch without being banned?

Let me know and I'll decide weather the right my ban of Nintendo's online services or not.

no thats the stupidist thing you can do is play pirated games online this isn't the 3ds you know

kruptah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no thats the stupidist thing you can do is play pirated games online this isn't the 3ds you know

Yes, you're absolutely correct.

Was surprised to see the XCI for Overwatch available for download nxbrew.com

Suppose where there's a will, there's a way.

However I will forgo playing it on the Switch as I already own it on PS4.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a lot to take in. I have a few questions.

I got a switch with atmosphere, wifi configured.

- I only wanna play offline games (hacked versions of it, like pokemon games with difficulty rom hacks): Is there still a chance to get banned with .nsp installed and playing these games only offline?
- Is it safe to go online without downloading anything from the eshop and so on and only use the online features of the homebrew (eg the hb app store from atmosphere?)
- Can i check if the console is banned? (i do not wanna check the eshop with a hacked console and .nsp installed, so any other way to check without using official online features?)
  • Yes
  • No
  • You cannot check if you are banned without risking a ban

Reactions: PR3D4TOR

BeRnYGP

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have been reading that some users are getting banned just for activating CFWs; but it seems the most users are using Atmosphere; so my question is that if you use XCIs only, but JUST XCIs, still get banned? I remember that the main purpose for using SXOS was for using XCIs online :wacko:

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been reading that some users are getting banned just for activating CFWs; but it seems the most users are using Atmosphere; so my question is that if you use XCIs only, but JUST XCIs, still get banned? I remember that the main purpose for using SXOS was for using XCIs online :wacko:
No and No
it doesn't matter what cfw you use or the type of pirated game. Online play with CFW gets you banned. XCI is only safe b/c its a cart game that doesn't leave ticket traces on your nand that installing NSP's would. Having Emunand or EmuMMC setup then that wouldn't matter. Lots of ppl are getting banned now thanks to pokemon ss everybody wants to hack a switch and edit their saves, but do little research on how to properly handle cfw.

Last edited by MasterJ360,
Reactions: BeRnYGP

BeRnYGP

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No and No
it doesn't matter what cfw you use or the type of pirated game. Online play with CFW gets you banned. XCI is only safe b/c its a cart game that doesn't leave ticket traces on your nand that installing NSP's would. Having Emunand or EmuMMC setup then that wouldn't matter. Lots of ppl are getting banned now thanks to pokemon ss everybody wants to hack a switch and edit their saves, but do little research on how to properly handle cfw.

Thanks for replying.
So if you use only XCIs and nothing more, is still kinda safe? (Obviously I know its not a 100% method)

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, if you don't have an emuMMC setup you will end up banned, even if you only use SXOS to play XCIs offline
That is not true, i use emmunand since it came and i am not banned, but also my sysnand is clean and my emunand is on a diferent sd card and is offline Everytime

Darkrai27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That is not true, i use emmunand since it came and i am not banned, but also my sysnand is clean and my emunand is on a diferent sd card and is offline Everytime
That's what I mean, that if you have an emummc always offline for CFW and homebrew stuff you will be right, but if you run XCI's with SXOS in your sysmmc and then you connect it to internet Nintendo will ban you (even if you were offline when you were into SXOS and whne you go online you load official OS)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: