Nintendo puts rumors of Skyward Sword on Switch to rest, no current plans for a port

zelda-skyward-sword-image-768x432.jpg

During a recent Legend of Zelda concert that took place in Japan, Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma made a comment on stage that drove fans to think that Nintendo was possibly planning to port the Wii's The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword to the Switch. He taunted the audience when questioned about Breath of the Wild, replying with "are you sure you don't want to ask about a Switch version of Skyward Sword?" which a reference to an earlier moment where the concert's host had expressed how much they enjoyed the music of Skyward Sword. This set sites into a frenzy, wondering if Aonuma's comment meant something more. However, an official statement from Nintendo today has grounded such ideas. According to the company, they, "have no plans to release The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on Nintendo Switch" at this time.

Reactions: Soulsilve2010

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oddly enough the only thing I really remember about Skyward Sword (since I played it through super fast and promptly moved onto the next game on my backlog...) was how annoying and enraged I was that EVERY time you would power up the Wii and boot the game and resume playing and when you collected a loot item THAT YOU ALREADY OWNED it would DO IT'S STUPID LITTLE ANIMATION AND MAKE YOU SLOW READ THE ENTIRE LOOT ITEM DESCRIPTION AGAIN. Like seriously how was this never caught in the debugging and testing? Did everyone play in a single setting and not in 30-45 minutes bursts like me? But seriously also why in the crap was the text so stinking SLOW in this game? And why did Link's companion sword thingie spoil the solution of EVERY puzzle every time you entered a new area? OK looks like I am remembering more now. One bad memory leads to another.
ikr
it annoys me too, but I get over it easily enough :)

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's safe to ignore nintendo when they say "we're totally not doing a thing". They'll say that right up until they say "okay, it'll be released next year". They've always done this, and probably always will. them saying they're not working on it could be true or a complete lie. You just never know.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Kind of a shame really, I imagine with the Joycon's better gyro hardware Skyward Sword wouldn't control like utter ass like it does on the Wii. I remember having to calibrate the Wiimote Plus all the time when I played through it initially, was quite annoying when you whiffed a stupid diagonal slice during a boss fight because the Wii Motion Plus can't stay calibrated for more than 5 minutes.

Though knowing Nintendo, I'm sure this is just PR bullshit for "we're totally doing this but maybe not for another year or two", so meh.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im pretty sure this game will make it to the Switch the joycons will be perfect for it in replace of the wii motion an easy port so why not. May not be the favorable Zelda, but its finally getting away from the shackles of Wii

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: thorasgar

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
That's not 8k, that's barely past 4k.
read more carefully
almost to 8k (this is an old ishiiruka dolphin btw, I'm sure you can go to 8k and beyond in newer builds of base dolphin too).
and 8k is 7680×4320. the Y axis is very close to 8k even in that old version of dolphin.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
personally i found wii offers the best and unique experience to play 3D zelda games, the REASON why tempers hate SS that because it's their incurable laziness prevent them to play on FEET, so far away from potato chips and soft sofa.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
read more carefully

and 8k is 7680×4320. the Y axis is very close to 8k even in that old version of dolphin.
Yes, but 8K denotes the horizontal axis and that is nowhere near it. Like I said, it's barely past 4K, as with Dolphin you want the horizontal width to match or exceed that of your monitor and scaled vertically rather than stretched horizontally.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

personally i found wii offers the best and unique experience to play 3D zelda games, the REASON why tempers hate SS that because it's their incurable laziness prevent them to play on FEET, so far away from potato chips and soft sofa.
You played SS standing? :lol:
I never had a problem with playing it sitting down, the problem was that the motion controls simply required too much accuracy for the moves you had to make to damage many enemies, and the Wiimotes aren't that accurate. Still thoroughly enjoyed the game though, I just took more damage than I should have due to difficult controls.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.