Nintendo files trademarks for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

7RZyGwe.jpg

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon could potentially just be the big surprise of Nintendo's upcoming direct, as trademark filings from Europe reveal. Both listings just popped up in the OHIM database today and were filed by Nintendo.
:arrow: Source

Last edited by Chary,

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Optimized in the sense that they're still playable on their lesser cousins, but they added features to take advantage of the new hardware if you had it. I just mean that they didn't settle on making the games purely for the lesser cousin and adding nothing to the experience when played on the superior hardware.

At the very least,
I hope the new game is able to detect its on a N3DS, and access the higher specs,
to make it faster.

Though if they make it a N3DS exclusive, it'll definitely drive their N3DS sales,
but they [Nintendo] usually don't pull crap moves like that.

wtf ate you guys discussing about gen? gen count when it come with a new console released, even having way that work on olders
New region+ new poke list = gen count (Original series of course, not spinoff like GCs ones... that only got new regions and stuff)

That definition is wrong.
It's not related to console.

Read: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation

A generation is a grouping of the Pokémon games that separates them based on the Pokémon they include. In each generation, a new set of Pokémon, moves, and Abilities that did not exist in the previous generation are released.

Last edited by Queno138,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtf ate you guys discussing about gen? gen count when it come with a new console released, even having way that work on olders
New region+ new poke list = gen count (Original series of course, not spinoff like GCs ones... that only got new regions and stuff)

We obviously know this. We're just discussing how its interesting that each new gen has managed to take advantage of the latest hardware in one way or another.

As such it has me speculating what the new games would do to take advantage of the N3DS. I'm hoping for the 3D effect everywhere and higher framerate in battles. Also free control of the camera would be awesome, but not something I'm expecting.

Reactions: Sliter

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about the fact that if you played Gold and Silver on a regular GB, you couldn't make use of the Infrared Mystery Gift option. The games were optimized for the GBC, though yes they could be played on the regular GB. Same goes for Gen 5 with the DSi and DS.
It goes without saying that they would enhance each game for the latest hardware, but that's still not what makes it a Pokemon generation.
I would say it's to push the GBC-exclusive features, but BW wasn't advertised as a DSi game, so this box is purely to push hardware. Crystal on the other hand, is actually a GBC game.

Reactions: Queno138

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
We obviously know this. We're just discussing how its interesting that each new gen has managed to take advantage of the latest hardware in one way or another.

As such it has me speculating what the new games would do to take advantage of the N3DS. I'm hoping for the 3D effect everywhere and higher framerate in battles. Also free control of the camera would be awesome, but not something I'm expecting.

I was hoping that with the N3DS c stick, we can pan the camera ourselves, if we feel like it :D

It goes without saying that they would enhance each game for the latest hardware, but that's still not what makes it a Pokemon generation.

I would say it's to push the GBC-exclusive features, but BW wasn't advertised as a DSi game, so this box is purely to push hardware. Crystal on the other hand, is actually a GBC game.

Those points are soo correct ><

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

RubyCarbuncle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well Ninty rarely pulled such dick moves,
Though they did do it with Pokemon Crystal.

They were kind enough not to do it with Pokemon BWB2W2,
Even though 3DS has been out already.

HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THAT!?

Here's hoping. I don't want to have to buy a new capture board. +drunk

EDIT: Just realized this is the wrong forum for "+insert emote here"

Last edited by RubyCarbuncle,
Reactions: Queno138

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
I do remember that. Didn't expect it to take them this long, but might this mean Gen7 will have Kalos in it? I guess we'll just have to see. I'm also still wondering what that whole thing with the Hex Maniacs was about. That shit creeped me out.

Me too, and what about that ghost lady? Couldn't sleep for nights

Ever since people saw Hoenn references-es I have always read the text of every pokemon games to find hints xD
read Yellow or red/blue/green. There is a reference to a pink pokemon with a purple flower pattern. To what pokemon is it referencing? What about Munna? Also they were talking about dream link in early games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I feel like i've see you before.... Where you on the pictochat demo team?

Tried it out

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me too, and what about that ghost lady? Couldn't sleep for nights

read Yellow or red/blue/green. There is a reference to a pink pokemon with a purple flower pattern. To what pokemon is it referencing? What about Munna? Also they were talking about dream link in early games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tried it out
Clever bastards :D

Edit: Yeah dude. That Ghost elevator lady was creepy as fuck.

Last edited by BurningDesire,

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
What could it have to do with the ghost elevator lady though. Was the rumor that she hanged her self or something? it's from a longtime ago so it's fuzzy.

Well it said, no you're not the one and she was back in ORAS and said something like no you neither. Pretty scary if you ask me.
But don't know what it is about maybe more in the next games. They also say there are more ghost ladies in the older games.

Grown men need to stop playing pokemon haha

No they don't

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: China is actually sinking. And Flooding