Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
DigitalDeviant said:
Zarcon said:
DigitalDeviant said:
Slyakin said:
Feels Good Man said:
"Iwata taking responsibility for 3ds,, taking 50% salary cut and other execs 30% cut, reduced bonuses too"

Damn.
While these people are taking salary cuts, they can also deal with the people constantly flaming at them.

"FUCK YOU AND YOUR FREE GAMES. WE STILL HATE YOU." It's kind of sad, really.

Those 20 "free games" aren't worth the $80 price difference. Its more like a token to "appease" the fanboys/early adopters.
The cheapest eShop VC game is a $3 GBC game isn't it?
Going at minimum price for all 20 games it's a $60 value.
Link's Awakening, another GBC game, is priced at $5.99.
They also gave out other freebie things that are no longer available for free like Excitebike if I recall.

And saying you could potentially get them free which makes this stupid is stupid.
You might as well say buying games is stupid since you can get them all for free.

yes but these are OLD games...the $80 difference would be better spent on NEW games though I know that that is not a possibility.

Yet many of these "old" games are better than many of these newer games out today.

Sadly yes, look I just feel that Nintendo has a piece meal attitude making people who payed "full" price 5 months ago a "special" status when in reality they didn't do all that they could to make a compelling case for their system.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Can you put the quote in spoilers? Thanks!

And this is really sad... Nintendo fucked up big time.
idk about that.

QUOTE(Slyakin @ Jul 28 2011, 09:44 PM) And that's not even counting the fact that GBA games are generally more valuable. I can see them going... about 7-10 bucks.
Plus they are all first party games, correct?

Random note: I only paid $175 for my 3DS by trading in a broke dsi.
tongue.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
At first I was actually pissed but then I noticed that only people who bought the 3DS before price drop get those awesome games. It's all good Nintendo, it's all good.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Holy hell. So much has happened. I love Nintendo, and I always will, they created my childhood and my anger and love towards video games. I was saving up for a 3DS as I now have a job, but I didn't get paid in time
frown.gif

I'll still buy your 3DS Nintendo to support you and I'll buy games too instead of having some games, and some roms.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
So I put a lay-by on a week ago before the news came in and the people at Big W said they need to see it in a catalog before I will be eligible to get the $100 off 0.o.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew they would have a price drop this soon.
I totally called it. xD

Now normal people can afford this thing.

Course 200 would be an expected price for the machine so 170 is a bit of a surprise.

I guess sales were that bad.

Tempted to find a $200 dollar one just to get the games.
I mean, I could emulate them all on my smart phone easy and already own all but one or two, but still, free crap xD

Though I'd much rather pay 170.

Bit of a hard choice.

Throw flash carts into the mix eventually and compare the emulators with the official stuff and it might be more worth it to drop 30 bucks later on heh. Not to mention homebrew ofcourse.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
Nathan Drake said:
TheDreamLord said:
Woo if i import it from america is 118 euro
biggrin.gif
And im gettin that much for my bday XD YAY

Then you just have to import all of your games too!
and?

It's just inconvenient, and I'm sure there is no guarantee that prices will remain favorable when it comes to importing fees and the like.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
one outstanding question is:

Will the Ambassador Program be available and/or accessible to people outside of the 4 Nintendo regions (US, Europe, Australia, Japan)?

because don't forget, Nintendo, you're ALSO making Asian units. OFFICIAL, Asian units (Singapore/Malaysian). and yet no eShop of their own, not even credit card support, no Nintendo Video support... damn. it's like Asia is the unwanted bastard child of regions. :/

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ferofax said:

Will the Ambassador Program be available and/or accessible to people outside of the 4 Nintendo regions (US, Europe, Australia, Japan)?

because don't forget, Nintendo, you're ALSO making Asian units. OFFICIAL, Asian units (Singapore/Malaysian). and yet no eShop of their own, not even credit card support, no Nintendo Video support... damn. it's like Asia is the unwanted bastard child of regions. :/
You cant use e-shop?
If not, I dont see how the Ambassadors Prgram is gonna work out.
Maybe there will be other plans for Asian Units.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Tanveer said:
ferofax said:

You cant use e-shop?
If not, I dont see how the Ambassadors Prgram is gonna work out.
Maybe there will be other plans for Asian Units.
Na it should be cool...I have a DSi from Singapore TWL-001 (ASI) and it had 1.4.1U on it. It should be the same with the 3DS. Maybe chris888222 can confirm this?

dryganaye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit surprising this, but I wonder if it'll make that much of a difference. How could Nindy *not* see that $249 was too much for a gimmicky handheld toy during one of the biggest recessions ever?? This just seems to show how out of touch they are with gaming in general and how much marketplace value they've really lost with the rise of smartphone and indie gaming developers and their rampart abuses and laxiety with their shovelware DSL and DSi era profits.

I'm still hoping the PS Vita bucks this trend and does better (than the 3DS has so far or ever will/can) even though I have my doubts that it'll be successful in the long run.

I've grown to loathe Nindy a bit over the past couple of years. They need to be taken down a few notches IMO.

I'm still sloughing through DS games I've been meaning to play and seeing as I have a DSL I have no interest in paying more for ancient GBA games which I can already find very cheap used and even older NES titles which I can play via emulator quite well.

My interest in handheld gaming *has* waned over the past year though. Just finished playing the Fire on the Water Lone Wolf homebrew though and it was pretty good. Definately not looking forward to the Caves of Kalte being the end of this series.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
skawo96 said:
Holy shat.

20 games for people that bought the console already, 10 of which cannot be normally bought.

I shall sink my talons into those 20 games.

Also new price is cool and I wonder if anyone is going to beat it at street date. Anyway, Amazon here we come. I may buy a couple of them just for s&g.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1