Nintendo puts rumors of Skyward Sword on Switch to rest, no current plans for a port

zelda-skyward-sword-image-768x432.jpg

During a recent Legend of Zelda concert that took place in Japan, Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma made a comment on stage that drove fans to think that Nintendo was possibly planning to port the Wii's The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword to the Switch. He taunted the audience when questioned about Breath of the Wild, replying with "are you sure you don't want to ask about a Switch version of Skyward Sword?" which a reference to an earlier moment where the concert's host had expressed how much they enjoyed the music of Skyward Sword. This set sites into a frenzy, wondering if Aonuma's comment meant something more. However, an official statement from Nintendo today has grounded such ideas. According to the company, they, "have no plans to release The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on Nintendo Switch" at this time.

Reactions: Soulsilve2010

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You played SS standing? :lol:
I never had a problem with playing it sitting down, the problem was that the motion controls simply required too much accuracy for the moves you had to make to damage many enemies, and the Wiimotes aren't that accurate. Still thoroughly enjoyed the game though, I just took more damage than I should have due to difficult controls.
Yes, thankfully my living room is big enough without any unnecessary furniture and i had plenty of space!
And I played Twilight Princess standing too!
Dude, i can image how u guys play this game while sitting on anything.....

Last edited by leon315,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, thankfully my living room is big enough without any unnecessary furniture and i had plenty of space!
And I played Twilight Princess standing too!
Dude, i can image how u guys play this game while sitting on anything.....
I usually played Guitar Hero standing, but playing Zelda standing would get tiring I think. I usually don't play Guitar Hero for hours at a time.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always read their words and their favourite word is: ""have no plans to release *title* on *any consoles/portable" at this time" Not surprised. Always! LOL! :rolleyes:

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Yes, but 8K denotes the horizontal axis and that is nowhere near it. Like I said, it's barely past 4K, as with Dolphin you want the horizontal width to match or exceed that of your monitor and scaled vertically rather than stretched horizontally.
Given the wii native resolution it is as close to 8k as you can get without getting past in any axis.
but we are moving the goalpost now. the original point was that you can emulate at even higher resolutions than 4k.

sin-titulo-png.150577

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    285.9 KB · Views: 360

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it wasn't just the motion controls that made this game terrible here are just a few of it's many faults

• using motion controls to swim
  • using motion controls to throw bombs half the time it never worked properly
  • using motion controls to glide and land i practically had to turn the fucking remote upside down to get it to work properly most of the time
  • the motionplus sucked and didn't work properly
  • being told everytime a description of what i've picked up including rupees
  • terrible tear drop collecting stages
  • having to fight the same boss 3 times with a time limit.
  • that terrible swimming mini game stage
  • fi being worse than navi ever was
  • hardly any side quests i think i remember maybe one about some chandelier you had to fix and the quests for that sucked too
  • hardly no exploration whatsoever
yeah keep the shit on the wii nintendo don't want it on the switch. port WW HD instead :P

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Given the wii native resolution it is as close to 8k as you can get without getting past in any axis.
but we are moving the goalpost now. the original point was that you can emulate at even higher resolutions than 4k.

sin-titulo-png.150577
Wii does this odd thing where it renders 16:9 to 4:3 which is stretched by the display/emulator giving less horizontal pixels than vertical, which is why it's preferred to have a bigger image and scale it vertically rather than a small image stretched horizontally, that's what I was trying to say.
But yeah, it can certainly do 4K. Which is more than you need really. I don't think they've increased the max internal resolution since then, but you probably wouldn't benefit from it anyway, 8K is just completely pointless on a monitor/TV.

Reactions: Sakitoshi

Ginger OfOZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mixed feelings about this. Id the joy-cons would do a better job of motion controls than the Wii Motion+, then this could have been great! But the Wii was also a huge console, so Skyward Sword did get a pretty sizable audience in comparison to the GC Zelda games. I honestly don't think we're going to get any more 3D remakes for a long time, seeing as all 3D Zelda games prior to Skyward Sword got a remake last gen. I don't have an issue with them porting those games to Switch though, so long as they don't try to sell them for $60 like a new title.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
According to the company, they, "have no plans to release The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on Nintendo Switch" at this time.

Translation: we're definitely working on it, but we're not ready to announce it yet, so we're just gonna lie to your face with this statement.

I am also willing to bet that Super Mario 3D World Switch port is being worked on and it will release after New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe. In fact, every first party wiiu games will be ported.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Translation: we're definitely working on it, but we're not ready to announce it yet, so we're just gonna lie to your face with this statement.

I am also willing to bet that Super Mario 3D World Switch port is being worked on and it will release after New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe. In fact, every first party wiiu games will be ported.
yay cant wait for twilight princess hd on Switch

Last edited by Noctosphere,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
yay cant wait for twilight princess hd on Switch
Twilight Princess HD XL

In all honesty, I hope they backport some of their better first party titles. Yeah, I said it. The WiiU had some great titles, but everything else about it so awkward and stupid.

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't really care less about Skyward Sword in all honesty. Wind Waker is the only one I really want ported to the Switch.

You know what turned people off from Skyward Sword, the motion controls, I've never played more than 15 minutes of it total because I couldn't fathom playing with waggle controls.

I'm still waiting for a motion control-less version (which fans have made) so Nintendo can do as well. (someone mentioned they'd have to swallow their pride, well pride be damned...) they like money so just do it.

My advice, buy a Wii U if you want WW HD. Wii U's got three excellent Zelda games on it, I don't want to see all of the Wii U's library cannibalized for what a few fans who don't want to buy the Wii U...that's just lazy. (these are the same people who say they're diehard Nintendo fans too, btw)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone