Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Draxzelex, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Can you try accessing the eShop?

2. MushGuy

MushGuy GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    That requires linking my account.

3. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    The only other thing I can think of is trying to update a game as bans nowadays seem to prevent game updates.

4. MushGuy

MushGuy GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    Well, it seems that I am not banned yet, since updates are downloaded anyway... for now.

Draxzelex likes this.
  5. JeepX87

JeepX87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    You have go online like open eShop to find out if you are banned.

6. Fraugran

Fraugran Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2019
    United States
    I am curious on the current state of affairs for those with "temporary bans", for those who have it, has there been any changes in one's circumstance or nothing as of yet?

7. unvaluablespace

unvaluablespace GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2014
    United States
    Just recently installed 90dns tester on my switch and it seems I haven't been properly blocking my hacked switch this whole time. Every site says unblocked even though I've added various blocklists to my pihole in an effort to create my own DNS blocking server. I assume this switch is banned by now but I have a few questions:

What's the point of blocking a switch from being banned if we are effectively banning ourselves in doing so? Is it solely for the purpose of hoping we can restore it to nonhacked switch after the fact and still play online?

What if I don't care about playing online? Would there be any OTHER reason to try preventing my switch from getting banned?

I have 2 other unhacked switches at home. Are these switches at any risk of being banned if I stopped caring about blocking Nintendo server access just for my hacked switch? Like could they be banned just by association on the same network or something? (The 2 unhacked switches have their own separate Nintendo IDs, not associated with my hacked switch, other than being on the same home network and internet)

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    an unbanned system will always be worth more than a banned one. I guess it's the fact that the system is kinda tainted. that's why I bought another ps3. despite not caring about online, I do like the option. and, if I go to sell the system and it's banned, most people are not going to be interested. and, the ones who are, aren't going to be willing to pay very much for it.

9. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You basically answered the first question yourself. The only point in banning yourself temporarily is that you have a way of preventing the permanent ban once you remove the temporary ban in the form of a clean NAND. Otherwise, you are just delaying the inevitable.

Second question was already answered by the gentleman above me.

Consoles (for the most part) get banned for hacking. Any other reason is ludicrous.

10. Piglet

Piglet Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    hey guys in the middle of installing atmosphere on 9.01, accidentally booted up OFW with the jig inserted and SD card with all the hacking files on it, will this alone cause an error code on the switch which will get me banned ? paranoid is an understatement lol

11. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Nintendo does not scan for files on the SD card as that can easily lead to false positives. There is also no evidence Nintendo knows we are using jigs to enter RCM and even if they did, there are no bans associated with only using jigs.

Piglet likes this.
  12. Piglet

Piglet Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    cheers mate thats the answer i wanted to hear a bit of peace at mind ...appreciated

Draxzelex likes this.
  13. defaq

defaq Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
    Argentina
    This is how I use my switch, can i go back online??
    1. I installed reinx on firmware 4.0 around a year ago
    2. I never went online after that.
    3. I played backup games on CFW but i remember two times that i, by mistake, tried to open a game in OFW and got an error.
    4. I always updated the switch using choidujournx.
    Now i want to delete my CFW and go online in my OFW after a year, will i get banned?
    if so, clearing error logs, will help?
    i dont have nand backup
    thanks.

14. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If you don't have a clean NAND dump, then your chances are all down to luck. You cannot even clear your error logs as the tool to do has been depreciated on account of increasing the chances of a ban.

defaq likes this.
  15. defaq

defaq Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
    Argentina
    Thanks, i will see if i got luck.

One thing more, before doing this i want to unlink my nintendo switch account because i have digital games purchased and i dont want to lost all my games for a possible ban.

It is possible unlink my account, reset my switch to default and then register a new account on my switch?

16. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Bans are primarily console-based, not account-based. You can also setup your Nintendo Account on multiple consoles without fear of another ban as many other users have done when one of their consoles get banned.

defaq likes this.
  17. defaq

defaq Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
    Argentina
    Thank you! i will post an update if i got ban or not.

Draxzelex likes this.
  18. defaq

defaq Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
    Argentina
    Well, i disabled AutoRCM, erased all data from my switch in configurations, and then connected to wifi and didn't get banned.
    I already played online, updated the switch to 8.1 and downloaded games from eshop.
    I'm lucky or maybe they will ban me later :P

19. nick99627

nick99627 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2019
    Italy
    Hello everyone, i have a similar situation to previous user but I have sx os and I run emunand. I also did a nand backup before hacking. What is the safest way to try to get online again? Just remove sd card and boot into sysnand and update? Or first i need to reset the console and restore from a backup? Thanks everyone

20. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You need to restore your clean NAND backup.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted