Hacking [NewHax] Frogminer - 100% FREE B9S cfw - 11.8 - US / EU / JP

Did Frogminer work for you?

• I tried it and it worked!

Votes: 66 30.1%
  • I tried and no success : (

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • I'll only try it if it's added to Plailect's Guide (no hack is official if it's not in the Guide)

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • I didn't do Frogminer because I'm a cat and I don't know how =^.^=

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • I haxed my 3DS before the Frog cometh

Votes: 122 55.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iLionSkillz12

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wow it does works, thx for this xploit, since i stupidly updated my 3ds i thought I would never be able to hack my 3ds, really appreciate it :)

Reactions: zoogie

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
@zoogie

Thank you for that! It truly means a lot! c:

I'm glad to see this being used in this way. Never thought ugopwn would be used to install CFW onto a 3DS, yet here we are.
As cool and surprising as seeing ugopwn repurposed for hacking the dsi's successor must have been, hacking a game yellows8 looked at and wrote off as unexploitable must have been a great sense of accomplishment. Fantastic job.:)

Last edited by zoogie,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As cool and surprising as seeing ugopwn repurposed for hacking the dsi's successor must have been, hacking a game yellows8 looked at and wrote off as unexploitable must have been a great sense of accomplishment. Fantastic job.:)
But it's not just this game that's exploitable though, right? It's all of them?

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
But it's not just this game that's exploitable though, right? It's all of them?
If you're referring to "dsiware injection" that's more of a 3DS os flaw than a problem with the games themselves.

Very few dsiware games are publicly exploitable via savegame exploits (as of now) and there's only one primary, which is shutterbug's ugopwn.

Reactions: OrGoN3

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
jesus fuck, give poor nintendo a break "oh, we cant use the CDN without paying now? well fuck you, now every console is hackable for free"

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
does this work if my kids 3ds was banned years ago?
Depends on the severity of the ban. Can you access the friend service? (the little orange smiley face on the top of the bottom screen - if no error code while online you're fine).

Last edited by zoogie,

lorilith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this work if my kids 3ds was banned years ago?
if you can access the friend service, it should work. if you cant open friend list and add an online friend code, then you may have to manually mine a mii (takes a while) which is not described in current guides

mesakagi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bump. I hacked my 3DS XL last night using this method! It took me around 20 minutes but the instructions were clear and easy to follow.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: a9lh-1user

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just read an article here about this and think it’s BS. The guide the article links to, says you have to have done steelhax already. Steelhax requires you to buy a game. No matter the situation (free or not) the article is WRONG and of course, comments are locked on it.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/frogminer-new-free-way-to-install-b9s-on-3ds-on-latest-firmware.520085/
Did someone hijack your account? :P You're a long time member with a good reputation so it's weird seeing this kind of post from you.

Steel Diver: Sub Wars is free.
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/BSJH4AsXmM1QXZQ_oxMJjiblWuchnKEw
And that thread is a front page post so of course it's locked, lol. This is the discussion thread, which is linked from there.

Last edited by zoogie,

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Am I SOL as I'm NNID banned, with no account linked and Steel Diver requires a NNID to download?

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Instructions unclear: I put my 3DS on top of a mine with a frog between the screen and 3DS is not booting any more... well, first I have to find the pieces, but still...

Congrats Zoogie on the release! Always good seeing new entry points.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just read an article here about this and think it’s BS. The guide the article links to, says you have to have done steelhax already. Steelhax requires you to buy a game. No matter the situation (free or not) the article is WRONG and of course, comments are locked on it.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/frogminer-new-free-way-to-install-b9s-on-3ds-on-latest-firmware.520085/
Dude we're not Jack Sorell, there wouldn't be a big-ass "Free" in the title if it weren't totally free

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you have use some other hack to get some kind of file. Then use this new hack to mod it and then use that to use yet another hack? This doesn’t make much sense

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so you have use some other hack to get some kind of file. Then use this new hack to mod it and then use that to use yet another hack? This doesn’t make much sense
How it works is that you first do Steelminer, then with that you dump the dlp application, patch it, and restore it.
And the fact that you need to chain many "hacks" actually makes perfect sense, because they accomplish separate things that, when combined, can get you CFW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...