'Ni no Kuni' series announced for Xbox

ni no kuni xbox.JPG

During today's Tokyo Game Show 2022 Xbox Stream, Bandai Namco announced the debut of the Ni no Kuni series on Xbox systems. The remastered version of the first entry, Ni no Kuni Wrath of the White Witch Remastered, is available today for purchase and via Xbox Game Pass. The sequel, Ni no Kuni: Revenant Kingdom, is set to launch sometime in 2023.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm curious as to why it took this long, was it the publisher not wanting to spend the money porting it or something like Sony paying to block the port?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It probably took so long, because this is a Japanese game and the Xbox is just a big joke over there, so they don't really care.
Yep, Xbox was never very popular in Japan so a lot of Japanese games outright ditch the platform even though that's a financially bad decision (the customers in the West/Asia would buy it)..

J-Stars Victory wasn't released on Xbox 360/One either.

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep, Xbox was never very popular in Japan so a lot of Japanese games outright ditch the platform even though that's a financially bad decision (the customers in the West/Asia would buy it)..

J-Stars Victory wasn't released on Xbox 360/One either.
Exactly.
A game from Japan's biggest franchise, Monster Hunter World, wasn't released on Xbox in Japan, which is most baffling to me. The game is already in Japanese, there is an Xbox port, they just chose not to make money :D

Or maybe there's more behind these decisions, like Microsoft store fees or something.

IluaLinerin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Exactly.
A game from Japan's biggest franchise, Monster Hunter World, wasn't released on Xbox in Japan, which is most baffling to me. The game is already in Japanese, there is an Xbox port, they just chose not to make money :D

Or maybe there's more behind these decisions, like Microsoft store fees or something.
You forgot that the XBOX sold like what ¿100 units? if i remember correctly the number of XBOX one's sold in japan was less than a thousand, setup discs, logistics etc for what? 60000$ (60$x1000 units) it's not even a joke.
The xbox situation in japan during XBOX one/PS4 was so bad that it's not even funny, i think they are doing way better now with the series S and X now though.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Exactly.

I think he meant Japanese companies ditching the Xbox altogether not that they won't release games on Xbox in Japan. The latter kind of makes sense, considering nobody there owns an Xbox.

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You forgot that the XBOX sold like what ¿100 units? if i remember correctly the number of XBOX one's sold in japan was less than a thousand, setup discs, logistics etc for what? 60000$ (60$x1000 units) it's not even a joke.
The xbox situation in japan during XBOX one/PS4 was so bad that it's not even funny, i think they are doing way better now with the series S and X now though.
I know, that was what my first comment was about.
I just meant, that an Xbox version already exists and the game is already in Japanese...
Besides, like Marc mentioned: There's also people in other Asian countries who couldn't buy Japanese games on Xbox in their region, because they didn't release on that console over there, regardless of an Xbox version existing in the first place.

IluaLinerin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I know, that was what my first comment was about.
I just meant, that an Xbox version already exists and the game is already in Japanese...
Besides, like Marc mentioned: There's also people in other Asian countries who couldn't buy Japanese games on Xbox in their region, because they didn't release on that console over there, regardless of an Xbox version existing in the first place.
Im pretty sure they released them digitally though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto