Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nl255 said:
What did they expect considering the 3DS is still a late Beta console! Think about it, no shop, no web browser, and a handful of poor games that are just a bit above shovelware quality. Heck, there have even been reports of games crashing and causing permanent filesystem corruption on the 3DS's NAND. It seems game companies are now releasing Beta level hardware, not just software and expecting to just "fix it later".

What?

And yeah, but Nintendo gave clear warning that those features won't be up at launch. I knew and I still bought. I had no regrets.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They released it too early IMHO (no web browser, no shop at launch) and the starting line-up is just complete shit. That's one of the reasons why I didn't hype this console at all. Before I knew it it was released and I could play it in the stores.
And when I eventually played it, I didn't see the 3D at all and the game (PilotWings) wasn't enjoyable at all.

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
much more they didn't launched it all over the world.
many parts such as South ameria,Asia,parts of Africa.
this places may even contribute to sale also.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gokujr1000 said:
If we had better Launch Titles, A Wider Offer of GOOD games available and a lower price maybe they'd see a Spike in sales.

I'll just say that expecting a price drop on the games/systems of a console that sold well at launch is pretty stupid. I guess you can complain about 3DS game prices (since they're like at least $10 more than any new PSP games nowadays) but it's not a huge difference. Odds are if you can spend the $250 you can spend the additional $40 on a game (or there were a few nice launch deals).

I still won't be really want the system until MGS3D comes out (or at least more info is released). I may buy it beforehand purely for review purposes but I'll need to buy a PSP Go, a new computer, and a PS3 before that.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
i am actually happy to see this.
this way they'll realize that the rent price is too damn high, the wii is cheaper than that.

and of course the only launch title that are interesting were FIV3DE, Ridge Racer and maybe pilotwings

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
3 things/factors that may/will increase 3DS sales:

1. more games at launch (not released earlier! rushed software is HORRIBLE), preferably! (such as zelda, pokemon, mario, conduit, resident evil, cod etc.)

2. price cut (maybe from $249.99 to $229.99, if such things happen it will not only boost 3DS but even affect other consoles!)

3. have the internet browser, eShop and the dsi transfer ready earlier (this is definitely done late cuz of AP)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Chhotu uttam said:
Southeast and east Asia has plenty. Singapore especially. We got it the same day as the US (but at March 28 due to time differences).

But price-wise is killers. $399 is even more expensive than an export PS3 now. Exports are the way to go (although still more than $300).
tongue.gif

All prices are in Singapore Dollars. As of 27/4, US$1 is about S$1.234

EDIT: sorry for additional post (instead of merging them together)

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
And cheapest so far that i seen is just a 40 buck discount at AMK hub.

Even so, 359 is still too expensive for me, and the small library of games that i wanna get isnt encouraging me either.

Make it cheap and i might consider... esp since i have a bunch of things that i myself wanna get.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
mrfatso said:
And cheapest so far that i seen is just a 40 buck discount at AMK hub.

Even so, 359 is still too expensive for me, and the small library of games that i wanna get isnt encouraging me either.
More games are coming and they're all to my favor. That's one of the reasons why I got it.

359 for local set? Should be export... I'm not sure. I suggest you wait, cuz Nintendo might make a price drop very soon thanks to this dipping sales issue.
Unless you prefer NGP which is likely going to cost way more here. (I contacted a few gameshops and they say prepare at least S$550 for a full fledged NGP experience, no joke).
frown.gif

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
chris888222 said:
Chhotu uttam said:
Asia has plenty. Singapore especially. We got it the same day as the US (but at March 28 due to time differences).

But price-wise is killers. $399 is even more expensive than an export PS3 now. Exports are the way to go (although still more than $300).
tongue.gif

places such as India,Pakistan,Bangladesh,Sri Lanka(most places of south asia as well as central and north asia also)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Chhotu uttam said:
chris888222 said:
Chhotu uttam said:
SOUTHEAST AND EAST Asia has plenty. Singapore especially. We got it the same day as the US (but at March 28 due to time differences).

tongue.gif

places such as India,Pakistan,Bangladesh,Sri Lanka(most places of south asia as well as central and north asia also)
Oops... sorry my bad. Edited my post

pozda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
too much bucks for it in my country, but srsly, if i bought it i'll be playing street fighter IV only, which i already play on my pc, so why bother, waiting for some good games and saving money in the meantime!

and well yeah, waiting to see what will wii succesor will look like, maybe i spend my money on it rather on overpriced handheld (at least in this moment when it doesn't have many good games).

i still see games coming out for DS, but thats mainly shovelware!

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sadly i have no time for home consoles (which explains my dust-filled PS3). and thanks to the horrible expected price of the NGP as said by common retailers i know very well and my interest on the 3DS's future games, I'm getting that console.

jmr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i bought two dsphats (for me & my son) then two dslites then two dsi's then traded them in & got two dsi xl's but i only got one 3ds (for my son) as im just not interested in it at all i may get one when mario kart comes out

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
jmr said:
i bought two dsphats (for me & my son) then two dslites then two dsi's then traded them in & got two dsi xl's but i only got one 3ds (for my son) as im just not interested in it at all i may get one when mario kart comes out
Wait... aren't those already discontinued? (If you bought them a year or so ago then sorry)
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto