Hacking [NewHax] Frogminer - 100% FREE B9S cfw - 11.8 - US / EU / JP

Did Frogminer work for you?

• I tried it and it worked!

Votes: 66 30.1%
  • I tried and no success : (

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • I'll only try it if it's added to Plailect's Guide (no hack is official if it's not in the Guide)

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • I didn't do Frogminer because I'm a cat and I don't know how =^.^=

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • I haxed my 3DS before the Frog cometh

Votes: 122 55.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dsyoshis

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello, I update the latest version and follow the instructions. When I finish installing boot9strap and pressing the home button, it did not lunch luma3ds or shut down. I power it on and it look brick. Should I hold the power button for too long?:(

Last edited by dsyoshis,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@zoogie

Again, thank you for this

I did the install on a virgin system this morning for my nephew using the guide you linked to and everything went as expected and he's now running cfw / hbl

The only thing I had a very slight issue with was the Jap app, even though the guide tells you which options to select it was still a little awkward at times with things popping up and me not knowing the language haha

Great job once again, thanks

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
You're the man, @zoogie ! I wish you'd come out with this last week, it would have saved a friend of mine a couple bucks :P
I wish Frogminer was day one. I really do.

I was never really happy with people having to buy a dsiware game since the beginning. These things sometimes take time though. I started looking in earnest around May when I discovered that you could export/import dsiware system titles from userland, and then became extra motivated when Smea's twlhax didn't pan out back in August. Shortly after that, I confirmed that flipnote jpn v0 was the ticket to freehax (I had looked at ugopwn before but didn't think to check old versions). Then about 3 weeks later the exploit was done and released.

Oh btw, I added a dumb little poll to the thread :P

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish Frogminer was day one. I really do.

I was never really happy with people having to buy a dsiware game since the beginning. These things sometimes take time though. I started looking in earnest around May when I discovered that you could export/import dsiware system titles from userland, and then became extra motivated when Smea's twlhax didn't pan out back in August. Shortly after that, I confirmed that flipnote jpn v0 was the ticket to freehax (I had looked at ugopwn before but didn't think to check old versions). Then about 3 weeks later the exploit was done and released.

Oh btw, I added a dumb little poll to the thread :P
Yeah, they do take time. Don't take my comment to heart, it was meant lightly :P . I wish I could participate in the poll, but I don't have an option I can pick ;)

Last edited by Arecaidian Fox,
Reactions: zoogie

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
I mean.. I got a black screen after I install boot9strap. I followed the instruction, and it didn't work.
So the 3ds won't boot at all now? Did you install arm9loaderhax at one point?

What you're describing sounds like an a9lh brick -- where you have arm9loaderhax installed and you ran b9sTool.
There are a lot of safeguards and warnings about that so I'm confused how this could happen.

edit: were you following the guide in the first post or a video guide?

Last edited by zoogie,

dsyoshis

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So the 3ds won't boot at all now? Did you install arm9loaderhax at one point?

What you're describing sounds like an a9lh brick -- where you have arm9loaderhax installed and you ran b9sTool.
There are a lot of safeguards and warnings about that so I'm confused how this could happen.

edit: were you following the guide in the first post or a video guide?

No I didn't.

Also, the guide in the first post. But video guide as an example.

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
No I didn't.

Also, the guide in the first post. But video guide as an example.
Can you boot into recovery mode and try to update? That should repair your firm if you can manage to do it (the fact you are already on 11.8 is unimportant).
Recovery Mode: Hold L+R+Up+A then power on while holding those buttons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs