Nintendo 3DS Worldwide Price Cut announced, GBA/NES for 3DS VC

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
...i don't know if i should be happy or not... but i guess bottomline is, i should. even though i paid premium to get my 3DS, this price drop basically means that more people will be able to afford it, meaning more people to play with, and improved chances of getting a streetpass tag.

the freebie NES and GBA games though, i dunno... even if we were early adopters, i'm not gonna cross my fingers hoping that i'll be able to download these as well. especially now that Nintendo is being a dick with the region-blocking fad... i'm not gonna be surprised if these so called "freebies" are slapped with region-blocking along the way as well.

i dunno what smiley to use; happy/sad?

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thela_kid said:
i couldn't care less about some crappy software released decades ago. i can spend 80 bucks on much better things

Yeah, like booze and hookers!

Seriously though, I'm pretty stoked about it. 20 games, 10 of which are exclusives for $80? Woot! Plus the fact that I've been using my 3DS since launch also softens the blow of the price cut.

Really, though, this will almost certainly boost sales and that can only be a good thing for any platform. Now if they'd just get some more freakin' 3DS games out there... And boosted sales should motivate the 3rd parties.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i got my 3ds on launch day and it doesn't have much to offer yet. 20 free titles is well and good but i'd rather have a choice of what 20 titles i get. i supported the system from day one and nintendo has failed me by offering nothing i've wanted to play (and i've tried all the currently available 3ds titles, so far rayman is the only thing i'm enjoying). they should be trying to say sorry for the crappy software lineup and not just for the $80 price cut.

-another world

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i got my 3ds on launch day and it doesn't have much to offer yet. 20 free titles is well and good but i'd rather have a choice of what 20 titles i get. i supported the system from day one and nintendo has failed me by offering nothing i've wanted to play (and i've tried all the currently available 3ds titles, so far rayman is the only thing i'm enjoying). they should be trying to say sorry for the crappy software lineup and not just for the $80 price cut.

-another world

I agree, I have being greatly disappointed by Nintendo's content or lack there of. I also would rather choose which of the 20 titles I get. Oh well, Nintendo over stepped and now the loyal fans or curious buyers got the short end of the stick. Must feel great for those who waited for a price drop.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feels Good Man said:
"Iwata taking responsibility for 3ds,, taking 50% salary cut and other execs 30% cut, reduced bonuses too"

Damn.
While these people are taking salary cuts, they can also deal with the people constantly flaming at them.

"FUCK YOU AND YOUR FREE GAMES. WE STILL HATE YOU." It's kind of sad, really.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Feels Good Man said:
"Iwata taking responsibility for 3ds,, taking 50% salary cut and other execs 30% cut, reduced bonuses too"

Damn.
While these people are taking salary cuts, they can also deal with the people constantly flaming at them.

Those 20 "free games" aren't worth the $80 price difference. Its more like a token to "appease" the fanboys/early adopters.

QUOTE(Feels Good Man @ Jul 28 2011, 09:21 PM)

Damn.

where do you pull that quote from?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
Slyakin said:
Feels Good Man said:

Damn.

Those 20 "free games" aren't worth the $80 price difference. Its more like a token to "appease" the fanboys/early adopters.
And you know that how?

My flash no longer work anyway and these games are stable. Wanted to buy from the E-shop anyway.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
DigitalDeviant said:
Slyakin said:
Feels Good Man said:

Damn.

And you know that because?

because any reasonable person knows they can be gotten for free. They are old games. Also think about those $80 could have gone towards buying at least one new game but oh wait there isn't really that much compelling content on the 3DS to merit even spending that much sans Zelda.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
Slyakin said:
Feels Good Man said:

Damn.

Let's see... Those first party GBA games are worth... about 10 dollars each. That alone is 100 dollars.

The first party NES games are worth... 2-5 dollars each? So that's... 20-50 dollars.

I think that's above 80 dollars.

Yeah, but not many people pirate. Maybe... less then 20 percent of Nintendo's focused market. (The market that they are trying to appeal to.)

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
DigitalDeviant said:
Slyakin said:
Feels Good Man said:

Damn.

Let's see... Those first party GBA games are worth... about 10 dollars each. That alone is 100 dollars.

The first party NES games are worth... 2-5 dollars each? So that's... 20-50 dollars.

There's only one problem those are old games that can be gotten for free, that money would be better spent on NEW content.

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DigitalDeviant said:
Feels Good Man said:

Damn.

where do you pull that quote from?

https://twitter.com/#!/gibbogame

Crosspostin' from the Q1 results thread: David Gibson has been livetweeting from Nintendo's supplemental results meeting in (I think) Tokyo. Looking forward to the transcript (I hope) tomorrow, though the lack of a presentation makes me wonder if we'll have to wait a bit longer than usual.

I'll make a new thread although it's not really thread worthy. I'll do it anyway
tongue.gif

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DigitalDeviant said:
Slyakin said:
Feels Good Man said:

Damn.

The cheapest eShop VC game is a $3 GBC game isn't it?
Going at minimum price for all 20 games it's a $60 value.
Link's Awakening, another GBC game, is priced at $5.99.
They also gave out other freebie things that are no longer available for free like Excitebike if I recall.

And saying you could potentially get them free which makes this stupid is stupid.
You might as well say buying games is stupid since you can get them all for free.

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DigitalDeviant said:
Slyakin said:
DigitalDeviant said:
Slyakin said:
Feels Good Man said:

Damn.

There's only one problem those are old games that can be gotten for free, that money would be better spent on NEW content.

Are you talking about pirating the games because that isn't really a good argument at all.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DigitalDeviant said:
but oh wait there isn't really that much compelling content on the 3DS to merit even spending that much sans Zelda.
For reference, here's a list of DS games 4 months into it's lifespan, just like the 3DS at the moment:
Feel the Magic: XY/XX
Asphalt Urban GT
Super Mario 64 DS
Spider-Man 2
Mr. DRILLER: Drill Spirits
Zoo Keeper
WarioWare: Touched!
Pokemon Dash
Yoshi Touch & Go

Source is Nintendo's own site.

People seem to forget that the DS's first year was abysmal from the game front as well.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
DigitalDeviant said:
but oh wait there isn't really that much compelling content on the 3DS to merit even spending that much sans Zelda.
For reference, here's a list of DS games 4 months into it's lifespan, just like the 3DS at the moment:
Feel the Magic: XY/XX
Asphalt Urban GT
Super Mario 64 DS
Spider-Man 2
Mr. DRILLER: Drill Spirits
Zoo Keeper
WarioWare: Touched!
Pokemon Dash
Yoshi Touch & Go

Source is Nintendo's own site.

People seem to forget that the DS's first year was abysmal from the game front as well.

I hope Nintendo is scratching their heads wondering why the system wasn't selling..

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
DigitalDeviant said:
Slyakin said:
Feels Good Man said:

Damn.

They also gave out other freebie things that are no longer available for free like Excitebike if I recall.

And saying you could potentially get them free which makes this stupid is stupid.
You might as well say buying games is stupid since you can get them all for free.

yes but these are OLD games...the $80 difference would be better spent on NEW games though I know that that is not a possibility.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
Zarcon said:
DigitalDeviant said:
Slyakin said:
Feels Good Man said:

Damn.

yes but these are OLD games...the $80 difference would be better spent on NEW games though I know that that is not a possibility.
But the fact that they're old actually makes them more valuable.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
Zarcon said:
DigitalDeviant said:
Slyakin said:
Feels Good Man said:

Damn.

Yet many of these "old" games are better than many of these newer games out today.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here