Nintendo's Game Builder Garage will be a digital-only release in Europe

gbgg.jpg

A new Nintendo financial report reveals a new detail about the recently-announced Game Builder Garage. While the game will be launching worldwide on June 11th, there's a difference to the European release, specifically. The game will be a digital-only title in that region, despite both North America and Japan being slated to get the game in both physical cart and digital formats. There was no reasoning given for this decision, with Nintendo quietly noting the information in its upcoming first-party release schedule for April 2021 onwards.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

Hacked consoles might get it without spending money and using some space though...

So I hope european people here have hackable units and can be able to download a rom of the game.

Luz Noceda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Europe got a physical copy of Picross 3D Round 2 and the Minecraft New2dsXL, and I'll never forgive them for it :P

What?? We didn't get Minecraft New 3DS Edition on Game Card. I was waiting for it for years but Sadly only the (USA) got it on Game card Europe got it only digital :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Europe got a physical copy of Picross 3D Round 2 and the Minecraft New2dsXL, and I'll never forgive them for it :P

Here is your Proof ;)

Welp... Other game i won't get until my game store has it as a import

Oh well thank god the Switch is region free. I will just import an American copy I think.
I totally agree with you it is just stupid they make it Region Free but you can't buy it in your own country. Just Release it Physical in Europe Nintendo

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-11-10-41-04-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-11-10-41-04-07.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited by Luz Noceda,

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Damn... another import for me. Im wondering why Nintendo makes such decisions, maybe Europe market is not that important for them, or piracy in Europe is on high level.

DNStuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
like someone else already said Stores are CLOSED in Europe. So it makes so sense to create physical copies for Europe when they are just lying around and no one can buy them. I believe stores are open in the USA? this clearly isn't the case in Europe so why sell games if stores are closed? the decision makes sense.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
like someone else already said Stores are CLOSED in Europe. So it makes so sense to create physical copies for Europe when they are just lying around and no one can buy them. I believe stores are open in the USA? this clearly isn't the case in Europe so why sell games if stores are closed? the decision makes sense.
Which is fine but unfair for physical game collector's in the UK where all shops are open. It also wouldn't be hard for Nintendo to sell physical copy's online to others in Europe who want it as well.

The argument that it's because shops are shut also makes no sense considering Nintendo have released other games on cart over the last year when shops have been shut.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: djnate27

CrossOut

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thats a shame. Perhaps in future thay will reconsider a physical release. Another thing is that they may not be as confident in the games sales here in Europe so they may just do a digital only relase so that can make as much profit as possible even if it sells low.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night