Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Draxzelex, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    There appears to be evidence that bridging pins 9 & 10 together lead to a ban. That is why I have it listed under "Potential Categories".

2. Nezztor

Nezztor GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2016
    Mexico
    Mmm maybe they have done more things not like just the pins like just starting cfw and going online that is a request for a ban

3. slash260

slash260 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2019
    Canada
    Ahh that sucks. Used the tinfoil trick yesterday, just got a 3d printed jig today. Where does the evidence that you refer to come from?

4. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Ignore whatever the heck I just said. I think I may have one too many drinks today :rofl:

What I meant to say is the complete opposite; there is insufficient evidence that Nintendo bans people for shorting pins 9 & 10 which is why it is under "Potential Categories". Lord knows why my brain forgot to type "no" the first time but you should be pretty safe if all you did is enter RCM with pins 9 & 10.

5. slash260

slash260 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2019
    Canada
    Hahah! Fair enough, thanks! Why is there less risk when you bridge 1 & 10 vs. 9 & 10?

6. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Bridging pins 9 & 10 appear to semi-brick the Joy-Con unlike shorting pins 1 or 7 with 10. The theory was that Nintendo could possibly detect pings 9 & 10 being bridged which could then lead to an increased ban chance but statistics have failed to show that.

7. slash260

slash260 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2019
    Canada
    That sounds good, thank you for the reply! My RCM jig works great now.
    Do you know if there is a way to prevent online access on EMUNAND? I have Incognito and 90DNS downloaded, but I worry that my family may go online accidentally. Is there a homebrew app that completely removes the option to access online?

Thanks!

8. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Having just Incognito or 90DNS is sufficient. Having both is overkill.

9. slash260

slash260 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2019
    Canada
    Haha fair enough, just wary of the thought of being banned.

Draxzelex likes this.
  10. JeepX87

JeepX87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    I'm using Atmosphere and creport seems not working as intended, so I got one error that registered in Switch's NAND over airplane mode enabled.

11. Psychdelic

Psychdelic GBAtemp Regular

Nov 25, 2013
    United States
    Can you use the eShop on the Switch? N
    If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to? Mid 2018

Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? Y

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? M
    Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
    Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
    SX OS used? N
    Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? N
    Trimmed .XCI? N
    Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N
    Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
    Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
    Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? N
    What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? Modding
    Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? N
    Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? N
    Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
    Used DevMenu? Y
    Installed any .NSP? Y
    Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
    Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
    Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
    Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? N
    Did you ever use ReiNX? Y
    Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y (Checkpoint, Goldleaf, Edizon, NXShell)
    Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? N
    Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
    AutoRCM? Hekate
    Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? Y
    Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
    receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? N
    What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Y: N
    Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
    Console/Account Region(s) USA
    What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? PC
    Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y
    If Banned, provide proof (video preferred) Online services have been blah blah
    DNS not hijacked, so maybe I was banned in 2018 and hadn't realized it since I only tried to get online just now. 90DNS always on. Maybe something I did before I installed Atmos or while using ReinX at first.

Draxzelex likes this.
  12. pofehof

pofehof Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2019
    United States
    Bumping with this again in case anyone has info on it.

13. UserlsMyName

UserlsMyName Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2019
    United States
    is error code 2123-0011 ban ? i have used cfw and and installed nsp i cant play online or acsess the eshop

Attached Files:

14. defaq

defaq Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
    Argentina
    is it possible to restore my nand using only the partial backups that hekate created? i dont have a 32gb sd

15. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Does not seem like a ban error code upon checking Google.

You need a complete NAND backup.

16. Mi460

Mi460 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2019
    United States
    Hateno Village
    A hardware exploit like that literally can not be detected by Nintendy in any way shape or form, however it is good that you are cautious of getting banned. Offline EmuMMCs are currently the most safe way to prevent bans. Stay safe, my friend.

17. MyconMama

MyconMama Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Still not banned. Have really been enjoying Pokemon Shield online! It would tentatively seem that having CFW files on your SD card, having NoGC patch enabled when booting to stock, and booting stock thru Hekate (to prevent fuse burning) are not currently triggering bans.

Draxzelex likes this.
  18. Silver324

Silver324 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2018
    Germany
    Greetings everyone, I finally managed it today...
    ..after one year+ on SXOS I DID THE F*CK manage it being "Normal"-banned (error code 2124-4508 and 2181-4008) although I ALWAYS took a hell of precautions by:

-playing in a clean sys-nand+BOOT0/1 backup made with hekate after each time I used Homebrew on CFW, before going online on OFW,
    -avoided going online on CFW and always cut any internet connection before + enabling plane mode,
    -only used xci and never installed .nsp-files except for game-updates (which worked fine for 1 year),
    -never used autorcm
    -SXOS stealth mode enabled,
    -never used Choidujour(NX)
    -used rcm-loader to boot into CFW

All that stuff worked fine for me for 1 year; the ONLY suspicious thing I did yesterday was downloading and using a 14.88 gb version of Pokemon Shield as XCI until I suddenly noticed that kind of locally wifi-symbol in the home-menu while playing it (no internet-connection; it was disabled and deleted in settings, but that strange looking wifi-symbol scared the heck out of me). After playing in my sysnand backup, I tried to check the eshop on OFW and suddenly it was shown as banned, which worked just fine 3 days ago.
    Does anyone know what the heck that 14.88 gb of Pokemon Shield on 1fichier.com is and why Pokemon Sword is about 10 gb in size, which seems to be the default size for this game, while Shield is there with 14.88 gb??
    Was that wifi-like symbol a kind of StreetPass like from the 3DS?#
    What do you guys think was the actual reason for this?

Karma is not on my side atm..., got tracked down by police recently bc I was riding an e-scooter that is prohibited in my country, which might be punished with up to 600 bucks..

Thank you.

EDIT: Ok that wifi symbol was the Local Wireless Connection of Sw&Sh so no need to suspect it since, even if air plane mode was disabled, all internet settings were deleted either.

At this time, I am so freaking wondering what I just did recently that caused this stuff that I haven't done all the time before..
    Sure I never used an EMUnand, but that was fine for 1 year playing in the backed up sys-nand everytime..

EDIT2: So the 14.88 gb version of Shield that I used is the untrimmed version of the xci, right? No reason getting banned I guess.. next time I would definitely use that EMUnand for sure, but I doubt there will be another Switch in my life that I will hack again; next one is for online only, still screw that whole s*it

Last edited by Silver324, Nov 17, 2019
  19. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Would prefer if you utilize the form in the first post rather than this "essay"

20. Willuks

Willuks Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2019
    Brazil
    Anyone got the error "2124-4517
    Nintendo services are temporally unavailable"? Idk what this means, got 3 times the same error trying to use clean and restored OFW nand. :(

Is this a ban? Any chance of change?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted