Quake II Remastered to be released today alongside the start of QuakeCon 2023

2023831846514_1.png

For quite some time now, there's been rumours surrounding a possible remastered release of the highly acclaimed sequel to the original Lovecraft-ian FPS, Quake II.

The rumour has been going on for months, only to be fueled further by what seemed to be a rating board mistake from South Korea, rating Quake II Remastered back in June, and several other leakers in the industry claiming that the title was set to be announced in QuakeCon 2023. French site Dealabs and its reporter billbil-kun has reported today that indeed Quake II Remastered will be coming with an August release date, and that said release date will actually be today, August 10th, right at the start of QuakeCon 2023, which is set to take place from August 10th to August 13th.

The Remaster will apparently be available for multiple systems, counting PC, PlayStation 4 & 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X and Nintendo Switch as well, and the price tag according to the rumour will be of $10 USD, coinciding with the price tag for the Quake 1 Remaster released a couple years ago, back in 2021.

We're just a few hours away from QuakeCon 2023 starting, so it's only a matter of hours to find out.

:arrow: Source

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wonder if it'll be given to owners of the original version on steam/gog like quake 1 was, hopefully it will be
I'm crossing my fingers it will, and I have no doubt they will.
I already have both Quake 1 and Quake 2 purchased on Steam, and if the upgrade is free, then damn will this be a fun week.

supaplex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm crossing my fingers it will, and I have no doubt they will.
I already have both Quake 1 and Quake 2 purchased on Steam, and if the upgrade is free, then damn will this be a fun week.
Good news! The remaster is indeed free if you had Q2 purchased, I just looked at my library and I have it. Man, Q1 remaster was balls, this will be super fun for sure as well.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, wish they would've renamed it as a separate release though. It appears as just an update to Quake II, so most people probably won't know they have it until they go digging.
That's confusing. So people can't play the original if they want?

Just have Quake II Original and Quake II Remastered.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
That's confusing. So people can't play the original if they want?

Just have Quake II Original and Quake II Remastered.
I think you can, I get the option for launch Quake II (Original), much like with Quake.

Can’t imagine wanting to, but having the option is indeed nice.

Reactions: Xzi

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only $10? Rockstar, look at that!
It's even more sad, because you can buy a physical copy of RDR1 for half the price on Amazon, that includes the multiplayer.
You can probably find it for half the price of Amazon's price used on eBay, if you look around enough.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto