Gaming Nintendo have released Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the eShop 50% off £8.99

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But Wii U has no games. I'm not even parroting here. Like it gets a couple big releases but it has no consistency. It got Smash Bros. in what, November? When's the next big game for it?

Meanwhile the XB1 and PS4 have consistent releases from first and third party developers.

It's N64 all over again but I don't mind it. I have a giant backlog of games to play and I'm a slow gamer in the sense that I rather split my games up into bits over a year and a half worth of time rather than blow through my games in a week. The only break to that rule is episodic games like Walking Dead, where I get so sucked into the story that I just want to finish. Even then I can just take each episode and play them over a course of time.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
But Wii U has no games. I'm not even parroting here. Like it gets a couple big releases but it has no consistency. It got Smash Bros. in what, November? When's the next big game for it?

Meanwhile the XB1 and PS4 have consistent releases from first and third party developers.

Well i guess if you don't like the games that are on the console its totally fine. But you can't deny that the system does have them. I mean i hate the Xbox One with a passion i think it's a step back from the 360, which was a step back from the OG Xbox. But am i saying that it doesn't have games? Of course not, because the Xbox One has games but i don't really care for like any of those games but i still acknowledge them.

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Judging from the avaliabiliy of the manuals, the US version of Wii VC Kirby return to dream land might be released.
When you tap Manual when opening up the Wii VC SMG2, the browser will show this link:
m1.nintendo.net/docvc/RVL/USA/SB4E/SB4E_E.pdf[SB4E is the ID4 of NTSC-U SMG2]
On the announcement for Wii VC at the website of Nintendo Japan, this link leads to the manual of Kirby RDL manual:
m1.nintendo.net/docvc/RVL/JPN/SUKJ/SUKJ_J.pdf [SUKJ is the ID4 of NTSC-J KRDL]
I merged these two and got:m1.nintendo.net/docvc/RVL/USA/SUKE/SUKE_E.pdf
Page avaliable. :)
[Donkey Kong Returns for US also works, but I can't get Punch-Out and Metriod Trilogy's manual links to work. Probably Nintendo uses a different link for Wii games who have their ID RXXX?:unsure: ]

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Physical Disc, $20+. Since I want the case+manual, it's gonna be at least $30 - $45. Something I cannot afford currently and I want the disc in very good condition also. So, it's gonna cost me a lot.
That's crazy. SMG2 can be found in bargain bins here for $15. Retailers are almost begging for customers to buy them since they're old Wii games that nobody cares about. I guess it's different in the US, then. (And this is what, the 4th re-release of SMG2 (in Europe)? Original run with bonus DVD, 2nd run without DVD, 3rd run as Nintendo Selects, 4th run on eShop.)

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
As mentioned in another thread before:

#1 The game runs in vWii
#2 You still need the Wiimote+Nunchuck to play it (They made it quite clear that only games that supported the classic controller WILL be able to played on the gamepad)
#3 This isn't a new feature at all there already was a game on Wii that could (well must) be played from a HDD, Dragon Quest X but was released in japan only. ( http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS59 )

Can I get the link to that thread? Can't seem to find it.. :(

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what other Wii games that will release in the eshop after Metroid Prime Trilogy? I hope they put Metroid: Other M. I never got a chance to play that.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Does anyone know what other Wii games that will release in the eshop after Metroid Prime Trilogy? I hope they put Metroid: Other M. I never got a chance to play that.

Metroid: Other M is one of the cheapest Wii games out there and I doubt Nintendo would actually sell it for even less than it's going.

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, the game was that bad? lol

Anyway, i see Kirby return to Dreamland for Wii will be released too.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it wasn't that bad. It could be pretty annoying in the beginning when Samus keeps droning on about the baby, but it had some pretty good action gameplay. It's a bit satisfying to put an enemy in a head-lock and blast him in the face with a charge shot.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Why are you comparing the PS3 to the Wii U? PS3's competitor was the 360 and it's PlayStation so it was bound to rise up again since it had support from customers around Europe and Japan, then also America (mainly where Xbox sells at its highest). Also remember, once Sony went with PS3 Slim things got a lot better for them due to the lower prices, low failure rate, free online play, awesome exclusives and more.

Wii U will never achieve the popularity and profitability of 360 or PS3, and I think most Nintendo fans have realised it.

I don't think anyone would want their device to achieve the profitability of the PS3, considering it drained all of Sony's PS2 profits and then some.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Anyway, i see Kirby return to Dreamland for Wii will be released too.

Other M wasn't really a good -Metroid- game and had its share of issues, but it was fun to play. The worst are probably the near impossible I-spy sections and the story.
Other M is in my option better than those crappy Prime games.

...how exactly is the prime series crappy? They did basically everything Metroid games normally do right, there was a ton of hidden lore to discover, the story wasn't shoved in your face (for the first one, at least), lots of hidden upgrades, pretty environments, very nicely masked loading times... I and most others loved those games.

Reactions: the_randomizer

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope somebody will figure out how to dump these Wii eshop rereleases once the kernel exploit is out so we can examine the contents (of course decryption would be necessary but still) so we can see how it works and look for ways to exploit it :P

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Other M is in my option better than those crappy Prime games.
extras___are_you_having_a_laugh__by_comptonassbenny-d7m4gzc.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.