Why Super Mario Galaxy is the Saddest Mario Game Ever Made?

jelie2310

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Galaxy is one of the most beloved games in the Mario franchise. But beyond its fun gameplay and colorful visuals, it's also known for its emotional impact. Some players have found the game to be surprisingly sad and lonely, while others see it as a beautiful and touching story. In this forum debate, we'll discuss the emotional impact of Super Mario Galaxy and whether it's a sad or uplifting game.
I have made a video showcasing why i find it to have a beautiful sadness over it, which i want to share with you guys!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah! Really sweet sadness, and lonely feeling is allways here when we are in space. I didn't play the galaxy 2, I don't know why, should I?
better game imo. it doesn't have a hub, which is the main difference. though, you could say it's worse in a way, since these levels were left on the cutting age floor from the first game.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Never played a Mario game for story.
Giant mutant turtle-like creature kidnaps stupid woman in pink dress for the millionths time.

There are quite some logical blunders in the story of Super Mario Galaxy 1 (regarding Rosalina and the Lumas). The reason for Mario going on this adventure in the first place is… no surprise said brainless woman in the pink dress.

Okay. I'll take the story: (:creep: + :evil:)
In my opinion, Mario should have asked Rosalina to go home with him and replace Peach (who is thoroughly unable to take care of herself and/or seems to enjoy being with Bowser for decades). Loneliness solved and forever free of the duty of saving lamebrained damsel in distress.
=======

To be serious, not even paying attention to any story: Both Galaxy games are very good games. I enjoyed them way more than Mario Sunshine and even a bit more than Mario 64 which holds a special place in my heart.

• Haha
Reactions: jelie2310

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
better game imo. it doesn't have a hub, which is the main difference. though, you could say it's worse in a way, since these levels were left on the cutting age floor from the first game.
It feels like there are a lot more levels though, and you spend less time in each. I like the variety, personally. Even though a lot of them feel more like Super Mario 3D Land/World levels, they don't have the 3D gravity aspect to them.
But I agree, it's a better game.

boot3

Internet trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't say that Galaxy ever really made me sad per say, but I mean I can see why it would for some people. I like a lot of the moments in the game where everything is really mellow, like just before you get a star, everything just feels really pleasant.

pojes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Galaxy is one of the most beloved games in the Mario franchise. But beyond its fun gameplay and colorful visuals, it's also known for its emotional impact. Some players have found the game to be surprisingly sad and lonely, while others see it as a beautiful and touching story. In this forum debate, we'll discuss the emotional impact of Super Mario Galaxy and whether it's a sad or uplifting game.
I have made a video showcasing why i find it to have a beautiful sadness over it, which i want to share with you guys!

Local SEO Company

I honestly think the reason I love mario galaxy so much is mostly thanks to Rosalina’s backstory. Like I don’t think mario galaxy is the greatest 3D mario ( I feel like that always changes to the newest game ), but there’s always been something about it that keeps bringing me back. And also,I don’t think Rosalina would be nearly as popular as she is if not for her story in galaxy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto