Quake II Remastered to be released today alongside the start of QuakeCon 2023

2023831846514_1.png

For quite some time now, there's been rumours surrounding a possible remastered release of the highly acclaimed sequel to the original Lovecraft-ian FPS, Quake II.

The rumour has been going on for months, only to be fueled further by what seemed to be a rating board mistake from South Korea, rating Quake II Remastered back in June, and several other leakers in the industry claiming that the title was set to be announced in QuakeCon 2023. French site Dealabs and its reporter billbil-kun has reported today that indeed Quake II Remastered will be coming with an August release date, and that said release date will actually be today, August 10th, right at the start of QuakeCon 2023, which is set to take place from August 10th to August 13th.

The Remaster will apparently be available for multiple systems, counting PC, PlayStation 4 & 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X and Nintendo Switch as well, and the price tag according to the rumour will be of $10 USD, coinciding with the price tag for the Quake 1 Remaster released a couple years ago, back in 2021.

We're just a few hours away from QuakeCon 2023 starting, so it's only a matter of hours to find out.

:arrow: Source

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
shut up and take my pirate

And play offline.

Good point. Ad-hoc networking is still an option right? Does anyone remember where the Multiplayer JB-Switch community is? I used to be in a discord.

Generally, I buy games I want to play online with. Am I doing something wrong?

_Snow_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This brings back so many frickin memories. Definite must buy. I wonder if there will be a resurgence in Quake 2 modding again. There were some really cool Quake 2 mods back in the day. Also some hilarious glitches. I remember playing a multiplayer WW2 mod, but as long as it was installed, if you played the main game - the Strogg had Nazi banners everywhere.

Reactions: tabzer

supaplex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Even though remaster was free for Q2 on Steam, I'm going to buy this for the second time - for Switch. Nightdive is such a great dev, I want to support them. I had a blast with Turok 1&2, Doom64, Shadow man, Q1 and System Shock. Wish they released Blood on Switch though...

Reactions: tabzer

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: supaplex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum