Nintendo puts rumors of Skyward Sword on Switch to rest, no current plans for a port

zelda-skyward-sword-image-768x432.jpg

During a recent Legend of Zelda concert that took place in Japan, Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma made a comment on stage that drove fans to think that Nintendo was possibly planning to port the Wii's The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword to the Switch. He taunted the audience when questioned about Breath of the Wild, replying with "are you sure you don't want to ask about a Switch version of Skyward Sword?" which a reference to an earlier moment where the concert's host had expressed how much they enjoyed the music of Skyward Sword. This set sites into a frenzy, wondering if Aonuma's comment meant something more. However, an official statement from Nintendo today has grounded such ideas. According to the company, they, "have no plans to release The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on Nintendo Switch" at this time.

Reactions: Soulsilve2010

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You know what turned people off from Skyward Sword, the motion controls, I've never played more than 15 minutes of it total because I couldn't fathom playing with waggle controls.

I'm still waiting for a motion control-less version (which fans have made) so Nintendo can do as well. (someone mentioned they'd have to swallow their pride, well pride be damned...) they like money so just do it.

My advice, buy a Wii U if you want WW HD. Wii U's got three excellent Zelda games on it, I don't want to see all of the Wii U's library cannibalized for what a few fans who don't want to buy the Wii U...that's just lazy. (these are the same people who say they're diehard Nintendo fans too, btw)
The WII U is not a portable console. Need a console and a tv, the switch port can be interesting, but not for me, I don't like this one.( skyward sword)

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
For everyone who keep saying SS is a trash, did you actually play the game? Or you just saw others trashing the game and you just copy paste that?
Motion control was a pain in the ass sometimes for a game that it take 50 to 60 hours to beat, but for me SS and TP was the best Zelda games.
At least they have a story, good soundtracks and dungeons.

D

Deleted User

My advice, buy a Wii U if you want WW HD. Wii U's got three excellent Zelda games on it, I don't want to see all of the Wii U's library cannibalized for what a few fans who don't want to buy the Wii U...that's just lazy. (these are the same people who say they're diehard Nintendo fans too, btw)
I've had multiple Wii U consoles in the past, lost one in a flood and had the other one stolen. Would rather not have to buy another dead console for the third time just to play one game that'll most likely get ported to the Switch anyway.

Thanks for the advice though.

LWGShane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Friendly Reminder: This is the same company that said they were OK with the current 3DS and then announced a revision the next day.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And why did Link's companion sword thingie spoil the solution of EVERY puzzle every time you entered a new area?

Fi is far worse than Navi.

and the motion+ controls were nearly perfect, if they didn't work for you, you probably had a hardware issue (up to and possibly including the "hardware" between your ears)

Last edited by tbb043,

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I expect SS to come to Switch, but the real question is if Nintendo is bold enough to report the three that released on Wii U.

RPG_FAN128

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Fi is far worse than Navi.

and the motion+ controls were nearly perfect, if they didn't work for you, you probably had a hardware issue (up to and possibly including the "hardware" between your ears)

Yes. This.

I remember at the beginning of Ocarina in the Deku tree you find yourself needing to reach a ledge and a square block object that maybe, just maybe you can push over and make like a simulated set of stairs. But alas Navi tells you exactly what to do. But no, Fi has to do this THE ENTIRE SKYWARD SWORD GAME. Why Nintendo, why?

Awesomekid956000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see why they wouldnt need to port this game. With it being not so beloved as twilight princess, and Wii's being so dirt cheap to get and buy a copy of Skyward Sword, what would be the point of porting it. Atleast in the wind waker, and twilight princess's defense they had been ported to the wii u with all this content added, with barely anyone owning a Wii U. It makes sense to port them since they are great remakes no one got to try. What would be the point of remaking/porting SS? To look at it in HD and barely anything else seems pointless to slap a $60 price tag on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte