Newcomer

Spain
    Perfect, Thanks

Draxzelex likes this.
  2. slash260

slash260 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hello, I accidentally booted up into CFW on sysnand while migrating SD cards. I feel like an idiot. I did not go online with this and have a backup NAND which I am going to use. The problem that I have is that my raw and bin files are 30gb and exfat format is not working on my switch for some reason because I initialized it. I used the joiner application for joining my files together. Is there a splitter application that will split raw and bin files back to 4gb so I can load it on my fat32 card? Thanks!

3. Draxzelex

OP Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Use the Legal NSP Splitter tool. While it states that it is used for .NSP files, it can actually be used on any type of file. It will split your NAND into 4 GB chunks.

4. slash260

slash260 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Ok! thanks so much. Does it also number the rawandbin from 00-14?

5. Draxzelex

United States
    No it doesn't number them although it should not matter for Hekate.

6. slash260

slash260 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    ah it didnt work. Error message read "The split file must be a multiple of 4MiB"
    Any ideas?

7. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    still no ban on my lite for trading mon to a hacked unit or back so i doubt it will be bannable (if they do it better not be console banned) anyways i have lan-play as a back up plan so i'm not worried anymore

8. RedScaledOne

RedScaledOne Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
  9. Draxzelex

United States
    Try to find a splitter online that will split it into 2 GB chunks since that is what Hekate dumps partial NAND dumps as.

10. PR3D4TOR

PR3D4TOR Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    This is a lot to take in. I have a few questions.

I got a switch with atmosphere, wifi configured.

- I only wanna play offline games (hacked versions of it, like pokemon games with difficulty rom hacks): Is there still a chance to get banned with .nsp installed and playing these games only offline?
    - Is it safe to go online without downloading anything from the eshop and so on and only use the online features of the homebrew (eg the hb app store from atmosphere?)
    - Can i check if the console is banned? (i do not wanna check the eshop with a hacked console and .nsp installed, so any other way to check without using official online features?)

11. kruptah

kruptah Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Receiving Error Code: 2124-4508 upon opening the Nintendo eShop with a message reading, "The use online services on this console is currently restricted by Nintendo."

However, I can still play my pirated games so this isn't an overly big deal, except that I'd like to install Overwatch to try on my Switch.

Even if I wasn't receiving that error code would I be able to play a pirated copy of Overwatch without being banned?

Let me know and I'll decide weather the right my ban of Nintendo's online services or not.

12. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    no thats the stupidist thing you can do is play pirated games online this isn't the 3ds you know

13. kruptah

kruptah Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Yes, you're absolutely correct.

Was surprised to see the XCI for Overwatch available for download nxbrew.com

Suppose where there's a will, there's a way.

However I will forgo playing it on the Switch as I already own it on PS4.

14. Draxzelex

United States
    • Yes
    • No
    • You cannot check if you are banned without risking a ban

PR3D4TOR likes this.
  15. BeRnYGP

BeRnYGP GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    I have been reading that some users are getting banned just for activating CFWs; but it seems the most users are using Atmosphere; so my question is that if you use XCIs only, but JUST XCIs, still get banned? I remember that the main purpose for using SXOS was for using XCIs online :wacko:

16. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    No and No
    it doesn't matter what cfw you use or the type of pirated game. Online play with CFW gets you banned. XCI is only safe b/c its a cart game that doesn't leave ticket traces on your nand that installing NSP's would. Having Emunand or EmuMMC setup then that wouldn't matter. Lots of ppl are getting banned now thanks to pokemon ss everybody wants to hack a switch and edit their saves, but do little research on how to properly handle cfw.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    BeRnYGP likes this.
  17. BeRnYGP

BeRnYGP GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Thanks for replying.
    So if you use only XCIs and nothing more, is still kinda safe? (Obviously I know its not a 100% method)

18. Darkrai27

Darkrai27 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    No, if you don't have an emuMMC setup you will end up banned, even if you only use SXOS to play XCIs offline

Draxzelex and BeRnYGP like this.
  19. aerios169

aerios169 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    That is not true, i use emmunand since it came and i am not banned, but also my sysnand is clean and my emunand is on a diferent sd card and is offline Everytime

20. Darkrai27

Darkrai27 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    That's what I mean, that if you have an emummc always offline for CFW and homebrew stuff you will be right, but if you run XCI's with SXOS in your sysmmc and then you connect it to internet Nintendo will ban you (even if you were offline when you were into SXOS and whne you go online you load official OS)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, Banning, Warning